tuscl

What are they compensating for?

motorhead
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
I don't know if this is common everywhere, but out here in the rural suburbs of the Midwest, young men have taken to driving these huge diesel trucks. The louder they are, the more exhaust smoke they emit, the faster they are seems to be goal.

What shortcomings are these guys trying to compensate for.?

I drive a Mini Cooper

28 comments

• s88
    8 years ago
    You need to be heard before you are seen/turn the corner. Whores want their pussy wet from the loudness of your car from the sidewalk.
  • Bavarian
    8 years ago
    I don't think they are compensating for anything.
    Trucks are a big deal in Texas. They look really bad ass lifted and with rugged tires.

It probably drops more panties than a sports car
  • Imamutt
    8 years ago
    YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Imamutt
    8 years ago
    Actually, the motor home is the best cruiser. Full bar, bed, shower, shitter, sound system...
  • shadowcat
    8 years ago
    Brains.
  • DoctorPhil.
    8 years ago
    that is easy they are compensating for the simple fact that their lives arent worth living. my life, in contrast, is worth living. im the most interesting man in the world

have any of you fucked kim bassetter? i dont think so. have any of you hung out with mickey jagger and keef richard? i dont think so. have any of you watched sally ryder eat space lesbian box while shotgunning pabs blue ribbon? i dont think so

i win
  • ididthisonce
    8 years ago
    They think trucks are chick magnets?
  • mikeya02
    8 years ago
    This is what Dr.PhilDOT drives around. Definitely over compensating

https://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/xi0kRYl…
  • Cashman1234
    8 years ago
    If dr Phil drives a weeener mobile - then he has my complete respect. Lol!

I wonder if he parks that sausage in the rear...
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    It’s probably to draw attention just like there are young people that have unnecessarily loud sound systems in their car that can be heard blocks away and make the car shake from the bass – and also I see young people put EXTREMELY loud after-market mufflers often in small Japanese cars that make so much noise it can rupture and ear-drum – all probably for “hey look at me”.
  • twentyfive
    8 years ago
    Hey Mikeya I think Dr.philDOT lives in back of the Oscar Meyer Weiner factory I've seen that vehicle parked in the alley in back of the plant I always wondered what they were doing in there but the windows are covered with mustard , HMMM
  • jackslash
    8 years ago
  • jester214
    8 years ago
    Draw attention but they can pretend they have it for utilitarian purposes.
  • Mate27
    8 years ago
    It only makes sense to have a diesel truck when you need to haul stuff around as that is how many make their living in rural areas. It's not like they have to get in their Prius and go the office every Monday-Friday or run to Starbucks fagging out on each other. Plus diesels last much longer and likely will last 500k- 1 million miles if properly taken care of. City folks are mostly pussies. The one exception I have are the ones with lifted trucks. Those guys are seriously compensating, but not if you have a regular truck for useful purposes.
  • Mistah_Fetti_Morbuxxx
    8 years ago
    Meat is exactly right. Down here in the south, especially in the country and rural areas, diesel trucks are often used to haul equipment and tools since many of them do manual labor in order to provide for families. As far as the lifted truck, they are mainly for those young redneck types that like to go mud bogging.
  • san_jose_guy
    8 years ago
    Mini Coopers are cool, so are Mazda Miata's, Fiat 500's, and Smart Cars.

People like the big vehicles and the cars with lots of engine power and lots of rubber, because they are more wasteful.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Theory…
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conspicuou…

SJG
  • JuiceBox69
    8 years ago
    We have guys like that all over Asheville
  • Timex345
    8 years ago
    There are two to three trucks like that in the parking lot where I work.
  • DandyDan
    8 years ago
    The right pickup truck is a chick magnet, or so my cousins who grew up on a farm who are still single say. Frankly I don't get it.
  • jackslash
    8 years ago
    This is what I have found to be true:

https://cdn.meme.am/instances/400x/54665…
  • JuiceBox69
    8 years ago
    We call the Red Necks
  • skibum609
    8 years ago
    I wouldn't buy a truck, but I understand why people do. I wouldn't buy a prius or a mini cooper and I have no idea why anyone would.
  • motorhead
    8 years ago
    I don't really have a Mini Copper. It was a joke. I drive a Lexus
  • TheeOSU
    8 years ago
    "I drive a Mini Cooper"

Too late, I have you beat, I own a baker's dozen of smart cars!
  • san_jose_guy
    8 years ago
    The biggest!
    http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=kodi…

They don't make these anymore. I think it is still only 19,500 lbs gross. And it has to be a third party bed, as I believe it still has to be under 6,200 curb weight with the bed off, to be classified as light truck. So I believe it is still only a class C license required.

Bed is considered part of the load.

I think it is still the same weights as Ford 550 or Dodge 5500.

But this GM version of the past had a wider cab and wider front track.

SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    8 years ago
    Pickup trucks are supposed to be a general purpose type vehicle. So it is right that they not be too big. If you want to handle larger or heavier loads, there are more specialized vehicle types available.

That Kodiak by Monroe was clearly a cartoon vehicle. Best that it is not being made any more.

The one ton doubles are quite big enough, to be the largest non-chassis cab offered by the manufacturers.

SJG
  • Tiredtraveler
    8 years ago
    the big tired trucks are the jacked up 'street rods' of the 50's, 60's, and 70's. Since many smaller off the lot cars are quite fast and the reckless driving and speeding ticket are so expensive this is the route many have chosen. Not to mention the fact that building an off the lot car up into a true street rod now a days if incredibly expensive with the electronic updates and components you must buy to be successful. Truck engine chip upgrades are relatively cheap.
    Auto upgrades require special many times street illegal systems that must be purchased, installed and tuned by specialized suppliers. Gone are the days of just slapping heads and a bigger carb on your street rod to get improved performance.
    Anyone with basic knowledge and tools can put a suspension lift on a pickup and big tires and a chip upgrade is easy.
  • chessmaster
    8 years ago
    I agree with jackslash.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion