tuscl

NBA History Tonight? Warriors Vs Spurs

shailynn
They never tell you what you need to know.
Sunday, April 10, 2016 10:17 AM
If you didn't know, The Warriors are now 71-1 with 2 games left. If they win both, they will hold the best record in NBA Modern Schedule History. One minor issue tonight, they are visiting the Spurs who are also trying to make history, going the entire season undefeated on their home court. The Warriors have lost 33 in a row on the Spurs home court. 7PM EST NBA TV You'll see a lot more of these two battling it out in the play-offs.

33 comments

• motorhead
    8 years ago
    I think the 96 Bulls were better.
  • larryfisherman
    8 years ago
    Coach Pop said he's gonna play his starters, should be a interesting game.
  • jayhawk123
    8 years ago
    If they were really 71-1 I may say they are better than the Jordan Bulls...haha
  • NinaBambina
    8 years ago
    I've been following the Warriors. They have restored my faith in the NBA. I really hope they make history tonight (which would ensure that they at least tie the record). They're already only the 2nd team to reach 70+ wins. I think they can do it.
  • TheeOSU
    8 years ago
    I think i'll watch it, GO SPURS!!
  • TheeOSU
    8 years ago
    They're actually 71-9 BTW.
  • TheeOSU
    8 years ago
    And yes the old Bulls would beat them in a series.
  • Mistah_Fetti_Morbuxxx
    8 years ago
    I'm definitely tuning in tonight. As much as I liked the Bulls back in the 90's, I do want the Warriors to beat the record.
  • shailynn
    8 years ago
    71-1 - sorry for the typo!!!!! I'm rooting for the Spurs - to me they're one of the last remnants of old school NBA, although I do like and respect the Splash Brothers.
  • JackFrost9
    8 years ago
    94-95-96 bulls #'M23
  • DoctorPhil
    8 years ago
    @shailynn hey you know what would be cool? if you would take san_jose_guy to a game. he said he really wants to see his first hockey game. i’d bet he would be thrilled to be there in person when Trevor Story kicks another goal for 5 games in a row. it would be good karma for you. you know, after his dad running out on him and all that mess. what do you say? come on - they sell beer there
  • NinaBambina
    8 years ago
    While I respect their work ethic and chemistry, I have a personal vendetta against the Spurs that dates back to 2005 (Spurs vs Pistons finals), and I absolutely despise Manu and Tony. I can't dislike Tim Duncan though. I was rooting so hard for the Warriors last year against the Cavs (as I do for any team that's matched up against Lebron, whom I have nothing but contempt for). But the Warriors are magical. Records are meant to be broken. I really, really want to see it happen. Spurs have a crazy home streak... Then again, the Warriors were "untouchable" at home not too long ago. I'm excited. Go Warriors!
  • motorhead
    8 years ago
    Nina, I share your dislike of the Cavs and Spurs. So I will root for the Warriors when they match up with either of those in the playoffs.
  • jester214
    8 years ago
    This has actually gotten me to watch a little NBA basketball this year. I thought for a second they were going to blow it last night but they pulled it out.
  • mjx01
    8 years ago
    Rooting for Spurs to prevent 73. (90's Bulls fan here.) However, the Warriors have been a real breath of fresh air in the NBA. They seem like a group of players you can feel good about rooting for. Steph seems like a decent person, unlike some of the other 'stars' in the league.
  • larryfisherman
    8 years ago
    Warriors looking like they're going to win.
  • NinaBambina
    8 years ago
    They just tied with the Bulls with one game remaining in the season. :)
  • chessmaster
    8 years ago
    Fuck them. Jordan woulda destroyed their entire defense.
  • NinaBambina
    8 years ago
    Speaking of Jordan, I had the best seats in the palace during Jordan's last gig in Detroit... His last year, back when he played for the Wizards, the last time the Wizards came to Detroit that season. First row on the court exactly in the middle. I can't think of a better spot. There were times they were inbounding the ball where I could've reached out and touched his ass... I was really young back then. My mom still looked hot, he kept looking at her. Haha. But Jordan and the Bulls had a good 20(ish) years to enjoy their record. Now they share it, and might even have to pass the torch this week. We'll see.
  • NinaBambina
    8 years ago
    As far as those who say "well the Bulls would have crushed the Warriors if they had played!" well guess what, there's a two decade time difference and the teams will never play each other. Nor did Wilt Chamberlain, who dominated his era, play Michael Jordan (Wilt still has the record of 100 pts in a game, and don't quote me on this but I'm pretty sure his domination of the game led to several NBA rule changes?). Basketball had evolved between and during their eras. If you dominate your era, you are going to be remembered as one of the greatest. The Warriors are right up there with the Bulls as it currently stands, and comparing them just to trivialize the Warriors' success is simply bitter IMO. The Warriors are also playing in an era with perceived GOATS (Lebron, Kobe), and a Spurs team that has won several championships and has a 19 year playoff streak. Warriors are 2-0 against the Cavs this season and 3-1 against the Spurs. I'm also pretty sure the expansion teams of Toronto Raptors and Vancouver Grizzlies (now in Memphis) happened right around the same year the Bulls went for 72-10, which would allow for a few very "easy" wins. Both teams are historic.
  • NinaBambina
    8 years ago
    ***When I say "right up there with the Bulls as it currently stands," I am referring to the regular season record... I realize they have to win quite a few more championships to reach the Bulls level of era domination.
  • chessmaster
    8 years ago
    Even if they break the record it means nothing unless they win the championship. If they break the record and don't win the championship, they'll only be remembered until another team breaks the record. If they win the championship it's forever.
  • NinaBambina
    8 years ago
    Chessmaster, absolutely. Steve Kerr as well as the players have obsviously said their main goal is another championship, but it would be great to break a huge record, too. The Warriors are clearly favored to win the championship and I'm not even being bias here; they will have home court advantage in every series, have a very favorable home winning percentage, and have had no problem with San Antonio at home this year. The Cavs didn't prove to be much of an issue so if they prevail from the east I will just be happy to see Lebron get another loss. Honestly, I view OKC as their biggest threat in the west, if they were to end up playing each other. But they're 4-0 on the season with them.
  • larryfisherman
    8 years ago
    You have to remember last year the Warriors were extremely fortunate, they didn't have to play the Spurs or Clippers, Kyrie Irving and Kevin Love were hurt when the Warriors played the Cavs in the finals. If the Warriors win it all this year, I will give it up to them, because they will have earned it. As far as Bulls vs Warriors, it comes down to the best player on each team. Who would you take, Jordan or Curry? The answer to that would determine who would win the series.
  • magicrat
    8 years ago
    Bulls/Warrors....different times, different rules. Do you really like Luc Longly and Winnington could go out and guard the Warriors at the 3 point line? Without the hand checking rules, Jordan might score 50 a game easily, although he wasn't that special from 3 point range. Both are great teams so let's just enjoy the ride! Like others I'm enjoying some real team basketball played by the Warriors and Spurs. One or even 2 great players don't win championships or else OKC would have a couple by now.
  • mjx01
    8 years ago
    Spurs seems like the only real contenders vs. the Warriors should they meet in the West Conf series. Aren't the warriors 3-1 against the Spurs this season?
  • larryfisherman
    8 years ago
    Yes the Warriors are 3-1 vs the Spurs this year. As a Spurs fan, I think it's gonna take a minor miracle for us to beat the Warriors in a seven game series. We just don't have enough offense. Duncan and Ginobili are way past their prime. Parker is still ok, but he is past his prime. Kawhi and LaMarcus are our only big time scoring options, and I don't trust LaMarcus in crunch time. I too think OKC has the best chance of any team in the west of taking out the Warriors. They have 2 of the top 5 players in the league on the same team (Durant and Westbrook). I don't see how people can dislike the Spurs (is it just because they win a lot?). They have been the model of consistency for the last 15-17 years. They play team ball, no egos. Unlike the Patriots they are not cheaters.
  • NinaBambina
    8 years ago
    Well I already explained my dislike of the Spurs. I always hated Tony and Many though. So gross. And I get that the 80s/90s had some serious floppers (Bill Laimbeer comes to mind and I love him), flopping has become extremely problematic in the last 15 or so years. Many takes the cake. He is an actress (yes, actress). And like I said, I still respect their work ethic and chemistry.
  • NinaBambina
    8 years ago
    Manu* lol my phone corrects his name and I refuse to add it to my dictionary.
  • san_jose_guy
    8 years ago
    Is this another kind of venue I should be bringing Christian Eating Lions to? Indoors, smaller, should I have smaller lions? SJG
  • NinaBambina
    8 years ago
    SJG - no, unfortunately Many Ginobili is an atheist. :(
  • NinaBambina
    8 years ago
    Uhhh Manu* !!! See, even my phone doesn't respect him.
  • san_jose_guy
    8 years ago
    How about Pumas or Cougars, a better size for the indoor environment. More closely related to house cats too. "Adult males can reach around 7.9 ft from nose to tail, and a body weight averaging between 115–220 lbs. While females can reach around 6.7 ft from nose to tail, and a body weight averaging between 64–141 lbs. " SJG
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion