tuscl

Chumlee from Pawn Stars arrested

twentyfive
Living well and enjoying my retirement
Any of you guys find this amusing
https://www.yahoo.com/tv/pawn-stars-arre…

33 comments

• vincemichaels
    9 years ago
    This guy has always been a moron. It shows what happens to morons.
  • shailynn
    9 years ago
    I've watched the show a few times, he seems nice, but pretty damn stupid.

Meth found in his house? Not a good look.
  • Mate27
    9 years ago
    Might explIn his recent drop in weight (meth), but in some pics looks like he gained it all back. Cory might be the typical Millenial who runs the shop to the ground after his dad Rick gives up on running the place. Maybe not...
  • shailynn
    9 years ago
    Man I don't know... Every time I drive by there they have a line a mile long waiting to get in, and there's 5 other pawn shops on the same street.
  • mikeya02
    9 years ago
    I'm sure this comes as a great non-surprise to most people
  • RTP
    9 years ago
    I actually watch the show, but always hated his character. HE always came across as a lazy moron to me. In the most recent season, he has almost no role. Maybe the TV people saw some of this. And, oh yeah, what Mikey said.
  • motorhead
    9 years ago
    Love the show. The only reality show I watch.

Cory is a guy I wanna bitch slap. (I almost posted that on the other thread)

The Old Man is just that - a grumpy old man

Is Chumlee that dumb or just an act?

So why do I watch? Rick.
    Maybe editing makes him look smarter than he really is, but he seems like a cool dude.
  • ime
    9 years ago
    Chumlee and Juice are cousins
  • rockstar666
    9 years ago
    Chumlee pretends to be stupid because he's funny. He no dumber than an ordinary person. He's actually an expert in a lot of areas: watches, video games, shoes, comic books...a few other things. Looks like the meth may be the least of his troubles though what with the sexual assault and gun charges.
  • sclvr5005
    9 years ago
    Dumber than a bag of hammers. Hopefully nature will eradicate this idiot quickly.
  • Mate27
    9 years ago
    Shailynn the 3rd generation has historically run a family business under, but this organization may become corporate and nit dependent on 1 person. If it was strictly up to Cory to handle all business and marketing, yeah the business would fold eventually.
  • sflguy123
    9 years ago
    I find Clumlee entertaining on the show and assume the way he acts is all for the show. Lots of it is obviously scripted. He is one of the three main characters(ignoring the old man) so it could be a big loss if he was released from the show.
  • seaboardrr
    9 years ago
    While I wouldn't put it past anyone to do anything we know very few ACTUAL facts about all of this. Sure, Chumlee may be a bumbling idiot or he may be smart and funny. It's possible her could be a drug thug that assaults women or her could be a nice guy making pretty good money who got slandered by some chica looking for a payout.

The article is extremely vague. From what I know methamphetamine could be multiple different things. It's even prescribed by doctors for ADHD and weight loss BOTH of which Chumlee seems like he'd have a legitimate reason for having. They found a "weapon"? Really? If they found an AK-47 or some Glock or who knows what I'd figure they be advertising that fact with the amount of ammo as well trying to paint him as a gun running drug dealer. When I simply see "weapon" and knowing the Chumlee facade I see on pawn stars it really makes me wonder if he had some knock off samurai sword or a pair of nunchucks.

He could be an idiot and headed to jail or he could be getting railroaded by some over zealous cops and DA trying to get a headline. I'll wait until we know the actual facts.
  • motorhead
    9 years ago
    These figures are dated (2014) but the interwebs says he makes $25k per episode and has a net worth of $5 million. Why would he mess that up dealing drugs. On the other hand, Rick makes $12 million per year. Maybe Chum is a tad bit jealous.
  • Estafador
    9 years ago
    I don't watch TV...what's Pawn Stars.
  • motorhead
    9 years ago
    Pawn Stars

A reality TV show that takes place in a Las Vegas Pawn Shop. People desperate for money to lose at the Blackjack tables bring in old stuff they found in their attic. Their "internet research" says the item should be worth $10,000 but the owner of the shop - a middle aged fat, bald guy - only offers them $2000 because he has to "pay the light bill".
  • Estafador
    9 years ago
    oh....don't see why this is such a popular show. Not worth the time but human nature is always an interesting subject I suppose.
  • mikeya02
    9 years ago
    ^^^ and he has to pay to frame the items properly
  • ButterMan
    9 years ago
    This is funny! I do like the show and chumlee. his character is dumb as a box of rocks.
  • twentyfive
    9 years ago
    I always liked that show (Pawn Stars) and of all of the main characters Chumlee, was always my favorite, so I hope to heck that seabordrr, is correct and this is just a setup, because I always thought of Chumlee as the perfect foil to Rick, Cory, & the Old Man.
    If any of you remember Edith (Jean Stapleton) from All in the Family, she had to be very intelligent to be acting that dumb, and with such perfect timing, and I find Chumlee to be similar funny, with great timing, that cant be scripted, it needs to be understood, writers can write all of the jokes they if they are not delivered properly they will fail.
  • seaboardrr
    9 years ago
    Well, I just saw another article that now states the police confiscated meth, marijuana and a gun.
  • rockstar666
    9 years ago
    Chumlee drops his dumb persona in rare moments and I like those scenes. Anyone who thinks he's dumb as he acts (despite the arrest) must also think the Three Stooges are idiots too in real life.
  • mikeya02
    9 years ago
    IMO, that show is scripted up the ass. The items brought in are what makes it interesting to me.
  • Mate27
    9 years ago
    So scripted ^^^^. The dramatic pauses like they have don't happen in real life.
  • DaOnion
    9 years ago
    Damn...

Officers reported the 33-year-old Russell was reluctant to open safes, saying they contained guns and marijuana that he had for personal use.

Russell told detectives he smoked "a lot of weed," the arrest report said.

Almost 5 ounces of marijuana was found in jars and plastic bags in varying amounts, the report said, including one large Ziploc bag containing more than 4 ounces.

Police said 12 guns were seized, ranging from handguns to a shotgun and assault-style MP5 and .223-caliber rifles.

Four of the handguns were registered to Russell, the report said.

Most of the weapons were found in a bedroom vault safe, along with 17 multi-dose "bars" of the anxiety drug Xanax and seven capsules containing small amounts of methamphetamine, police said.

One loaded .45-caliber handgun was found in a master bedroom nightstand drawer, the report said.
  • jester214
    9 years ago
    People still think "reality tv" is real? He's not that dumb, very few people are.

I can forgive weed and guns, meth bothers me a little more.
  • sflguy123
    9 years ago
    Art imitating life they just had an episode on entitled "Chum's Secret Stash".

I just caught the end so not sure how much the meth went for.
  • motorhead
    8 years ago
    The store you see on the show is actually a TV set. Nevada privacy laws prevent filming of customers and staff at the actual pawn shop.
  • twentyfive
    8 years ago
    ^^^That's interesting Motor I did not realize that. But tell me are the exterior shots filmed at the actual locations.
  • sflguy123
    8 years ago
    That can't be right? I just assumed all the background "customers" were actually extras or signed off on possible being filmed.

If it's filmed on a TV set how do they get the background "customers"?
  • motorhead
    8 years ago
    I read it yesterday but doubted it. I googled it and saw several articles that "confirmed" it. And the interwebs is always right. Lol.
  • sflguy123
    8 years ago
    You have a link to any of those articles?

It's wikipedia page states, "The series is filmed on location at the World Famous Gold & Silver Pawn Shop in Las Vegas, Nevada."

http://www.reviewjournal.com/entertainme…
    "When the production crew wants to shoot, staff has to kick out customers who aren’t going to be in the show."
  • Mate27
    8 years ago
    It's not filmed on set, it's actually filmed in the pawn store as I have visited it over a year ago. Nothing spectacular but you'd be surprised at how small the place is. It looks bigger on TV.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion