tuscl

With the Lights On?

There's a club I've been to lately that turns all the lights up at 2AM, and the customers still there (other than hardcore regulars) wander around like they're lost. It's kind of like a zombie movie. Saw another club a couple of weeks ago after they opened but before they had their shit together. Lights were up. Not a good look at all.

If you saw your favorite club with all of its lights on, would it make a difference?

16 comments

• sclvr5005
    8 years ago
    Yeah it loses that ambiance with the lights on. Seen it a few times when heading to a club for lunch. They were open for about an hour and a half but all the dancers were still in street clothes and the lights were all on. No music either. Just the volume on the TV. Didn't feel like a stripclub and more like a regular bar.
  • Subraman
    8 years ago
    I've seen a couple of clubs with lights turned up, it's a horrible scene. One of my ATFs once texted me a picture of a local club with all of the lights on and the club empty ... totally creepy
  • Dougster
    8 years ago
    On a related subject, some strippers I met OTC did not look as good once they were out of the dark lights!
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    Yeah, a strip-club w/ all the lights on and no music feels like all the life has been sucked out of it
  • jackslash
    8 years ago
    I have seen my favorite club with all the lights on. Not a good look. It's not like a strip club unless lights are low and loud music is playing.
  • larryfisherman
    8 years ago
    I've been there once when they were closing, and they turned the lights on. Like others have said, not a good look.
  • K
    8 years ago
    the ambiance is lost. Both the customers' and the dancers' moods change. Many dancers do not look half as good with the lights on.
    If the club and the dancers looked better in bright lights, the club would have bright lights on all the time.
  • JuiceBox69
    8 years ago
    This when I usually pull my AK47 out and give shadow cat something to post on tuscl LMFAO
  • stripfighter
    8 years ago
    Doesn't bother me. Didn't feel like a SC nor nightclub, but more so an after-hours pub.
  • JuiceBox69
    8 years ago
    If I'm at a all the lights on establishment at 2am it better be Denny's or da waffle house
  • vincemichaels
    8 years ago
    Meet me at Denny's, Juice. I've found a new Denny's that has a different recipe for chacken fangers. While your reliving your night at the SC, I have some new ingredients.
  • vincemichaels
    8 years ago
    I haven't closed a SC in ages, but I remember The Landing Strip at closing, it's like watching a bunch of cows wandering around, dazed and confused. Not a pretty sight.
  • shadowcat
    8 years ago
    I frequently get to Follies before they are officially open. The lights are up and there is no music. I amuse myself by watching the bar tenders getting set up and the bouncers doing some clean up, getting the TV's turned on. Usually one of my favorite dancers will join me to BS until things get going.

They usually start dimming the lights by increments. So that your eyes can adjust. The bouncers get some music going until the DJ gets there.

There are usually 4 or 5 girls already dressed and hanging around. You can also see how beat up the furniture really is.

It's been a long long long time since I have seen the reverse.
  • lopaw
    8 years ago
    Used to hit up the old Wild Goose back in the day at 11:30am for some lunch and the place looked very bizarre with the lights on and no music. Hated it. They eventually started opening later and later and finally closed for good back in 2008. Lost a fun place.
  • JohnSmith69
    8 years ago
    If I ever saw the Follies or Hi Liter VIP areas with the lights on, it's unlikely that Id ever return to a strip club.
  • s88
    8 years ago
    Seen it at my regular SC. I'd prefer if it was bright like an office building. Monochrome purple lighting makes strippers look like comic book characters and not human and therefore less sexy.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion