Ex-Greenville strip club employee not guilty

jackslash
Detroit strip clubs
She looks innocent to me.

http://www.thestate.com/news/state/south…

13 comments

• 4got2wipe
    8 years ago
    "Aimee Joy Harms, 21, was charged last year with prostitution and exposure of private parts in a lewd and lascivious manner. She broke down in tears when the court revealed she was not guilty on both charges.

"I believed in my innocence all along," Harms told The Greenville News. "I would never do that." "

Brilliant! She knew she was innocent because she would never expose herself in a lewd manner. It's not like she would have any way of knowing whether or not she exposed herself!

And what were people paying her for if she didn't expose herself?
  • rattdog
    8 years ago
    i would like to see that vide. i would also like to engage in a simulated sex act with this aimee, as it ssems to be considered neither illegal nor prostitution according to the report and lawyer.
  • shailynn
    8 years ago
    Over the years I have spent a decent amount of time in SC, and man they have some weird ass laws and police do some shady things down there.
  • georgmicrodong
    8 years ago
    Good for her.
  • rockstar666
    8 years ago
    Cops spent $26,000 on this nonsense. I'm in the wrong line of work!
  • chessmaster
    8 years ago
    So this is what they spend drug money on.
  • shailynn
    8 years ago
    "Uh yes captain, I need to go bust some strippers, can you give me several thousand dollars over the next 3 months for investigative work, and pay me while I get blowjobs too?"

• vincemichaels
    8 years ago
    Yeah, great job, there piggies !! I'd do her, she looks fine to me.
  • sharkhunter
    8 years ago
    Her lawyer argued the officers were drinking too and that drinks or alcohol affects your judgement and reasoning.

Maybe I should have become a police officer and get to spend over 20K investigating strip clubs. Of course I would have to drink and offer more and more money until someone cracked and offered sexual services. 2K per visit was apparently enough after several visits. Make the investigation last at least a year. Up the offers well above what 99 percent of the population would be willing to offer so that only the Donald Trump's and Bill Clintons would have that much money.
  • sharkhunter
    8 years ago
    Oh, she danced, simulated sex act. Yep.
    Other officer, she smiled at me, simulated sex act, yep. Her lips moved in a sexually suggestive way indicating she was simulating a sex act with her tongue going back and forth across her lips. Yep, officer simulated sex act.

Hey, we could bust all kinds of kids eating ice cream. Nah, public would fry us if we did that. me imagining myself working as a police detective.
  • mjx01
    8 years ago
    "Bouton argued prosecutors did not provide any evidence of their allegations through video, audio or an independent witness. He also challenged the credibility of the officers, who consumed alcohol during their investigation at the strip club."

Wow! Mega props to that jury for get that correct. It is such BS when having a badge automatically makes someone "more honest / trustworthy." I might have to put that lawyer on retainer.
  • Ironcat
    8 years ago
    The cops are very shady in this part of the country - just today I read about the Spartanburg County Sheriff confiscating $29,000.00 on a traffic stop even though they never charged the driver with anything and found no drugs. I guess they need the money to bust another club down hear and totally eliminate any strip club options.
  • san_jose_guy
    8 years ago
    Remember when this stuff started in Greenville, I explained a few things which should be obvious to anyone who has ever followed the legalities which pertain to such places.

Of course, the usual trolls went berserk and were trying to out do one another.

But I explained that if a defendant is willing to go thru a jury trial, that kind of evidence which they had, plus sorts of laws they are trying to enforce and the interpretations they are giving, make conviction very unlikely. They are trying to enforce laws in ways which juries will not support.

Sure in a discussion of abstracts most people might support such laws. But with a real defendant well represented, and given the types of evidence they had, and how involved the cops had to become in order to get it, not much chance of conviction.

This is how Jim and Artie were able to beat Diane Feinstein.

So what the authorities really expect is that defendants will plead guity, and then they want civil proceedings, with a much lower proof standard and putting the onus on the club owner, to close the club.

SJG
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion