tuscl

Heart of Gold?

When I was just a boy, my mother told me more than once that prostitutes have hearts of gold. I expect this may have come from the fact that when she was growing up Grandpa owned a bar among other businesses, and he was a notorious womanizer and whore-monger. Perhaps as a child she was well treated by the women her dad associated with, and was left with a good impression. But is this old saw true?

9 comments

• georgmicrodong
    8 years ago
    IME, it's no more or less true than it is for the rest of the population. IMO, people don't expect it from "dirty whores" so it's occurrence is treated as if it were some sort of miracle.
  • Cashman1234
    8 years ago
    It could have been true in the case of the whores that patronized your grandfathers bar. Depending on the time - either years ago - or a really long time ago - things could have been very different - and the whores may have treated her well.
  • JohnSmith69
    8 years ago
    I've been to Hollywood
    I've been to Redwood
    I crossed the ocean
    for a heart of gold
    I've been in my mind,
    it's such a fine line
    That keeps me searching
    for a heart of gold
    And I'm getting old
    Keeps me searching
    for a heart of gold
  • Imamutt
    8 years ago
    Neil Young. Great songwriter, lousy singer!
  • rockstar666
    8 years ago
    I like Neil Young too and his voice really fits his songs.

I've never met a sex worker with a heat of gold. Some are worse than others, but they live in a different universe and their deity is money, which they acquire by both honest transactions and dishonest manipulation. Sort of like a Wall Street banker I suppose.
  • londonguy
    8 years ago
    ^^ I'd like you to meet some that I have met rockstar, I've met a number, admittedly a small number, of female sex workers that do indeed have a heart of gold.

Yes, he is/was a great songwriter but whilst he was not a great singer his style matched his lyrics perfectly. I like his song 'Old Man' a lot.
  • vincemichaels
    8 years ago
    I once met a prostitute down in Florida. She did have a heart of gold. Hopefully, now she is out of that life.
  • motorhead
    8 years ago
    The prostitute with a heart of gold.

"Dammitt. I'm an independent contractor. That's what it says on my tax return"
  • FTS
    8 years ago
    Treat a whore like a lady...
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion