tuscl

Strip club rip off

JohnSmith69
layin low but staying high
This was a new one to me. I should pay more attention.

DaOnion and I order drinks and food. Waitress comes by and says what we owe. I'm prepared to pay but DO quickly reviews what we ordered, what each item cost, and tells her the total should be $10 less. She quickly and profusely apologized for the "mistake," which is of course bullshit. You could see the guilt in her eyes and hear it in her voice. She obviously figured we were too drunk/high or too focused on strippers to notice. And if it hadn't been for DO I probably wouldn't have noticed and just paid.

This was at Hi Liter. So those of you in Phoenix should check your bar tab before you pay it. But the more I think about it the more I suspect that this may be common. I will certainly be more careful in the future.

33 comments

• etsutwigg222
    8 years ago
    Sorry you got that treatment at HL, but it has become increasingly more common especially during the night. I had it happen early evening 6 weeks ago and called her on it. She did the same song and dance......like oops someone caught me this time. Sadly, it is starting to happen with dancers over counting as well.
  • georgmicrodong
    8 years ago
    It's fairly common. The waitresses at one local club will almost invariably inflate the price of drinks and dances if you ask them instead of the bartender. And if you *don't* ask, you'll only get as much change as they think you won't notice.
  • JuiceBox69
    8 years ago
    I've seen this before...I think it's due the waitress is working off tips and not making much. Thus the concept to scam drunk, high and or rich patrons that will not notice...I'm sure the getting caught to not is a positive EV play
  • crazyjoe
    8 years ago
    Make them fix it dammit! You did the right thing calling her out. The principal is bigger than the money
  • rogertex
    8 years ago
    more common at high-end, high-hustle clubs. Everyone is so desperate to make quick money and think customers are dumb ATM machines. It's a turnoff. I'm like DaOnion - I'll call it.

Low end clubs want to make money for a hard day's work - and are ready to work the next day. Seldom shortchanged at dives. A few times got money returned for overpaying. I'm going - "Keep it babe as a tip!"
  • DaOnion
    8 years ago
    Good warning JS. I've had this happen once before at another club, so I've started paying closer attention.
  • vincemichaels
    8 years ago
    I'll never forget this one big titted cunt that tried to overcharge me. I walked up to the bar and asked the bartender how much my beer was. He gave me the correct price, I asked him to get the manager. The manager shows up, we know each other, I tell him what happened. He tracks down the waitress, makes her refund the overcharge, and the manager comps me on my next beer. That was one of many reasons it was my favorite club. The overwhelming majority experience there was top notch.
  • JuiceBox69
    8 years ago
    I keep a eye on everything I spend I'm pretty Jewish with my cash

I've seen this scam in some form with the waitresses, bartenders, dancers and so on
  • JuiceBox69
    8 years ago
    I bought 2 drinks one time and paid with a $50 bill...I got change back as if I paid with a $20 bill I called it on the spot and got the rest of my cash
  • crazyjoe
    8 years ago
    Fuck dem bitches up
  • Estafador
    8 years ago
    good thing I don't drink at the club (of any kind). I think that may be the reason why I get a cold shoulder every time I buy a water.
  • shailynn
    8 years ago
    " I bought 2 drinks one time and paid with a $50 bill...I got change back as if I paid with a $20 bill I called it on the spot and got the rest of my cash"

I think you mean to say you paid with a roll of quarters and got the change back as if you paid with a roll of dimes.
  • Dominic77
    8 years ago
    I'm always on the lookout, like you. She should EARN tips instead of STEALING.
  • JuiceBox69
    8 years ago
    Lol shylynn
  • sharkhunter
    8 years ago
    I've been short changed by waitresses and I said so. I got The difference back but how many guys don't count their change? I hate that crap. If I was sure they did it on purpose, I would have made a bigger fuss about it. Waitresses missed out on ordering drinks and getting tips from me last night when I sat in the common area instead of a vip area. I didn't even care because I didn't have to order any drinks for dancers that way. You leave your spot for a few minutes though and your empty drink bottle is gone.
  • shailynn
    8 years ago
    ^^^^ Yeah and I hate that shit too. I'd don't mind cumming all over the curtains in the VIP room, but I don't like taking my drink into the restroom for sanitary reasons.
  • Lone_Wolf
    8 years ago
    One effective trick they have is if the cost of a drink is 8.25 and you give them a twenty, they count out the change of 11 dollars and conspicuously leave the three quarters on the tray without handing it to the PL. The PL, distracted by fine pussy, tips a buck or two which is really almost three bucks because the quarters are never grabbed. Not really a rip off but close.

I've had several experiences where the waitress tried to rip me off. This after I had been tipping well. Overall though, almost all the transactions go smoothly and the attempts at being ripped off are far less than I would have expected.
  • shadowcat
    8 years ago
    I recently paid for a $4.25 coke at a strip club with a $10 bill and the waitress asked me if I wanted change. I though that was outrageous but then the same thing happened to me at an IHOP. Let me do the tipping. Thanks.
  • rh48hr
    8 years ago
    JS - thinking back on things that night, she over charged you on your coke as well. Soft drinks have always been four dollars. I gave her a five so she would have a dollar tip. She never quoted me a price. When she quoted you for your soft drink she said the coke was five dollars. At the time I remember thinking did the price of drinks go up? Now that you say she tried to run a scam on your food, I'm pretty sure she ran a scam on your drink too. It's only a dollar, but it's the principal of the thing. Next time I'm there I'll make double check with management and/or bartender on the actual cost.

If I recall correctly, the waitress was blond, had glasses and pink panties. If anyone else goes to Hi-liter and has her as a server, be careful.
  • Lone_Wolf
    8 years ago
    Makes you wonder how much those waitresses pull down in a night.
  • JohnSmith69
    8 years ago
    This waitress was an older woman that kept hitting on DaOnion. It was really disgusting to watch this old woman trying to get sex from an younger guy. I think she had black hair and was kinda goth looking. Or she could've been a blond. Maybe DaOnion remembers.
  • JohnSmith69
    8 years ago
    This waitress was an older woman that kept hitting on DaOnion. It was really disgusting to watch this old woman trying to get sex from an younger guy. I think she had black hair and was kinda goth looking. Or she could've been a blond. Maybe DaOnion remembers.
  • rh48hr
    8 years ago
    Ok - I know who you're talking about. The blond with glasses was who took the drink order. They don't have a system on which section waitresses work. They all kinda of mill around. Which is interesting because there are times where I don't see or hear from a waitress for hours.
  • londonguy
    8 years ago
    Nice heads-up, nice of you to share.

Don't these fucking tossers make enough money fro overprice drinks? Jeez.
  • DaOnion
    8 years ago
    JS & rh48hr: The blonde with the glasses is who tried to rip us off. The older brunette who was flirting with me was honest.

rh48hr is right. She was charging $5 for soda and water when every other waitress charged $4. She charged us $27 for food and drink that should have cost $15. When I called her on it, she apologized, said it was only $17, and I gave her $21 including tip. I realized after she left that her "reduced price" was still overcharging us by a couple of dollars, but I let it go, because I didn't want it to ruin a fun night. I shouldn't have tipped her fairly generously though, since she was ripping us off. I wonder if the innocent librarian look with the glasses makes her look more honest, so it's easier for her to rip people off.
  • sinclair
    8 years ago
    This types of thing is common at strip clubs. I think alot of the staff at strip clubs view PL's as push-overs that will take the scamming like a bitch. They have an attitude like: "these pathetic losers are so desperate to be around women that they will not complain when I steal from them".

When I am asked if this is my first time at a club, I lie and say I have been there before. When I am asked where I am from, I lie and name a local town. If they think you have a history of going to that club or live close enough to be a frequent customer, they are less likely to start overcharging you versus a visitor who is doing a one night stand.
  • rh48hr
    8 years ago
    DaOnion - ok on the waitress. Asking JS to remember things other then getting his dick sucked by the blow job queen when he's high is probably asking a bit much :-)
  • DaOnion
    8 years ago
    Good advice Sinclair.

rh: ha ha. Yeah, JS has his priorities firmly in place and focuses on the more important things :)
  • rickdugan
    8 years ago
    Since I pay as I go and usually sit at the bar, my problems on this front are minimal. I almost always do a quick count of my change, which is pretty simple since I'm usually paying with nothing higher than 20s and, when I do use a 50 or 100, I count more carefully. Maybe once per year some bartender will short me or will "forget" to bring back my change and I never have a problem getting it when I call them over and point it out.

But of course this came about from lessons learned and once upon a time I played the roll of moron being bilked on a card too, more than once.
  • mrrock
    8 years ago
    I never get them to bring me my drink at HL! LOL
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    For the most-part I only spend on dances in a strip-club and since I’m not a drinker I never open a tab (seems opening a tab is an easy way to get shit added to one’s bill) – so I pretty-much pay as I go.

Where I did get sorta caught was about a year ago in South Beach eating at a TGI Fridays – South Beach of course gets many tourists and many of the tourists are not accustomed to tipping since that is not common in places like Europe since servers there get regular salaries and don’t work off of tips so AFAIK tipping is not done – thus in South Beach many of the establishments will automatically add the tip to the bill and many people end-up double-tipping not realizing the tip had already been added and I got caught once - there’s been a bit of hoopla about this and I think most of the establishments stopped doing-it but not sure.
  • DaOnion
    8 years ago
    In this situation at HiLiter, we did not have a tab. We were paying cash every time we ordered something and she still tried to rip us off.
  • Cashman1234
    8 years ago
    It sucks when that happens - but I'm guessing it happens more than most guys actually notice. Clubs are filled with distractions - and that makes it much easier to over charge - or under change - the customers.

This is the same thing as the discussion from last week - where a customer mentioned a plan for not paying for dances (by bringing a non working ATM card to a club - making an excuse to leave to get another card) - as its theft - and it's wrong! On the customer side - they don't usually have their own bouncer to enforce payment - so many times customers are out the cash.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion