tuscl

60 Days In Jail Documentary

shailynn
They never tell you what you need to know.
I read an interesting article this morning about a new show coming on A&E where a group of people go undercover inside a jail to get a better understanding of the inmates.

http://www.businessinsider.com/60-days-i…

JS69, if your DS every financially ruins you, this may be a good option for you as they stated many of the people IN jail are there only because they can get drugs cheaper than they can get them on the street. That seems to use the same logic as a gay guy going to jail for more sex.

9 comments

• jackslash
    9 years ago
    Spend 60 days in jail with 500 hardened criminals. What could possibly go wrong?
  • motorhead
    9 years ago
    Hmmm...is that why Dougster is MIA?
  • shailynn
    9 years ago
    "Spend 60 days in jail with 500 hardened criminals. What could possibly go wrong?"

C'mon Jack, they were given a "modest" stipend (according to the article). IDK, maybe if I spent 60 minutes in a jail I would maybe appreciate my life better, but 60 days is insane. I figure I would get shivved by day 3 because I wouldn't give up my hashbrowns.

"Hmmm...is that why Dougster is MIA?"

That is exactly why Diva1976 is MIA
  • rockstar666
    9 years ago
    I'd rather do 30 days of Naked & Afraid than even just 7 days in jail.
  • TheeOSU
    9 years ago
    No doubt there will be some accuracy but overall it's probably just another staged reality show.
  • Mate27
    9 years ago
    Dougster MIA?? lol!!
  • Cashman1234
    9 years ago
    The entire idea of that show is fascinating. It's my opinion - so it's prone to error - but I think most folks get on reality tv shows in the hope that they will gain some sort of fame (and maybe fortune). The folks who agreed to be on this show must be the most desperate folks to be found!

The oddest thing I read was that one of Muhammad Ali's daughters was on the show. That's fucked up!
  • san_jose_guy
    9 years ago
    I believe that the more time you spend with the poorest of the poor, the homeless, convicts, and psychiatric patients, the more you will see that their lives revolve around:

Alcohol, Drugs, Born Again Christianity, and Psychiatric Medication.

That is certainly how it is from my vantage point, not inside the jail, but outside and working with community groups and dealing with those always in and out of jail.

SJG
  • skibum609
    9 years ago
    One of my good friends did 24 months in one of the White Collar Federal Penitentiaries. The Government fucked up so he kept the money he stole and paid no restitution. So he was a millionaire before and after he went in. His take on jail and making a huge amount of money while he was in? Not worth it.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion