Tuesday, November 15, 2016 6:11 AM
[view link] Thief held at gunpoint til the cops get there

19 comments

• jackslash
    8 years ago
    Brilliant!
  • zef8mich
    8 years ago
    Happened to me. Even if I had a gun he was watching every move I made with a gun pointing at me from the passenger window. Could have stepped on the gas, which is recommended, but would have ended in Eight Mile traffic. There was a case where a woman was shot and killed when she stepped on the gas. Lost $200 but they say a lot worse is likely to happen once they get in the car.
  • JohnSmith69
    8 years ago
    That's why I carry everywhere, all the time.
  • crazyjoe
    8 years ago
    ^^^ great idea
  • Subraman
    8 years ago
    I live in CA, so can't carry, but if someone attempts to rob me, I WILL tell them that they've hurt my feelings. Anyway, beautiful vid
  • shadowcat
    8 years ago
    I don't own a gun but I do own a stick shift which cuts down on car jackings. :)
  • Subraman
    8 years ago
    ^^^ Plus, the thief will probably not understand how to start the car using the hand crank on the front
  • vincemichaels
    8 years ago
    Nice job, citizen.
  • TheeOSU
    8 years ago
    Incidents like that happen much more often than most people know but they don't get reported because they go against the anti gun narrative that the media pushes.
  • TheeOSU
    8 years ago
    ^ To clarify regarding my previous comment, the media doesn't want to admit that a legally armed citizen can stop a crime or protect themselves without tragic consequences.
  • RandomMember
    8 years ago
    For all the Clint Eastwoods on TUSCL: Myth: Carrying a gun for self-defense makes you safer. Fact-check: In 2014, according to FBI data, nearly eight times more people were shot and killed in arguments than by civilians trying to stop a crime. • In one survey, nearly 1 percent of Americans reported using guns to defend themselves or their property. However, a closer look at these claims found that more than half involved using guns in an aggressive manner, such as escalating an argument. • A study in Philadelphia found that the odds of an assault victim being shot were 4.5 times greater if he carried a gun. His odds of being killed were 4.2 times greater.
  • RandomMember
    8 years ago
    There a just countless statistics like this. Didn't @Clubber get shot by a friend while horsing around? Too lazy to dig up the thread.
  • RandomMember
    8 years ago
    ^^^ Could be, @Titty, before my time. Who knows? @Clubber, the bastion of gun rights, describes how he went 4F during Vietnam due to getting shot by a friend: "BTW, I did not shoot myself, a friend did and only because I started us horsing around."
  • RandomMember
    8 years ago
    @Clubber, rails against political correctness because others should not be offended by his honesty. ....then puts 55 people on ignore.
  • Subraman
    8 years ago
    -->"Myth: Carrying a gun for self-defense makes you safer. Fact-check: In 2014, according to FBI data, nearly eight times more people were shot and killed in arguments than by civilians trying to stop a crime." That "fact-check" doesn't address the "myth" at all though, right? it does not say anything about whether the probability of you being injured if you use a gun to resist a robbery is increased or decreased. It's a statistic about something else. -->"• In one survey, nearly 1 percent of Americans reported using guns to defend themselves or their property. However, a closer look at these claims found that more than half involved using guns in an aggressive manner, such as escalating an argument." That doesn't either ... it does not say anything about whether the probability of you being injured if you use a gun to resist a robbery is increased or decreased. It's a statistic about something else. -->"• A study in Philadelphia found that the odds of an assault victim being shot were 4.5 times greater if he carried a gun. His odds of being killed were 4.2 times greater." By far the biggest study, one done by the Dept of justice, showed exactly the reverse: your best chance of surviving a robbery unhurt was to resist with a gun; second best was non-resistance; all other forms of resistance (unarmed, armed with knife, etc) increased the chance of being hurt. Will see if I can find it.
  • RandomMember
    8 years ago
    Fine, @Subra, you win. Just don't shoot me. Last time I went shooting was about 15yrs ago because my boss was a gun nut. I tagged along to the shooting range to fit in with the guys. I hardly know which end the bullets come out; if my house is robbed, plan to hide in the closet or under the bed.
  • RandomMember
    8 years ago
    ^^^ Better than living out Clint Eastwood fantasies with @Clubber and fucking shooting each other and going 4F. Besides, I think @Subra's facts all come from the NRA propaganda mill.
  • DoctorPhil
    8 years ago
    i wonder if clubber as on I-75 the other day good samaritan shoots, kills suspect attacking deputy [view link]
  • RandomMember
    8 years ago
    ^^^ @Phillip- Since we're into proof-by-anecdote, here's a fucking terrible story of a 5-yr-old who found his dad's gun and killed himself: [view link]
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion