tuscl

OT: Who cares about the election, more states have legal pot!

jester214
North Carolina
3, maybe 4, states legalized recreational marijuana last night. Now you'll be able to legally toke up in Cali, Nevada and Mass. Arizona narrowly voted it down (I assume too many old people?) and it's still close in Maine though some are calling it a win there. IMO this is a step in the right direction. It should be treated more like alcohol and less like heroin/cocaine.

7 comments

• Subraman
    8 years ago
    Something I've wondered: in states with legal pot, can businesses still do drug testing for THC and refuse to hire you on the basis of the results? Or do these initiatives come with a "no thc drug testing" clause? Wondering if you can smoke pot legally, but still ruin your job chances.
  • mrrock
    8 years ago
    Yeah my stupid state voted it down (AZ). Maybe in a couple more years...sigh.
  • JohnSmith69
    8 years ago
    California was the huge win. As a practical matter, marijuana legalization will now probably be impossible to stop. In most states you can be drug tested and fired for smoking pot even though it is legal. That might not happen in Calif, however, because it has more protections for workers than most other states.
  • Eve
    8 years ago
    Florida got a win, so that was a bit of happy news on our end! Only funny thing is people are asking how to get a card when they're in perfectly good health. *coughlikemyselfcough*
  • shailynn
    8 years ago
    I second what JS69 said about jobs and marijuana.

The debate I've heard is some states are seriously considering legalizing it in some form hoping it would thwart their opioid epidemics which have become a real problem it certain states.
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    Florida approved medical use of marijuana; I think that is different from what was approved in other states like CA where it seems anyone can use it legally?
  • jester214
    8 years ago
    Yeah Papi, Cali and the other places were voting on legalizing recreational use.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion