tuscl

Newbie advice

Recently started to get out more and with that has come a few offers. Hadn't made the plunge yet but headed to Baltimore this weekend and been reading up on the Block. Sounds like a lot of craziness but didn't want a visit that is more of a nightmare. Any recommendations or should I not even think about it and will probably be taken advantage of?

10 comments

• chessmaster
    8 years ago
    We all probably got taken at some. Its part of the process. Just make sure it's not for too much money.

What exactly happens in Baltimore/the block that makes it a nightmare?
  • Prostone
    8 years ago
    Heard it is very dangerous at night especially if you are alone (which I will be). Girls are very aggressive and expensive due to the pricing system. Also heard that the extra fun is harder to find if you aren't in to AA girls.
  • sinclair
    8 years ago
    What you heard is all very true. The Block clubs are not all that great.
  • shailynn
    8 years ago
    I could sum up the block with this experience.

I was there with a rowdy group of guys when we were in our 20s. Wen went into one club and I went to the restroom with my drink. Thinking it would be the safest with me in there, I lm using the urinal and look up and my drink is fizzing. Yep someone tried to ruffie me.

There are good clubs in Baltimore that aren't on the block btw.

If you're an adventurous somewhat street smart person you'll be okay. But if you're timid and not used to being in sketchy areas I would sit this one out.
  • Prostone
    8 years ago
    Wow. Crazy. What's the recommendation for clubs in Baltimore area? Some where that I can cut my teeth!
  • HungryGiraffe
    8 years ago
    Check out Scores Baltimore. If on a tight budget, you'll be able to have fun with low cost table dances and watch 8 to 10 rated, fully nude babes on stage. I find the club very relaxing. With the right dancer, the lap dance room booth setup lends itself to a good time. YMMV widely.
  • Darkblue999
    8 years ago
    Go to Hustlers which is on same street as The Block. Go on Friday night or Saturday night to see 8 and above dancers. Get 2 for $40 vip upstairs dance which are full contact dances. Few girls take top off. If you go week day nights you get more mileage but few girls
  • my123
    8 years ago
    I went to the Block once with a friend of mine years ago. I love strip clubs as much as anyone on this site, but holy shit was I scared of some of those Block clubs. As the previous poster says though, Hustler is in that area and is a bigger safer club.
  • wallanon
    8 years ago
    If you're there during the day, the Block is no more of an issue than many other locations. A lot of strip clubs are in sketchy places. The Block is down the street from police central. There's only so much that's going to go wrong without them showing up. Unless you are unlucky, you're going to be fine if you keep track of what's happening around you. Some of the clubs are a little off the main strip. You don't have to go to them. One of the places that used be worth the walk down a side road was Norma Jeans, but it looks from recent reviews that you can scratch it off the list.
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    Have not been but many of the clubs seem to operate similar to tourist traps where you cant even talk to a dancer unless you've bought her a $25 drink & all sorts of crazy dance prices - many of the clubs seem to only want to fleece you w/o offering much value - The Block is probably living of its former fame & club owners probably survive by fleecing unsuspecting tourists or newbs visiting blindly just based on hype - you have gotten some solid recs but it seems the area is just overpriced.

If you go to the Articles section and do a keyword search for Baltimore , someone wrote an Article a while back (you may need to go back a few pages in the Articles section)
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion