tuscl

D.E.A. Employees Facing Trial Seek to Bar Lap-Dance Video

jackslash
Detroit strip clubs
DEA employees lied about owning a New Jersey strip club, which appears to be the nicest club in Jersey.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/13/nyregi…

9 comments

• JohnSmith69
    8 years ago
    I've read about that case before. The evidence is clearly of marginal relevance and highly prejudicial. It should therefore be excluded. Unless tusclers are on the jury. In that case, the video would be good for the defendants because it would make them forget about the real evidence against the defendants.
  • 4got2wipe
    8 years ago
    Do they LDK in the videos?

JohnSmith69 may be wrong about one thing. TUSCLers may judge the tapes as non-brilliant because they were just getting a lap dance and not getting crazy extras!
  • mrrock
    8 years ago
    Ooh ooh pick me!
  • CaraLynn87
    8 years ago
    seems clear cut. either they lied about their involvement or they didn't.
  • JohnSmith69
    8 years ago
    Nothing is clear cut in a trial. That's why we have lawyers.
  • DoctorPhil
    8 years ago
    "Nothing is clear cut in a trial."

so you lawyers and the judge don't have fixed percentage cuts of the bribes? i never knew that
  • ATACdawg
    8 years ago
    There is no simple issue that a lawyer can't obfuscate, usually so they can increase their billings.

Don't mind me. I'm just bitter about one of the lawyers involved in my parents' estate settlement.
  • CaraLynn87
    8 years ago
    seems only in the legal world are things not clear cut. even a stupid lawyer knows when they BS the jury.
  • georgmicrodong
    8 years ago
    I agree with John on this one. How does seeing that lap dancers were performed support the case against them. Either they owned the place, or they didn't. Owning the club in the first place is the illegal thing. Whether or not dances, or any illegal activity of any kind, took place there is neither indicative nor dismissive of that fact.

It's an attempt by the prosecutor to fix "bad things happened happened there; convicting these guys will stop the bad things" in the jurors' minds.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion