tuscl

How Did We Not Discuss the Gorilla?

motorhead
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Tuesday, May 31, 2016 4:54 PM
He was one big ass mofo. Did you see how big he was compared to the kid?

33 comments

• rockstar666
    8 years ago
    The video most people saw was edited; there is a section when the gorilla was 'bouncing' him over concrete. To the people who think this was a bad decision to kill it, I ask: since when is a gorilla worth more than a human 4 year old? That being said, who designs a pen so badly that a 4 year old can get in? And what were the parents doing that they didn't know where the 4 year old was????
  • lopaw
    8 years ago
    "is a gorilla worth more than a human 4 year old?" Honestly? That depends. Poor gorilla.
  • DoctorPhil.
    8 years ago
    lopaw is right. what if the kid was destined to become a damn internet troll like @mikey? then i will cheer on the gorilla. internet trolls are the worst. i try to kick internet troll ass as often as i can
  • rockstar666
    8 years ago
    SJGa No I don't; I admit I heard that on a sports radio program! LOL But my point remains. The kid could have been killed in an instant even if the gorilla wasn't being intentionally violent. DrPhil. is ignoring the possibility that the gorilla was the beginning of some Planet Of The Gorillas scenario....
  • ime
    8 years ago
    the kid was in water that was basically a shallow concrete pool. It sucks they had to shoot him but if they tranquilized him it could have scared the gorilla who then might have grabbed the kid or squeezed him and killed or crushed him by accident.
  • chessmaster
    8 years ago
    The parents deserve most of the blame. How the hell do you lose track of your 4 y.o. at the the zoo?
  • sharkhunter
    8 years ago
    I was waiting for Phil the Gorilla to pop up on here before I mentioned anything. No sign of him yet.
  • sharkhunter
    8 years ago
    I'm surprised the zoo didn't have a taller fence with a hazardous animal on the inside. Instead they had some 3 or 4 foot scenic fence that any determined kid could climb over.
  • JuiceBox69
    8 years ago
    Are we talking about strippers pimps ?
  • shailynn
    8 years ago
    Rick the Gorilla? Many people may not remember this one, which was a long time ago: [view link] A child fell over the wall and took a big drop hitting concrete. A female gorilla protected the boy from other gorillas inside the habitat. They didn't shoot that gorilla. Fast forward to this past week: All I have heard is the gorilla started to bounce the child off the concrete and left them no choice. It's been said tranquilers would have taken too long to subdue the gorilla. Still not a verdict out on this, was it a trigger happy police officer or a life or death situation for the child? I think the world ends when we choose an animal over a human. Yes it's horrible that the gorilla was shot and subsequently died, but what if it was a trainer/care taker and the gorilla flipped on them? What if the gorilla escaped the pen and hurt a child that was just standing where he was in no danger? What if it was your kid? When I am driving down an interstate going 70MPH (the speed limit) and a deer jumps out in front of me, should I hit the deer or swing my car into the median wall likely killing myself instantly leaving the deer unharmed?
  • jester214
    8 years ago
    No win situation for the zoo. They chose to do it the American Way: the option that keeps them from getting sued.
  • Corvus
    8 years ago
    Why was the damn gorilla in captivity anyway? It should have still been in a jungle in Africa, not in a cage for people to gawk at for years. Never been a fan of zoos.
  • jestrite50
    8 years ago
    Save the Gorilla shoot the parents !
  • jackslash
    8 years ago
    Why do we have a culture of blame? We blame the parents, blame the zoo, blame the kid, blame the gorilla. Bad things happen and no one is necessarily to blame.
  • CaraLynn87
    8 years ago
    lopaw is correct. i can think of a lot of "humans" that i'd rid this planet of before the gorilla.
  • CaraLynn87
    8 years ago
    shailynn, you said "A female gorilla protected the boy from other gorillas inside the habitat." operative word, "female". i heard some expert mention that case and also the differences between a female and male gorilla, especially a silverback. he talked about nurturing and male aggressiveness. sort of fucks up your theory.
  • JohnSmith69
    8 years ago
    People are too desperate these days for a cause to get upset about, and the gorilla is just the latest internet fueled cause. Jack is right, bad shit happens, now get over it and move on with life. I'm much more concerned with whether or not DS III is suicidal.
  • shailynn
    8 years ago
    "shailynn, you said "A female gorilla protected the boy from other gorillas inside the habitat." operative word, "female". i heard some expert mention that case and also the differences between a female and male gorilla, especially a silverback. he talked about nurturing and male aggressiveness. sort of fucks up your theory." CaraLynn - how is my theory fucked up? My point was, a gorilla essentially "rescued" a boy in one situation and in this most recent situation the gorilla acted aggressively towards the boy. I didn't have any "theory" on how to handle the gorilla. I just think it's bullshit when someone says "wait let the boy die and save the gorilla," which is essentially what some of these protesters are saying.
  • CaraLynn87
    8 years ago
    you compared the two and an expert says they are not the same being male vs female. your implication was that they should have let it play out. expert said no. therefore your theory, wrong.
  • CaraLynn87
    8 years ago
    why do assholes here have to treat tragedies as a joke?
  • deogol
    8 years ago
    CaraLynn87: why do assholes here have to treat tragedies as a joke? Agreed. That said, making things a joke is a well known coping mechanism.
  • CaraLynn87
    8 years ago
    deogol, that is true, it is a coping mechanism, but for those involved, not tuscl asswipes.
  • motorhead
    8 years ago
    It's sad that an animal that's on the critically endangered species list had to be put down - but let's keep our priorities straight. Where's the outrage,..where's the Facebook frenzy for the lives that were lost in Chicago over the Memorial Day weekend? At least 6 dead and 63 wounded. Humans not animals. Where's the Facebook page on this? Not a fucking peep about it.
  • CaraLynn87
    8 years ago
    motorhead, seems black lives don't matter if black on black
  • larryfisherman
    8 years ago
    I don't what the fuck is going on in Chicago, I definitely won't be visiting there.
  • jester214
    8 years ago
    Last time I was in Chicago I couldn't walk a block down Michigan Avenue without seeing 6 cops. They need to move some of those to the South Side.
  • rockstar666
    8 years ago
    Chicago is like any other big city: Some places are safe and some less safe.
  • PontiacGuy
    8 years ago
    Blame the parents. I would have jumped into the pit immediately after my kid and tossed him back on the safe side of the cage. The gorilla would have killed me but my kid would have been safe. If the gorilla wouldn't have killed me I would have some fun strip-club stories of how I took on a silverback!
  • jester214
    8 years ago
    Eh Rockstar, I get your point but I think Chicago's less safe parts are a lot less safe than most other big cities.
  • rockstar666
    8 years ago
    jester: This is true; we have far too many guns coming in from IN. Chicago has more shootings than Syria...
  • CaraLynn87
    8 years ago
    rockstar666, you said "we have far too many guns coming in from IN". shouldn't that read we have far too many ILLEGAL guns coming in from IN?
  • TheeOSU
    8 years ago
    "we have far too many guns coming in from IN. Chicago has more shootings than Syria..." What we really have is far too many liberal nutjobs who blame an inanimate object as opposed to the user of that object. Those guns didn't just load themselves run out into the street and start shooting people on their own. Their triggers were pulled by irresponsible people who get coddled by the libs who make excuses for everything they do!
  • mikeya02
    8 years ago
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion