tuscl

Rule changes at the Phoenix HiLiter

azdd
On the prowl in Tucson and Phoenix
Thursday, October 20, 2016 11:42 AM
Fuck. Course correction in effect starting today. No more boob groping on the floor, tips must be handed at stage, dancer feet on the floor, grinding is restricted. At 11:30 am, the club is dead, many day shift regulars are missing, saw one of my faves dressed and leaving. Let's hope it's temporary.

36 comments

• Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    They may be getting some heat from local officials
  • azdd
    8 years ago
    My day shift fave that I saw leaving got suspended. I guess they're serious
  • skibum609
    8 years ago
    We get better dances in New England buying a dancer a drink at the bar.
  • etsutwigg222
    8 years ago
    They got raided last night. Can u arrange OTC with your favorite azdd? I think I know your favorite and she is not sweet and low. PM me of you like. I have info.
  • Mate27
    8 years ago
    That's it. I quit! I'm done.
  • VeryBigDawg
    8 years ago
    Desert scrub must be pissed
  • Mate27
    8 years ago
    Papi's probably right. Sherrif Joe is up for reelection and from what I hear the race is tight. A lot of people talking about the Democrat taking over, and Joe's posse has to create a perception of being a tough Sherrif. Easy pickings to create a public stir to hit the strip clubs. We only got 3 weeks or less before things return to normal.
  • azdd
    8 years ago
    MCSO doesn't bother clubs in the middle of Phoenix. It was probably Phoenix PD or Liquor Control Board.
  • shadowcat
    8 years ago
    Last raid was 14 months ago. [view link]
  • etsutwigg222
    8 years ago
    It wasn't Joe. It was PHX PD with AZ AG pushing. Looks like time for OTC.
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    Must be due to election season - perhaps a way for those in power to ask for campaign contributions (aka shakedown)
  • Lone_Wolf
    8 years ago
    Shiiiiiiit!
  • azrookie
    8 years ago
    Doubt that the Phoenix PD allow Sheriff Joe and MCSO in their jurisdiction. Most real cops think Joe is a bozo. New chief (female) just started. New broom sweeps clean. It will pass.
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    "... New chief (female) just started ..." Fuck - when I lived in Dallas in the mid-2000s we had a spell or two where touching was not allowed and it was while there was a female mayor in place - not saying that is the reason but ...
  • JohnSmith69
    8 years ago
    Fuck Fuck Fuck. Please tell me that this is temporary. I'm not concerned for me. It's just that the blow job queen has got to have a way to make the payments on her exotic new car.
  • ATACdawg
    8 years ago
    Jeez, JS. That really sucks! ;-)
  • larryfisherman
    8 years ago
    Shit I'm gonna be in Phoenix next month. Let's hope it's not like this when I get there.
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    Perhaps action can still be had in VIP?
  • timothyjames55
    8 years ago
    I am just leaving the HiLiter. Flew into town, hoping to have a better time than I just did. I talked to multiple dancers about, eves dropped on a bouncer conversation, and then just asked a few bouncers about it. So lame. The entire vibe was different. Going to switch gears to a different club tomorrow.
  • etsutwigg222
    8 years ago
    Papi......VIP is a limited contact zone now. For sure no extras to be had as they are monitoring VIP closely through cameras and recording the action. Even the discreet girls are being monitored and suspended if they even suspect. No blocking the view HJ/BJ.
  • JamesSD
    8 years ago
    That sucks. Sounds like there might be some dancers hungry for OTC?
  • shadowcat
    8 years ago
    The question should be was any body arrested or given a citation? If so for what?
  • Bavarian
    8 years ago
    Sounds like lots of PLs will get the chance of OTCing with the stripper of their dreams
  • ndnman
    8 years ago
    I quickly stopped by today just before 1pm for about 20 minutes hoping to see my fave. No luck and I didn't get any dances either. I honestly didn't notice anything off about the floor dances that I saw, but I also wasn't privy to this new info at the time either. Otherwise I woulda looked closer or at least asked. I did do VIP last Thursday for about 4 songs and didn't feel like I was being watched nor did my dancer act like that was the case. Desertscrub please do some recon for us. Say it ain't so!
  • etsutwigg222
    8 years ago
    Change occurred last night when LE requested VIP tapes, but club had none to give them. IDIOTS!!!! You always have a set of books for LE review. No arrests or citations to date, but warning that they are on the watch list. Now enforcing tighter rules than BSC.
  • azdd
    8 years ago
    Not sure what being on the "watch list" entails, but if it in any way puts the liquor license at risk, then we can expect the fun at the HL to be curtailed for a long time. The liquor license is what gives the club value and revenue to the owners, and they will do whatever necessary to protect it. The ability to sell booze in a bar easily dwarfs any reduced income from VIP fees or tipouts. Sucks for all of us, but the owners will protect their asset.
  • gammanu95
    8 years ago
    The only PHX club I've been to is Christies Cabaret in Tempe, before I learned extras are real. Not that I would ever go there, but if they hit HiLiter as part of a vice sweep, I wonder what they'll do to BLM
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    If a club severely restricts the fun in order to protect their liquor license then they may not have enough custies to sell that liquor to & one would think profits will still go down significantly - pussy and the ability to play w/ it is what brings the PLs in, they can go drink anywhere [unless it's just a temporary thing that they expect to blow over]
  • Dominic77
    8 years ago
    ^^^ Papi_Chulo, I've wondered about that, too. I'd rather have nudity over liquor given the choice, yet I wonder why topless bars are so common. I figure given the choice, the customers would think like me and choose the former. Yet the girls seem to often say topless bars bring in better clientele (travelers, esp). Plus there seem to be a lot of customers that go to topless bars, and don't really interact with the girls. So I agree and disagree that being able to play is what brings some of them in. How many and what mix, is hard to say. I find it all fascinating.
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    I don't doubt that topless clubs may make the biggest chunk of their profits from alcohol, just saying that if the club is lame then custies may not come in just b/c there's alcohol
  • WetWilly
    8 years ago
    I'm willing to bet it is directly related to the election. Sheriff Joe is now 84 years old, I'm predicting he's going to be watching a lot of football this winter.
  • Mate27
    8 years ago
    Thanks WetWilly. He's fine during his time(Sherriff Joe) but it's time to shift directions and go with some new blood. I think the polls are spot on, and o don't believe the Presidential election will be a landslide either. Remember Dewey/Truman anyone? That's right, the underdog has won even after the favorite was called the winner! Keeping investing America!
  • rentz2
    8 years ago
    This changes some plans for me next month.
  • WetWilly
    8 years ago
    In my personal experience over the past 3-6 months, the VIP dances got significantly more liberal after the renovation was completed. If I had to guess, I'd say word got out. I think management went too far.
  • Mate27
    8 years ago
    I'm amazed at how much power the local liquor board has to enforce not only the ways of liquor being dispense, but also the solicitation of sexual acts. The recent raid is part of an ongoing review by the liquor commission since May '16 where citations were handed out for improper solicitation at wn establishment serving alcohol. Kind of creative if you ask me, and I still think it's coming from the county and not the city. Either way it doesn't bother me as my activities remain unchanged. Never do anything improper and you'll be fine.
  • WetWilly
    8 years ago
    Handing dollar bills to the dancer on the stage? What's that all about? What interpretation of local ordinance requires a club patron to pass a dollar bill into the hands of the dancer? Surely not, Shirley
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion