tuscl

Something going down at Follies

goldmongerATL
The Square Above Charlie Weaver
Sunday, May 8, 2016 10:35 AM
Follies is normally open well before 1 to let people getsettled and get a drink. Dancing starts at 1. Got there at 1 sharp. About ten guys in line to get in. WTF?? They were not open but the staff was there. Dancers started arriving but PLs not allowed in. Went to sit in my car with A/C and watched. Started to notice a few dancers leaving. Also noticed wgat might have been an unmarked car out back. Drive away at 1:25. Now 20 guys waiting. Up the road passed 3 marked police cars sitting in Parking lot

23 comments

• Corvus
    8 years ago
    Sounds like Leo has been reading TUSCL and decided to have some Mother's Day excitement.
  • shailynn
    8 years ago
    Oh damn, with the godfather of Follies temporarily out of commission I hope a rival family isn't trying to screw things up!
  • chessmaster
    8 years ago
    It was only a matter of time before people got fed up. From everything I have heard about follies they are the only strip club BOLD enough to be blatant about their illegal activities with drugs and sex out in the open.
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    Maybe they were late on their payments to city hall.
  • ATACdawg
    8 years ago
    Maybe with SC out of commission they have to lay off half the staff????
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    I often wondered if the good times at Follies would last forever giving no other club in the city allows what they do - in the back of my mind one would think a competing club(s) would rat them out.
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    If there is something amiss w/ Follies better not tell shadow for now.
  • goldmongerATL
    8 years ago
    Another odd thing I forgot to mention was the valet guy is normally there at least to start setting up by 1pm. He was not there even at 1:25.
  • DroidX
    8 years ago
    I just messaged a dancer I know. I'll find out if she knows something.
  • goldmongerATL
    8 years ago
    Hopefully nothing permanent is going on. I was not in a position to go back later and check.
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    Maybe it has something with it being Mothers Day & they deciding not to open or only open at night? But one would think the dancers would have known ahead of time?
  • GoVikings
    8 years ago
    This is bad news. I'm gonna be in ATL in a couple weeks and I was planning on making a visit....hopefully things are the same by the time I get there
  • PastaWithLink
    8 years ago
    Give it a rest on Mother's Day, dudes. Set aside some funds for another holiday.
  • twentyfive
    8 years ago
    Maybe they all went down to visit Shadow I bet he'd enjoy that.
  • DroidX
    8 years ago
    I heard from one dancer, and she wasn't aware of anything going on.
  • chandler
    8 years ago
    I just phoned the club and solved the mystery in about one minute. They're open. Business as usual. Probably a manager overslept. That's caused them to open late before. (Sorry to spoil the doom n gloom party.)
  • goldmongerATL
    8 years ago
    Whew. Thanks!
  • GoVikings
    8 years ago
    Oooooooooo what a relief it is!
  • JohnSmith69
    8 years ago
    I usually go in around 12:30. Always been open. I think sc usually arrives before noon. Still it doesn't sound like a typical raid of any type. Look forward to more news as I may be there soon.
  • georgmicrodong
    8 years ago
    Why would the club tell the truth if there'd been a raid of some kind? After all, they'd probably think it would scare people away. And they'd probably be right. :) Hey, just because I'm paranoid, doesn't mean they're *not* out to get me.
  • Timbuck12
    8 years ago
    Hopefully Chandler is right. But remember, Shooters Alley just up the road recently got shut down for some sort of liquor license violation. Word is that when they re-open it will be a no-alcohol-no-nudity pasties bar. Let's hope it's all just a coincidence---I'm sure a tuscl'er will be dropping by Follies at some point today and can give us a report.
  • Duke69
    8 years ago
    Repent for the kingdom of God is at hand
  • liljimmy
    8 years ago
    We need to be careful about doom and gloom speculation on Follies for the time being. SC might flatline if he sees the wrong headline.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion