tuscl

Take the quiz

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
Tuesday, August 2, 2016 10:12 AM
I have been avoiding the political topics but I can't ignore what is going on any longer. [view link] I align most with Gary Johnson, Trump second and Hillary 5th.

30 comments

• RandomMember
    8 years ago
    So we don't agree on anything, @Shadow, but what is it that bothers you the most about Hillary? She used to be a Republican and she's just barely to the left compared to other Dems. She's definitely to the right of Obama. She's far more hawkish and likely to use military force against ISIS. She's not a great speaker, and she lacks charisma. Still, she's just more-or-less a policy wonk. Just don't understand why she's hated so much. Trump's mentally ill and he has to be stopped.
  • shadowcat
    8 years ago
    RM - I have never been registered with any party. I don't understand left from right, conservative from liberal. I just answered the questions and that is the way they came out.
  • Dominic77
    8 years ago
    I align most with Jill Stein, Hillary, and Trump 4th. Jill Stein 88% on domestic policy on social, economic, immigration issues on education, electoral, science, and on healthcare issues Hillary Clinton 86% on social, domestic policy, foreign policy on economic, immigration, science, on electoral and health issues Gary Johnson 77% on domestic policy on social, immigration, environmental, on science and healthcare issues. Donald Trump 52% on environmental, criminal, and healthcare issues Darrel Castle 28% no major issues
  • JohnSmith69
    8 years ago
    Interesting. Mine was Trump 95%, Johnson 90%, ice queen 10%. I'm still trying to figure out how Clinton got such a high ranking. I was hoping for a negative percentage.
  • anthonyu
    8 years ago
    It should be obvious, even to its practitioners, that the vitriolic hatred of Hillary must have a basis in something more substantial than some bumbling with emails, or somehow maybe questionable real estate deals from 30 years ago, misdeeds of her husband or Benghazi nonsense. The emotions are so strong that asserting the cause to be some aspect of Hillary’s rather dual career is just not credible. Eisenhower lied to the American people about the U-2 and Gary Powers. Kennedy slept with Marilyn Monroe and only God knows how many others. Reagan got 200+ Marines killed in Lebanon. George H. W. Bush’s Secretary of the Treasury, Catalina Villapando, was sentenced to prison for, of all things, tax evasion. And, of course, he lied when saying, “Read my lips…” And we all remember Bobby Baker and LBJ. Don’t we? Carter and Love Canal? Or Carter and the Hamilton Jordon, Jody Powell cocaine scandal? Yet these men enjoy nothing approaching the bitter loathing accorded Hillary. Why is that? A puzzlement? No; it’s the emblem of fear, the only emotion that provokes such strong hostility. And, you might ask, fear of what? Obama provokes the same kind of over the top animosity, and it’s pretty clear what causes that: he’s a symbol of the changing demographics in the US, changes that bring alarm to the current, temporary, demographic majority. Hillary is a symbol of the social changes in American society; the changing role of women, less than a hundred years ago they couldn’t vote, now women outnumber men in law school, medical school and who knows what else. Then there’s the sexual revolution, the gay revolution, globalization and, again, demographics. People are afraid of what Hillary symbolizes. From fear comes hate. Both bad counselors.
  • JamesSD
    8 years ago
    Clinton then Stein, then Johnson with Trump way behind.
  • anthonyu
    8 years ago
    Or, to put it more succinctly: [view link]
  • crsm27
    8 years ago
    Mine was Trump, Johnson, Castle, Clinton, Stein.....
  • metaldude
    8 years ago
    Trump 76, Johnson 74, Hillary 68, but there's no way I'm voting for trump
  • chessmaster
    8 years ago
    I did this before. I think first was Jill Stein then sanders, then clinton, then trump.
  • chessmaster
    8 years ago
    I was surprised trump was higher than all the other republicans for me.
  • rockstar666
    8 years ago
    Clinton 93 Stein 89 Johnson 63 Trump 10 I'm astounded by this. Simply astounded. How did I score so high on Trump?
  • MrBater2010
    8 years ago
    My Test score scare me a little. Stein Clinton Johnson Trump It is the Stein part that scares me.. 3 days ago I didn't know who she was. Does this mean McAfee dropped out? I think Johnson has the best slogan. "Feel the Johnson" I would take Hillary over Trump any day. Great points.. anthonyu
  • san_jose_guy
    8 years ago
    Hillary cut her teeth with Children's Defense Fund. When I learned that in 1992, I knew she was good. SJG
  • ATACdawg
    8 years ago
    I'm shocked! Hillary - 96% Trump - 24%
  • RandomMember
    8 years ago
    Hillary - 97% (think this proves that I'm hardly to the left of center) Trump - 21% Terrific post, Anthony.
  • crazyjoe
    8 years ago
    The short bus wins again!
  • Subraman
    8 years ago
    I was guessing I'd score closest to Gary Johnson, and I did, 87%. What's weird is, I also scored Trump, Stein, and Hillary, 75%, 74%, and 73% respectively. I probably should have weighted my various issues, since some are much more important to me than others. I agree with the assertion that Hillary is slightly left of center -- not looney left, like Bernie -- and domestic-policy-wise, my biggest disagreements with her are immigration and guns. Although unfortunately, those are high priority issues for me. I think she'll make a fine president, even if she ends up on the wrong side of my favorite issues, and I end up ranting about her for 4 years. I would have voted for pretty much any Republic over her, except for Trump, who I think is downright dangerous for the country. I find myself in the somewhat ridiculous position of agreeing with the Democratic nominee on some economic issues, like the Asia free trade pact, rather than the Republican. I'm having a little cognitive dissonance over it
  • flagooner
    8 years ago
    While I think Trump is an ass, I do agree with a lot of his positions so I assumed I would align most closely with him. Correct. Trump 91 Castle 72 Johnson 64 Clinton 4 Stein 0
  • NinaBambina
    8 years ago
    Clinton 97% - on social, healthcare, economic, environmental, criminal, immigration, domestic policy, education, and foreign policy issues. compare answers Stein 95% - on social, healthcare, environmental, domestic policy, immigration, criminal, economic, foreign policy, education, and science issues. Johnson - 80% - on social, domestic policy, healthcare, criminal, and science issues. Trump - 25% (gross), only on electoral issues.
  • NinaBambina
    8 years ago
    (Ignore the 'comapre answers,' that's from copy and paste.
  • Dominic77
    8 years ago
    My Trump rating a sort of understand. I'm trying to understand HOW I scored so high with Jill Stein. The more I read about her the less I'm impressed. She seems like an idiot in the same manner as Ben Carson. It's like all the presidential candidates really suck this cycle. :(
  • Subraman
    8 years ago
    Dominic -- same with me, around Jill Stein. That said, I imagine I have some social issues in common with her -- abortion, gay rights, the public role of religion, and some (but not all) environmental issues, for example. Beyond that, I think we're miles apart on foreign policy, the economy, immigration. I don't remember what the "science" questions were, but I can imagine being a little closer to the left on that, too, to the extent that the right wants to legislate science based on fairy tales and abortion issues.
  • Dominic77
    8 years ago
    Thanks, Subraman. I first I was like, great! Some alternative to Hillary or Bernie. Then I start to see the pseudo-science and some of the rest of her platform. Like you I don't want social policy or science dictated by fairy tales or abortion issues. I am also not keen on her stance on no nuclear. I know the nuc plants have their troubles, but c'mon.
  • gammanu95
    8 years ago
    The greens and the libertarians have popped up a couple of times this election cycle, but I haven't heard of the Constitution party until I matches up with them second after Trump.
  • Hugh_G_Rection
    8 years ago
    I'm aligned with Jill Stein 98%, Hillary Clinton 93% for what it is worth (and yes, I think I got screwed over by the banks in the Mortgage Crisis worse then I've ever been screwed over by the Federal Government)
  • flagooner
    8 years ago
    @gammanu Looks like our political views are pretty similar.
  • gammanu95
    8 years ago
    And definitely in the minority
  • gammanu95
    8 years ago
    Trump 89% Immigration, social, domestic, & foreign policy, educational, healthcare, electoral, criminal justice issues Castle 80% Immigration, social, healthcare, electoral, education Johnson 72% Economic, domestic policy, science, healthcare, education Stein 27% Science and environmental issues Clinton 19% Environmental issues That sounds about right, except I'm surprised I correlated high as I did with the Hildebeast
  • umissedaspot
    8 years ago
    Stein, then Clinton, then Johnson, with Trump about as low as the cents on the dollar that loser pays his contractors.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion