tuscl

Tonight is Military Night at the Charger-49'er game

Thursday, September 1, 2016 12:40 PM
Military in attendence, hundreds on the field. Super flag covering the field. Tributes to vets and Wounded Warriors And Kaepernick is going to diss the military and honor BLM. The pinhead can't think of a reason to stand for the flag. Booooo!

40 comments

• Dominic77
    8 years ago
    I think like it is when a child throws a tantrum. you just need to ignore him.
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    Well - he should move to Cuba since he seems to like Fidel - lets see "how well he is treated" if he did not stand for the Cuban anthem.
  • TravelingGolfer
    8 years ago
    I'll be there tonight to boo him in person. I used to like him when he was younger and successful. Now, he's not even good. Don't you have to be good to use your "clout" to make a public stand on an issue?
  • flagooner
    8 years ago
    I'd like to see the o-line sit for the first snap as a sign of protest.
  • mikeya02
    8 years ago
    ^^^^ Lol, maybe a hard snap to his nuts
  • san_jose_guy
    8 years ago
    I respect this Kaepernick in what he is doing. SJG
  • oscarlomax
    8 years ago
    I respect Kaepernick and what he's doing. I've read all the lyrics to the STAR SPANGLED BANNER and I also understand who Francis Scott Key is because I bother to get the facts rather than just react. Be informed before you make a judgement.
  • san_jose_guy
    8 years ago
    I'm not sure that he is responding just to the Star Spangled Banner, I think he just doesn't at this time want to be showing deference to the national anthem of the United States. He is following the Olympic athletes in Mexico City in 1968. [view link] This is what first came to my mind when I heard about it, and still a day before it became controversial in the news. We have a statue for the 1968 salute right here at San Jose State: [view link] [view link] [view link] SJG Whos That Lady? - Donald Fagen, Michael McDonald, Boz Scaggs - The Dukes of September - Live 2014 [view link]
  • rockstar666
    8 years ago
    I think a show of the military at a sporting event smacks of 3rd world bullshit, but maybe that's just me.
  • vincemichaels
    8 years ago
    The man is entitled to freedom of expression like others here, he should try living in a 3rd world nation, say North Korea which recently executed a high government official for fallling asleep during a meeting led by the oh, so kind dictator leader.
  • mikeya02
    8 years ago
    Rockstar, you're kidding right? It's not a show of the military, it's a show of respect to the military. Don't act like tanks, missiles and thousands of armed marching soldiers are involved. Sheesh!
  • oscarlomax
    8 years ago
    I hear you, San Jose Guy, but the facts from years past and the history inform today and how folk are treated. Kaepernick's protest has merit and shouldn't just be written off as someone being ungrateful or disrespectful. The truth of the matter is the whole system of de-valuing certain people is what's disrespectful.
  • mikeya02
    8 years ago
    Rong! the right to protest does not grant the right to be admired. He has no respect, no manners, no brains.
  • JamesSD
    8 years ago
    His protest is kinda childish, attention whorish and ineffective. But his critics are some of the dumbest and most racist people on the planet. Seriously. Not standing for the flag is not dissing the military. I'm not sure where FAUX news made that up. Reminds me of the GW days. "Support our troops!". I'd add "[view link] bringing them home!"
  • Dominic77
    8 years ago
    At least he's not spitting on the troops returning home, like in the Vietnam War days. Too many people have their panties in a bunch over nothing (or at least something trival), IMO. Jesus fucking Christ.
  • sharkhunter
    8 years ago
    disrespecting the pledge is just standard procedure for the ME FU generation. No courtesy, no respect for anyone unless you are on their FU side. Respect and courtesy is for old geezers it appears. You are old or racist if not with them.
  • sharkhunter
    8 years ago
    I guess it doesn't matter that much anyway. Almost everyone dead by 2056. Less than 40 years away. I might be bitter too if I knew I had to work all my life and die before retiring. Armageddon in either 2055 or 2056. However I'm not sure if the US gets nuked before then or not.
  • rentz2
    8 years ago
    It's weird to say he should live in North Korea cause they force you stand for national anthems. I am thankful we don't cause as your example of North Korea shows blind and ultra patriotism is terrifying.
  • vincemichaels
    8 years ago
    Not so weird, rentz2, Kopernick's right to do as he chooses would not be allowed in North Korea. We don't kill people for dissing the flag, North Korea would. It's terrifying, no doubt about itl
  • vincemichaels
    8 years ago
    Not so weird, rentz2, Kopernick's right to do as he chooses would not be allowed in North Korea. We don't kill people for dissing the flag, North Korea would. It's terrifying, no doubt about itl
  • skibum609
    8 years ago
    Kapernick is simply a pompous, attention seeking bigot, like every other left winger.
  • Tiburon
    8 years ago
    Contrary to popular belief a lot of Veterns actually sympathize with Kapernick. I know you old folks are SHOCKED but the truth is, they fight even for KKK to yell tomfoolery, so why should Kapernick be exempt.
  • twentyfive
    8 years ago
    ^^^True many people agree with Kaepernick, but many have problems with his form of protest.
  • Tiburon
    8 years ago
    @twentyfive I suppose since he's black they'd be much more verified if they saw him breaking car windows and smashing up stores. Then they'd have justification to say "see, I told you these black people are animals". Unfortunately he took the high road and did it peaceful where they can't call him an animal but it definetely got the point across enough where people are foaming at the mouth. I found it pretty smart too because football is the most talked about sport since something to talk about in good ol' 'Murica. So who really won here? The critics or Kapernick?
  • twentyfive
    8 years ago
    Listen Tiburon where did you get from me anything about "breaking car windows and smashing up stores" or calling black people "animals", I don't know about you but I am a member of an extended gold star family my aunt kept the flag that was draped over my cousins coffin in a shadow box with my cousins picture on her mantle for her entire life, I also have in my custody the flag that was draped on my fathers casket folded even though my father passed away from old age at 92 he was a decorated veteran of WW2 and if you ever had a conversation with him he wouldn't talk about what he did during the war, but he would say, it was the most important thing other than marrying my mother and having a family he had ever done. So you go ahead and protest the way you want it is your right. I feel it is disrespectful and neither you or anyone else will ever change my mind.
  • TravelingGolfer
    8 years ago
    @Tiburon "So who really won here? The critics or Kapernick?" Based on this report, I wouldn't exactly say Kaepernick "won". His career was floundering already and he only did more harm to it, by putting himself in the spotlight, ahead of the team, on a controversial issue. The topic already has plenty of attention and what he did hurt himself a lot more than it helped the cause. I read this yesterday: "After speaking with seven anonymous NFL front office members, Bleacher Report's Mike Freeman came away with the opinion that teams "truly, truly hate" Colin Kaepernick, and he may never play another down in the league. Wed, Aug 31 Rotoworld
  • Tiburon
    8 years ago
    @twentyfive I don't know what you got out of my post but I wasn't REMOTELY accusing you of anything. You got a guilty conscience or something?
  • Tiburon
    8 years ago
    @travelingGolfer From what I understand perhaps. And I did hear about the executive comments. But their not coaching the team. If kapernick becomes far better than he is right now within the coming months, either the execs will sing a different tune or the coaches won't give a damn. At the end of the day even if they're racist in this day and age it's all about the win. And as long as he doesn't try to change the game of American football, it shouldn't be a problem. People are still gonna watch football whether they hate him or love him. At least that's what I think.
  • Tiburon
    8 years ago
    And before anyone tries to suck me into a heated argument, I'm not on tuscl to argue about anything but ass and tits and dick sucking lips. Wow that rhymed; I should be a rapper ^_^
  • TravelingGolfer
    8 years ago
    I agree. If he steps his game back up, he'll have a spot in the league. It all comes down to his play on the field. Perhaps some of the owners are racist, but more than anything, I think they are businessmen. The NFL has had a lot of negative publicity under Goodell and I think the owners are just trying to protect their product by keeping the controversy and negative publicity to a minimum.
  • rentz2
    8 years ago
    Your original comment doesn't make sense but so be it. We shouldn't determine how we act or say you should be thankful cause if you did this in North Korea it wouldn't be accepted. This isn't North Korea thankfully and we don't believe in the same things as there thankfully.
  • twentyfive
    8 years ago
    Tiburon I don't wish to argue either but I was reacting to your post to me if you didn't intend it at me go back and reread your post to @twentyfive
  • Tiredtraveler
    8 years ago
    I agree with some of the above posts. He was a flash in the pan show off and is now a has been. He is the next Ryan Leaf!
  • Tiredtraveler
    8 years ago
    Further he has the right to do and say what he wants as long as it does not infringe on my or anyone else's rights. Again I say just ignore him as the only reason he is still on the roster is he is to expensive to get rid off. I will say this I would not want to be in his shoes when a linebacker from a military family gets through!!.
  • mikeya02
    8 years ago
    I thought his *black power* afro was a nice touch to get his *message* across...lol
  • san_jose_guy
    8 years ago
    Maybe now they'll just stop having football games. Once my Christian Eating Lions took over, all eyes were riveted on them. No one wants to watch any football game. [view link] SJG
  • sharkhunter
    8 years ago
    He has a right to disrespect people just like me and everyone else in this country. Just because you have the right to do something like protest at a funeral, doesn't mean it isn't disrespectful or that you should do it. If no one passed a law against sticking my middle finger up, I have a right to do that too. Does it seem disrespectful to someone on the other end seeing it? Seems similar to sitting down for the pledge. Apparently everyone's mind is already made up on this issue so I won't waste more time discussing it.
  • san_jose_guy
    8 years ago
    I for one do not believe in obligatory professions of allegiance. Refusing to partake of one, is not the same as going to a funeral just to protest like those Westborough Baptist Church folks do. SJG
  • sharkhunter
    8 years ago
    Who said anything about saying the pledge? He could have silently protested by not saying it. He was like funeral protesters going out of his way to do his protest to get attention. Same thing, just not as much effort to do.
  • san_jose_guy
    8 years ago
    I would never go to someone's funeral to protest, like that Westborough Baptist Church does. But I would, when it seemed necessary, decline any obligatory professions of allegiance or belief. SJG
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion