tuscl

Waitress screws up my change (again!)

JohnSmith69
layin low but staying high
Ever since the incident with Da Onion, I have been very careful to check what I'm being charged for food/drinks in clubs. I also check my change carefully. Last night I was particularly vigilant cause I was on day 2 of my no weed smoking experiment.

So last night I caught another discrepancy. The waitress brings me change back from breaking a couple of Benjamins and she gave me $60 too much in ones. That's right. They have me too much money.

I of course gave it back. But I decided to give it back to the dancers instead of the club. So over the next few minutes I went around to the various stages and handed out the extra stack of ones until the $60 was soon gone.

Was that rong?

20 comments

• twentyfive
    8 years ago
    Sort of because the waitress will be forced to make up the shortage out of her bank, unless this is the same waitress that shorted yo last week then its not rong it just karma.
  • seaboardrr
    8 years ago
    Yeah, I would've let her know and given it back. It's the clubs money and yes it's going back to the club in some form But, at the end of the day that still came out of somebody's register and they're going to be short at the end of the night and most likely have to cover it out of their pocket.
  • jackslash
    8 years ago
    Yeah, it was rong. As 25 said, the waitress is going to have to make up the $60.
  • JohnSmith69
    8 years ago
    Ok I'm sorry.

Does it matter that waitresses have probably overcharged me hundreds of dollars over the years. Or that my heart was in the right place? Or that they probably just short changed a couple of drunk guys to make up for it?

In the extraordinarily unlikely event it happens again I'll give it back to the waitress.
  • vincemichaels
    8 years ago
    Yes, John, it matters. I've had to be vigilant for years. I only drink one beer, usually. I've talked about the one waitress that knowingly overcharged me. I asked for the manager, I knew him, and explained the problem. He got the waitress to refund the overcharge and bought me a beer. I agree that the shortage probably was charged to the waitress. Clubs watch for this kind of thing.
  • rh48hr
    8 years ago
    Yeah you should have pointed out the mistake to the waitress. Sixty dollars is a significant amount of money out of a register. Hopefully she doesn't get fired over it.
  • NinaBambina
    8 years ago
    She probably won't get fired over it but I'm sure she had to pay it out of pocket at the end of the night. Definitely not cool to steal money, even passively.

• JohnSmith69
    8 years ago
    I said I'm sorry. I fucked up. Again. Just add it to the lengthy list of my strip club sins.
  • rockstar666
    8 years ago
    I can't see how a waitress can steal money from you more than once as she's now a known thief. If I were changing Benjamines, I would make it a point to her on how much I'm giving her, what I expect in return and count it in front of her. If there's still an issue, call over the manager.

As for the $60, I would have just returned it with a comment about how not EVERYONE is a thief, and perhaps she should try and lead a more honest lifestyle when it comes to customer money.
  • Cashman1234
    8 years ago
    It definitely hurts the waitress - and not the club. It is a bit bizarre that they aren't better at making change in clubs. Since they probably expect to see larger denomination bills - as they encourage spending large amounts of cash -
  • CaraLynn87
    8 years ago
    not sure what to say. i was going to say wrong, but seems many have a w key not working. or am i missing something?
  • beguiled
    8 years ago
    There just being idiots on porpoise. Who the fuck is cflock?
  • twentyfive
    8 years ago
    My key just stopped orking on my keyboard. hat should I do? I don't ant to do anything ong.
  • twentyfive
    8 years ago
    ^^^^rong dammit
  • MrDeuce
    8 years ago
    CaraLynn: This all started with rampant (in fact intentional) misspelling by a notorious TUSCL member named juicebox69 (and his dozens of aliases). Two of his favorites that have taken on a life of their own on this discussion board are "rong" and "band" (as in: He should be band from this board!).
  • twentyfive
    8 years ago
    ^^^^Except I think that it was Rech that actually misspelled those two words, Heck, Juice, or Cflock can correct me if I'm rong, but maybe we need to be band for intentionally inciting the grammar Nazis.
  • mrrock
    8 years ago
    Yes it was wrong because that will probably come out of the waitresses pocket.
  • CaraLynn87
    8 years ago
    now i find this funny. beguiled says "There just being idiots on porpoise." ok, i have to wonder if he/she was being an idiot on purpose or showing he/she to truly be one?
  • beguiled
    8 years ago
    I eat stripper ass like I'm The Human Centipede.
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    My penis tilts to the left and every time I toss one off it seems to always land on the damn ‘w’ key and it stays stuck for a while.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion