• crazyjoe
    8 years ago
    Shit
  • larryfishsticks
    8 years ago
    DEW THEY HAVE GOOD SKOOL LUNCHES?
  • WetWilly
    8 years ago
    You made they have terrible strip clubs? Or the crime rate in the southern parts of the city?
  • mikeya02
    8 years ago
    Oh, I dunno. 17 dead.40 wounded over the weekend seems to stand out
  • sweetjamesjones
    8 years ago
    I live in Chicago and it's been a crazy year in terms of gun violence (see link below). The city is on pace for nearly 800 homicides, which hasn't happened since the early 90's. It's mainly confined to a few areas south & west of downtown. [view link]
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    Yeah - shit down here in Miami is out of hand too (but not like Chicago) - having a heavy-handed approach has its drawbacks but in the absence of that it seems shit gets out of hand quick.
  • jackslash
    8 years ago
    For around 10 years I worked in downtown Chicago. It was very safe--much safer than downtown Detroit. And I have relatives who live in Chicago north of the loop--another safe area. Chicago's violence occurs mostly on the south side among gangs. I don't understand why Chicago has so much gang violence, while murders are down in most other big cities.
  • rockstar666
    8 years ago
    Chicago is a normal city with below average strip clubs, above average food. Gun violence gets a lot of press but the reality is overall crime is down from 10 years ago because the shootings are an outlier due to Indiana gun laws. People who have never been here can rag all they want and that's fine, because tourists are rather annoying. Leave us alone.
  • shailynn
    8 years ago
    If people are wondering what Mikey is talking about, there were 17 murders and 41 GSW (gun shot wounds) this past weekend - the most murders in one single weekend so far this year. There have already been 600 homicides this year.
  • DandyDan
    8 years ago
    Possibly because all the cops were in Wrigleyville? The Cubs are in the World Series, y'know.
  • flagooner
    8 years ago
    Why haven't I heard of this huge story? I'm guessing it doesn't fit with the "Black Lives Matter" dialogue.
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    '... there were 17 murders and 41 GSW (gun shot wounds) this past weekend - the most murders in one single weekend so far this year. There have already been 600 homicides this year ..." Like rockstar said; I don't see anything to rag about
  • mikeya02
    8 years ago
    Rockstar stands with Frank [view link]
  • sharkhunter
    8 years ago
    I never heard a peep about this on the news. Must not fit someone's agenda to talk about it. I heard lots of talk about emails.
  • gammanu95
    8 years ago
    I lived in Chicago for most of my life. It has been a real shithole except for Daley's leadership in the late 90s early '00s. He turned it around, but people still hated him because he was a conservative democrat who governed as it was needed, not by what was popular. Crime has been rising under Obamas former chief of staff, a liberal democrat, Rahm Emmanuel. It'll be like Detroit before long. Which is a shame, because it will always be sweet home Chicago
  • Tiburon
    8 years ago
    Why is southern parts of towns always the bad side of town. When will the north part of town be dangerous
  • rockstar666
    8 years ago
    Daley had the benefit strict gun laws; strictest in the country. Rahm has to deal with virtually no gun laws at all. Gee...and the murder rate is up. What a shock.
  • JohnSmith69
    8 years ago
    The place is run by liberals and has been for decades. They'd take credit if the place was desirable and safe, so they are to blame for it being shit.
  • gammanu95
    8 years ago
    The gun laws are unchanged Rockstar. Do your damn research. The Cook County sheriffs office still fails to approve FOID cards, effectively keeping the unconstituonal ban on firearms in place. No, it's not Indiana's fault. It's the result of decades of political greed and corruption. This is what happens when blacks stay on the democrat party plantation. This is a microcosm of what Barack and Hilary are trying to transform the entire country into.
  • sinclair
    8 years ago
    Crook County is now proposing taxing sodas and juices 1 cent per ounce. So if you buy a 20 cent drink at the gas station, you pay an additional 20 cent tax. A 64 ounce jug of orange juice would be taxed 64 cents. These Chicago liberals are beyond stupid.
  • gammanu95
    8 years ago
    That's why the people who pay the taxes are leaving the state in droves for FL and TX. IL is already facing a budget crisis, so they raise taxes. Now the people who pay the most taxes are also the ones who can afford to move out of state and do. I did. Much of my family did, too. Now the tax burden falls on the poor and middle class who are left behind and unable to leave. Beyond stupid is right.
  • pensionking
    8 years ago
    After Mayor Rahm hung Chief of Police McCarthy out to dry as his scapegoat over Laquan and other obvious police missteps, the coppers are reluctant to use lethal force and the bad guys know it. Lawlessness reigns presently. A female Chicago cop was recently beaten horribly, but refused to draw her weapon stating later, "she was afraid of the negativity and scrutiny she would likely face being a white cop attempting to arrest a black suspect." This is the law of unintended consequences as a byproduct of the black lives matter movement. The joke about the Cubs is not even a joke. A cop friend of mine told me that they all hoped the Cubs would make the World Series as they would all get OT pay to stand around Wrigleyville pulling drunk kids down off of light poles. Good times! Safe duty! Again, the bad buys knew of the massive reassignments. You see the result of a lack of law enforcement among animals. Say what you will about Mayor Daley -- he wasn't shy about cracking heads to keep the zoo under control -- and the city ISN'T Detroit because of it. Mayor Rahm is weak and the city suffers.
  • rentz2
    8 years ago
    Deep dish pizza
  • larryfisherman
    8 years ago
    The "no snitching" movement is what's wrong in these streets today.
  • Dominic77
    8 years ago
    It lots of little things that add up. Lack of mobility, that GammaNu hints at us one thing, and probably a big thing.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion