tuscl

“Hey Bae”

Papi_Chulo
Miami, FL (or the nearest big-booty club)

So started the text from a 20-something ebony dancer that wants to hook-up w/ my wallet OTC.

At first I thought “Bae” was a typo or perhaps someone’s way of using as short for “Babe” (she used it several times and in different texts).

As I was hearing today in the radio; in millennials speak “Bae” it’s sorta like Babe but it’s actually an acronym for “Before Anyone Else”.

So it was not a typo after all.

30 comments

• shailynn
    8 years ago
    Oh you crazy old fart, glad you finally figured this out. Probably the only way I figured it out is because I live in a town with a large college. "Bae" is term you would usually use for your boyfriend, girlfriend, favorite pet, etc.

I just returned from Vegas over the weekend and by the 2nd day I was fist bumping everyone I came into contact (mostly strippers and hot waitresses/bartenders who would first bump me first). Seemed fine at the time but once I returned home I decided if I ever do that at home I will have to cut my hand off.

• chessmaster
    8 years ago
    Dumbest shit I've ever heard. Worse than thot.
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    ^ you got thot right
  • mikeya02
    8 years ago
    That's cray cray
  • JohnSmith69
    8 years ago
    I pick up new words/phrases from the DS all the time. She'll be playing some rap crap, and I'll ask about some line or phrase in the song, and she fills the old guy in on what it means.

Now I've gotta go. I'm cookin pie in the kitchen with my baby.
  • motorhead
    8 years ago
    The Tampa Bae Buccaneers?
  • chessmaster
    8 years ago
    Lol
  • shadowcat
    8 years ago
    I thought that it was "British Aerospace". :)
  • skibum609
    8 years ago
    The ignorance of the young today is mesmerizing. WTF happened to this once great land?
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    ^ you got thot right Bae
  • ButterMan
    8 years ago
    Yea bae is silly shit. I never use that or text that..LOL Have had a lot of strippers call me boo, I don't mind that as much.
  • rh48hr
    8 years ago
    It's funny how as people get older, the slang and music of the younger generation is stupid and makes no sense. But it's like that for every generation. This generation will think the next generations music and slang isn't as good as when they were younger. It's a perpetual cycle.

Baby boomers don't get generation x, gen x don't get millennials, millennials won't get the next generation ...
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    ^ yeap
  • mikeya02
    8 years ago
    ^^That's cool daddy-o
  • georgmicrodong
    8 years ago
    It's also apparently Danish or some such for "shit."

Allegedly.
  • DaOnion
    8 years ago
    Bae b cray.
  • JamesSD
    8 years ago
    I feel like the acronym is reverse-engineered, although maybe I'm wrong.
  • MrDeuce
    8 years ago
    FWIW, here's what Time magazine had to say about "bae" when "Come Get It Bae" came out in 2014:

http://time.com/3026192/this-is-what-bae…

I think both the acronym for "Before Anyone Else" and the Danish word for shit are implausible explanations and continue to believe that it started as a lazy way to say "babe".
  • JamesSD
    8 years ago
    Agreed. A lot of common typos end up entering the lexicon.
  • Estafador
    8 years ago
    is that what "bae" means? I'm 24 and I always assumed it was short speak for "babe" or "baby".Didn't know it was an acronym
  • MrDeuce
    8 years ago
    Esta: It's almost certainly *not* an acronym. Consider:
    cool --> coo
    crazy --> cray [cray]
    babe --> bae
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    One of the definitions for “Bae” in UrbanDictionary.com is “Before Anyone Else”
  • JamesSD
    8 years ago
    This thread is the bomb diggity
  • JamesSD
    8 years ago
    Fo shizzle
  • MrDeuce
    8 years ago
    Papi: Surely you're aware that UrbanDictionary.com is mostly lleno de mierda. A lazy pronunciation of "babe" is much more plausible than an acronym as the origin of the ridiculous "bae".
  • rick33
    8 years ago
    I was wondering why she was calling me Aee..
  • Lil_Baller100
    4 years ago
    Dat why I get deez hoes to call me Daddy
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    4 years ago
    Bae is just babe.

The worst slang ever is "we outside"
  • gammanu95
    4 years ago
    How can you not be hip to "bae"? I dig it. What a bunch of squares.
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    Eradicating words and dumbing down the language is a basic tenet of 1984.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion