tuscl

Uber and Strippers Have Something in Common

jackslash
Detroit strip clubs
This is a very intelligent article about Uber drivers and strippers being independent contractors or employees.

http://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2…

5 comments

• ppwh
    8 years ago
    The test of having set requirements for Uber drivers and dance coaching for dancers sounds pretty pointless. If I hire someone to paint a room in my house, I expect to specify the color of the paint, that it's zero-VOC and for him to not come in when I have an orgy planned. I would hope that wouldn't make him my W-2 employee.
  • shailynn
    8 years ago
    It's an interesting debate. On one hand, why are strippers paid a basic minimum wage like a waitress at a restaurant who mainly relies on tips. On the other hand, a stripper could get one tip from one customer which is much greater than wait that waitress made on her entire 8 hour shift.

I see this backfiring on most strippers who didn't know how good they had it before. Name any other legal job where you can easily hide that much of your earnings from the IRS. I sure would like to be paid in cash before the government gets their hands on it!
  • Corvus
    8 years ago
    I met a stripper a couple of weeks ago who told me she also drives for Uber occasionally.

Said she had as many propositions as a driver as a dancer.
  • TravelingGolfer
    8 years ago
    That's crazy.
  • motorhead
    8 years ago
    Something in common?

You can ride them?
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion