tuscl

OT: Desert Island Album

ime
Fuck Joe Biden
Scenario is you are stuck on a desert island, you can pick one record, it can't be a greatest hits or anything like that what do you pick.

I will go first Shock Troops by Cock Sparrer it is in my opinion a perfect album every song is excellent, a true masterwork that lays the foundation for future oi/punk albums to come.

This isn't suppose to be an easy choice just go with the one you would pick now.

25 comments

• vincemichaels
    8 years ago
    Meddle by Pink Floyd, an album with the guitar work of David Gilmour explored psychedelic rock as we tripped on psychedelics in our hippie era.
  • ime
    8 years ago
    cool this is also a great thread to get ideas of albums to check out new stuff. psychedelic rock may not be my bag but I love new stuff to check out.
  • mikeya02
    8 years ago
    ^^^ Good choice. Is there weed on this island?
  • motorhead
    8 years ago

Led Zeppelin IV

Kind of an obvious, cliche pick, but I'm the one stuck alone on the island
  • vincemichaels
    8 years ago
    JohnSmith69 is cultivating some awesome gonja on the west side of the island, mikey02.
  • ime
    8 years ago
    Look this is a desert island but it has all the booze,weed, other drugs you could want, not to mention women. Keep the albums flowing. Someone bring some Black Sabbath to island too, it;s kind of amazing how much ground they broke. This is coming from a guy who thinks the Ramones are gods so lets do this.
  • mikeya02
    8 years ago
    The Yes Album
    2112-Rush
  • GoVikings
    8 years ago
    Purple Rain by Prince
  • ATACdawg
    8 years ago
    Probably, I'd go for Simon & Garfunkel's Bridge Over Troubled Water
  • seaboardrr
    8 years ago
    Faith Nation - Subtle Violence

Literally 25 years later I can still listen to this from start to finish and start again it is that good. Local Jax band I lucked into seeing at the Landing in downtown Jax one night and was blown away. AFAIK it's the only album they made and the guys then changed their sound to bluesy soul/southern rock and changed their name to Mofro if anyone has ever heard of them. They're still around putting out albums but Mofro just isn't my kind of music.

Faith Nation OTOH was a kick ass band
  • Dominic77
    8 years ago
    Rite of Spring, by igor Stravinsky, played by The Cleveland Orchestra, conducted by Pierre Boulez. SACD or vinyl record.

runner up: Stravinsky's Firebird Suite.

I mean, if that's literally the only record I can have. That's the one I want to keep. I'm also bringing my turntable. I have this one --> http://www.michell-engineering.co.uk/tur…
  • ime
    8 years ago
    vinyl is where it's at, that has the real sound
  • seaboardrr
    8 years ago
    I just want to know who gets stuck peddling the professor's bicycle to power the turntable.....
  • IfIGottaBeDamned
    8 years ago
    It is either Bat Out Of Hell or Born to Run for me.
  • ime
    8 years ago
    seaboardrr you are alone no getting off the island, your penalty for getting off track is mrs. seaboardrr is with me on the island now. Don't worry I will be a gentleman
  • Dominic77
    8 years ago
    I guess we do it old country (Italy) and just play ukulele or concertina in the evenings with family, lol! We don't need no electricity!
  • seaboardrr
    8 years ago
    "seaboardrr you are alone no getting off the island, your penalty for getting off track is mrs. seaboardrr is with me on the island now. Don't worry I will be a gentleman"

huh?
  • motorhead
    8 years ago

"It is either Bat Out Of Hell or Born to Run for me"

Great choices. "Born to Run" was a close second choice for me.
  • twentyfive
    8 years ago
    I might go with Bob Seeger's "Mainstreet" album or possibly The Rolling Stones "Sticky Fingers"
  • TheeOSU
    8 years ago
    I came back to this thread after racking my brain and not being able to decide on one so i'll just say there's some good choices above. Alright, for another option maybe something like the best of U2.
  • GoVikings
    8 years ago
    25....funny you mention that Stingy Fingers album....that's what I've been listening to the past few days
  • 4got2wipe
    8 years ago
    Probably Radiohead "OK Computer"

Or maybe the eponymous album by Blur

Both are pretty brilliant, though I think OK Computer is a bit stronger.
  • 4got2wipe
    8 years ago
    I'd miss early Oasis and a case could be made for "Definitely Maybe" but I doubt I'd go for that over Radiohead or Blur

If only one of those albums had a song about how ace dachshunds are! ;)
  • DoctorPhil.
    8 years ago
    only @GoVikings has the taste to pick something by the greatest musical geneious in history: my buddy prince

you people do know that prince and i had a three way with kim bassetter, dont you? but there was no crossing swords. neither prince nor i are damn faggots
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion