tuscl

Does it mean I've been hacked or my info is out there somewhere if Random girls

Just wondering. Seeing lots of random people on the suggested friends list.
Anyone know?

My identity is not supposed to be available via regular internet searches. Maybe facebook decided to share something.

20 comments

• JuiceBox69
    8 years ago
    Your fucked...sorry
  • JuiceBox69
    8 years ago
    Nah...my facebook is doing something just as odd...hopefully we are OK
  • sharkhunter
    8 years ago
    Only a dozen or so odd faces showing up so far.
    Mostly females.
    Someone from Mexico City and somewhere in South America too.
    Either facebook shared my pic or info or my info is out there somewhere I suspect.
    Several from where I live even though I'm not sharing where I live. Facebook probably decided to share more than I wanted. I can always deactivate my account I guess.
  • shailynn
    8 years ago
    You may have a friend on your list that is friends or friends of those people.
  • my123
    8 years ago
    It's an algorithm that factors in several things:

- being a friend of a friend, the more common friends the more likely
    - if their contact info is on your phone or vice versa
    - if you look at their profile or vice versa

I've had several strippers give me their number and a few weeks later, they show up in my suggested list.
  • mikeya02
    8 years ago
    I get the feeling that Facebook knows every site you ever visited
  • JuiceBox69
    8 years ago
    Mikeya I agree
  • sharkhunter
    8 years ago
    I am seeing people suddenly pop up I never saw before, some in foreign countries. Maybe a friend of a friend is telling a friend and looking me up? Not sure why so many at one time though, That's what seems suspicious.
  • JohnSmith69
    8 years ago
    I despise Facebook. Always have. This is just another example of why that's true.
  • vincemichaels
    8 years ago
    Gee, I'm feeling neglected.
  • vincemichaels
    8 years ago
    I get contact with gorgeous women from unusual foreign countries on another social networking site I belong to, but so far none of these women you mention, sharkhunter. That's why I'm feeling neglected . :)
  • K
    8 years ago
    FB on your phone has access to your contacts, your emails, the sites you visit, your location and more.

I removed some of the permissions. Until I did, i had suggestions for various dancers and patrons of my usual clubs.

Around here we have a high percentage of dancers from Eastern Europe and Latin America, They likely have friends and contacts you know or see at the club. Click on one of them and if they haven;t set their security properly, you can review their friends. You might see who you know in common.
  • Tiredtraveler
    8 years ago
    I have the best answer: stop wasting your time on face-butt.
    Just by being on that service ALL your information will be shared. Face Butt security is a joke and they could care less about it. Plus I could give a shit about what someone had for dinner last night unless I was there. Why do y'all think we care about the trivia in your life.
    All you are doing is enriching the sleazy thief that stole the idea. The amount of time it takes to maintain a face butt account I spend at work and making money to have more than enough to club!
  • sharkhunter
    8 years ago
    Hey, one of the girls is a Hooters girl I believe. Maybe not all that bad having some strangers pop up.
    I have an account on there just to please some relatives. Only spend about a minute or two a day on there. Compared to this site, it's nothing.
  • Subraman
    8 years ago
    -->"Does it mean I've been hacked or my info is out there somewhere if Random girls from Mexico or South America are looking at my profile on Facebook?"

I'll tell you what it means -- it means you're HOT!

THIS THREAD IS WORTHLESS WITHOUT PICS
  • Tiburon
    8 years ago
    Do you post pictures of your location?
  • mrrock
    8 years ago
    Do you follow models of any kind? I've followed a few IG types on FB and get friend requests from people I don't know now and get them in recommended. That might be your issue.
  • sharkhunter
    8 years ago
    I'm not too worried about it. The Hooters girl could have been someone I clicked on a week ago and she might have wondered who I was so she suddenly showed up a week or two later on my suggested friends list. I forgot I went surfing looking at random people a week or two ago. Some might have looked to see who I was.
    The other possibility for some people is that I have the same name as the son of a locally famous and well known politician. They look for the son and find me because the son of the more famous guy might not be on facebook.
  • sharkhunter
    8 years ago
    I'm not impressed with many of the pics I see. Not that many hot girls. The facebook intern that showed up consistently for about a year was a lot hotter than anyone popping up now. I had to wonder if I was somehow a work project and she kept a watch on my profile. Someone who didn't use facebook much.
  • sharkhunter
    8 years ago
    Maybe my original thought was correct.
    Someone probably posted info about me on an international web site somewhere.
    I never clicked on people in South America, Mexico, or the Philippines.
    Only 3 people so far showing up from foreign countries where I know no one. Not counting iwo jima. I thought maybe that could have been a friend of a friend.

I'm not sure how everyone is finding me now either.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion