tuscl

How much should I tip the Vegas limo driver?

Sunday, March 20, 2016 4:59 PM
I'm going to Vegas soon and will probably check out Sapphire. I was thinking about using their free limo to pick me up and take me to the club. I'm staying downtown, so it's a 3 mile trip. I'll be the only person riding the limo. Is $5 too cheap of a tip? $10? Thanks for your recommendations.

15 comments

• motorhead
    8 years ago
    It depends. Does she swallow?
  • mikeya02
    8 years ago
    Do what John does and share your vape pipe.
  • DaOnion
    8 years ago
    Ha ha. I wish it was a dancer picking me up.
  • larryfisherman
    8 years ago
    I was just in Vegas a couple of months ago. $5 is a little too cheap. $10-$15 is acceptable.
  • Westcoastclubber
    8 years ago
    Assuming he walks you into the club for free, I tip $20 solo or $10 per person. Not all of them will pick up solo unless it's slow or they've got another stop close by. SR has always been the one exception to that in my experience.
  • DaOnion
    8 years ago
    Good input. Thanks guys.
  • serrano
    8 years ago
    Vegas Sapphire driver look very happy, thanking me, fist bumping me when I tip him 20 US$. I think that is good tip. If you not get a table, just ask for "two for one" drink special for 25 US$ so you do not need to pay 15 US$ "service fee" after get out of free limo.
  • shailynn
    8 years ago
    I was at Mandalay Friday - depressed that my team got their ass kicked in the Tourney 3 of us walked outside and a guy with a limo grabbed us and took us to Rhino. He didn't even want a tip but we gave him $20. We still had to pay the cover which was $43. Worth the trip because they had a happy out special on bottle service and I think we were only charged $80 for a bottle. I loved march madness but this was the biggest cockfest I had ever seen in Vegas EVER.
  • serrano
    8 years ago
    shailynn, your limo driver was probably not "official" Rhino limo. Rhino limo is supposed to take you back entrance with FREE cover, and you need to call club ahead time to reserve limo. It does not just wait random. Your limo probably "free-lance" and he probably already collect 40-50 US$ spliff from each person your party, paid to him by Rhino, so he say "oh, no worry, you no tip me"
  • Aaron_hip
    8 years ago
    What is a regular cover charge if you arrive in a Uber/taxi?
  • jester214
    8 years ago
    Yeah if it's a weekend night you can usually negotiate with a limo or even taxi to take you to a club for free or cheap rate because they're gonna collect that fee.
  • jester214
    8 years ago
    cover charge varies depending on club and day of week and time of day.
  • Dominic77
    8 years ago
    $20 or $10/person for groups (aka twice my normal tip, since it's Vegas)
  • ButterMan
    8 years ago
    $10 should do it.
  • DaOnion
    8 years ago
    Thanks all. I always tip generously at restaurants (20 to 40 %, depending how big my bill is). I just honestly had no idea with a free limo, because I've never used one before. Obviously $5 is way too low based on the responses. Thanks for setting me straight.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion