tuscl

My confession on world listening day.

Monday, July 18, 2016 9:23 AM
Today is world listening day and here I am confessing. About a month ago I started rehab to battle my love for alcohol. I really do mean love. working in a club environment its so easy to say buy me a drink or to make it look like its a coping mechanism. ITS NOT!!! I drink because I really do love the taste and feeling. Sure it helped as a young dancer to lose inhibitions and it def helped when talking to people. But now its just a problem because I enjoy it, I can get smashed and get naked and have a great time without even thinking or better yet knowing what I did the next day. I can assure you (and some will argue) if your working in adult entertainment your either have or will have a problem with some substance. its a pitfall or adult entertainment. we are told from early on that nudity is bad and don't pull up your dress and then boom we are on stage and told we will be showing off either top half or all of our selves. its against nature to do that and a lot (all) turn to something to numb us. Im not saying some of us had problems prior to dancing but what I am saying is dancing doesn't help. So here I am with a check off list and I can proudly say I checked this one off the list. Making the declaration that you have a problem. I am an alcoholic and I am recovering and making it no secret that I am. I drink for many reasons but drinking will no longer define who I am or what I do. Geez that is cheesy but actually felt good to say. Thanks for listenting :)

15 comments

• rockstar666
    8 years ago
    In music, alcohol has ruined more careers than all the other drugs combined. I can see how the number one addiction is for dancers is alcohol as well. Once alcohol starts affecting your work, relationships and health, it's time at address the issue. Good luck with your struggles and I hope you stick with whatever program you're on!!
  • poledancer83
    8 years ago
    Thank you and it def has in respect to music. Its so easy for people to get hooked and dancing is a prime location for excuse drinking. thanks
  • jackslash
    8 years ago
    Good luck. It's hard a hard road to sobriety, but you'll be better off for it.
  • Dominic77
    8 years ago
    Good luck and I hope it works out for you. I really mean that. I've seen my fair share of lives ruined by alcohol. I am glad to read you will not be one of those. I wish good things for you.
  • JohnSmith69
    8 years ago
    Best of luck to you PD. I have seen what alcohol did to my DS and it wasn't pretty. She's much Better now though since she stopped striping. It's hard not to drink when you have men buying you drinks all night.
  • shailynn
    8 years ago
    Alcohol and prescription medication, the two drugs that are legal. Difference? Anyone over 21 can buy alcohol.
  • eyeamlong
    8 years ago
    @Poledancer83.... Let me lay a paragraph, from my personal anthem Earth Wind & Fire .... That's The Way Of The World... We come together on this special day Sing our message loud and clear Looking back, we've touched on sorrowful days Future pass, they disappear You will find peace of mind If you look way down in your heart and soul Don't hesitate cause the world seem cold Stay young at heart , cause you're never never old. ^Once you get it... Don't let the world change your mind....
  • shadowcat
    8 years ago
    Tell Bill to go fuck himself. They only way you can beat it is with your own will power. Good luck.
  • ATACdawg
    8 years ago
    You go, poledancer! Best wishes on your recovery. We all hope you won't have to stop dancing, but know that this PL at least will gladly cheer you on if you do.
  • RTP
    8 years ago
    Good Luck PoleDancer. I hope you win this battle.
  • poledancer83
    8 years ago
    thank you all!
  • rh48hr
    8 years ago
    Good luck PD. Godspeed in your recovery. I know this is a battle, but I have every confidence you'll best it.
  • vincemichaels
    8 years ago
    It's tough road to go down, poledancer83. I tended bar and I saw the problem firsthand. Good luck and continue to seek help as neede.
  • carolynne
    8 years ago
    I'm far more concerned about my addiction to sex than alcohol.
  • georgmicrodong
    8 years ago
    Good luck, PD. As one with more than a few family members in the same boat as you, I'm firmly in your corner. Take care.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion