tuscl

This is Why I'm Not Married

motorhead
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Tuesday, April 5, 2016 2:48 PM
Being 100 pounds overweight and bald has nothing to do with it. $32,000 Shit Bitches be crazy

27 comments

• motorhead
    8 years ago
    Oops Here's the article [view link]
  • GoVikings
    8 years ago
    Motor....you don't get lonely?
  • rockstar666
    8 years ago
    OMG...that's what you get for marrying a virgin. HUGE bills!
  • mikeya02
    8 years ago
    Imagine paying for your daughter's wedding. There she is, your darling little girl....standing next to a drug dealer
  • seaboardrr
    8 years ago
    I know both our parents wish we would've had a huge wedding but when it came down to which STATE to have it in and the guest list was climbing close to 500 people we finally had enough and just drove down to the keys and got married on the beach just the 2 of us. Had memories we'll never forget (and a massive bed we still can't find for sale anywhere...you could easily fit 4-6 people in that thing) and sent everyone pictures.
  • chessmaster
    8 years ago
    That's steep. What kinda wedding does 30 grand get you anyway?
  • JamesSD
    8 years ago
    Well, between venue and food, $100 per guest is on the cheap end. If you've ever paid to cater a party you know that $50 per person won't get you steak and lobster. Part of the problem is cutting down the guest list. When I got married I was fortunate neither of us had a lot of family in the area. Cousin bob and aunt sue didn't spend $300 plus hotel to come, and in some cases even sent small gift checks anyways. A 200 guest wedding is not unusual. 200 x $100 is $20,000, and that's not including photographer, booze, officiant... I have a few friends who did courthouse weddings or backyard weddings (basically a big bbq with a keg) and those are way cheaper.
  • Dur_Flush
    8 years ago
    I concur with cflock
  • jester214
    8 years ago
    When my best friend got married I split the check for the rehearsal dinner with his brother as their parents aren't around. It cost me a little over a grand.
  • Estafador
    8 years ago
    why do guests cost you money for the wedding? Aren't they coming for free?
  • JohnSmith69
    8 years ago
    Absolutely fucking insane. All for a few hours that you will most likely regret after some years together. Also you could have a DS as your girlfriend for several months with that kind of cash.
  • vincemichaels
    8 years ago
    Lonely,schmonely, I can stand a moment or two every so often for $32,000.
  • jester214
    8 years ago
    Keep in mind that typically you aren't footing the bill yourself. Her parents are helping out and most likely she has a job too. My brother's in-laws footed about 80% of his 40Kish wedding. @Estafador, a lot of things get broken down per guest. Catering for X costs one amount catering for Y costs another. I assume that's what you're talking about.
  • ATACdawg
    8 years ago
    My Dad's next door neighbour paid for his daughter's (she was a major hottie!!!!!) wedding to the tune of about $60,000; this was about15 years ago. Too bad they never solved the issues of who would be in control of the bride and groom's money, the groom, his bride (who was bringing the major cash to the marriage) or the groom's momma. The marriage was over in three months. The shortest marriage on record? A guy at the gym I belonged to got married on Friday to a girl he had met a few days earlier. On Monday they were back at the courthouse getting it annulled. We gave him crap about that for months - " Hey, Charlie. Who are you getting married to this weekend?" He was a good sport about it.
  • ATACdawg
    8 years ago
    Now, my daughter and her husband planned their own wedding, had about 200 guests, and had a heavy hors d'ouerve reception. The total cost for dress, flowers, reception hall and catering was right around $8000. They're still married and we've got two beautiful grandkids.
  • shailynn
    8 years ago
    I'd spend that much if Hotstuff married me and made me chackin fangers every night for dinner.
  • chessmaster
    8 years ago
    ^not gonna happen buddy.
  • gawker
    8 years ago
    I have two daughters and spent $17,000 on each wedding. Anything over that was their responsibility. One daughter didn't spend a dime over my limit. The other one had the groom's parents kick in plenty - $10,000 for the 5 piece combo with 2 singers ( 2 professors from the Berklee School of Music) filet mignon, lamb chop appetizers, ballroom on the water, horse drawn carriage, etc. Both weddings were memorable.
  • JamesSD
    8 years ago
    I do think that study is using some fuzzy math. And yeah, if you do appetizers it's cheaper than buffet which is cheaper than sit down dinner. Cash bar is cheaper than wine and beer which is cheaper than full bar. I went to a fucking dry wedding once. Left before cake.
  • shadowcat
    8 years ago
    $32K is cheap compared to what the divorce will cost you.
  • Ugluck75
    8 years ago
    Ouch, that is ridiculous- you could buy a car for that. If I get married again I hopefully can elope but will go on a nice honeymoon.
  • skibum609
    8 years ago
    We only spent 26k, but it was 26 years ago. Other than buying Cisco many moons ago it was my best financial investment ever. Great marriage but a 1700% increase in an investment is tough to beat.
  • MrBater2010
    8 years ago
    I think the Atlanta Federal Prison will marry you for free on Friday afternoons. Yeah, I am single as I have posted before. And I remember if she is pregnant you can skip the blood test. But then she could lose Medicaid and she can't go on your insurance, because it is pre-existing. 99 Problems
  • Dominic77
    8 years ago
    I spent $235 on our wedding or less than 1% of the headline article. We applied the rest as a down payment on the house. I also agree with shadowcat's comment.
  • san_jose_guy
    8 years ago
    The more money and bullshit spent on the wedding, the worst the results! If it were up to me, the people that publish Brides Magazine would be lined up against a wall and shot. SJG
  • Mistah_Fetti_Morbuxxx
    8 years ago
    Fuck that....just go to the courthouse and save all of that money on a honeymoon and a down payment of a house or something.
  • san_jose_guy
    8 years ago
    If I got to live life over again, I would be a divorce lawyer. I'd offer a package deal, wedding with all the extras, plus prepaid divorce lawyering for both sides if needed. SJG
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion