tuscl

OT: "New York Strip Steak" OR "Ribeye Steak"

Wednesday, March 2, 2016 5:18 PM
Medium rare New York Strip Steak with fresh sauteed mushrooms.

33 comments

• twentyfive
    8 years ago
    Always Ribeye but if you want the best of the best its a large Porterhouse, for two served by Peter Luger in Brooklyn, N.Y. since I think 1897.
  • ButterMan
    8 years ago
    Ribeye! But I prefer Filet mignon or porter house with a nice lobster tail.
  • ime
    8 years ago
    New York Strip, though lately been grilling sirloin medium rare and slathered with chimmichuri.
  • vincemichaels
    8 years ago
    Make mine a filet, medium well done with asparagus tips in a bernaise sauce.
  • flagooner
    8 years ago
    Ribeye, but it has to have the bone-in. Medium rare. Heaven.
  • mikeya02
    8 years ago
    Prime rib, medium rare, with a lobster tail and a loaded baked potato.
  • Dominic77
    8 years ago
    Ribeye is pretty good. I prefer Filet Mignon, rare, with scallops. The wife also likes Filet, medium rare with lobster tail. With grilled zucchini. For dessert a nice slice of chocolate cake to share. I usually enjoy it with a dewars and soda. She has a glass of wine, recommended by the waiter/waitress.
  • elvis2
    8 years ago
    Bone-in ribeye. medium well w/ onions and mushrooms. Salad, 'taters, and asparagus. Sweet tea, and Key Lime Pie. Lately, i have really enjoyed a good hamburger steak,and much cheaper.
  • rattdog
    8 years ago
    ribeye. filet fignon. hmm. yeah. could be a change of pace this week as well as next. might be better of spending my money on that than the duds i've been encountering lately at the clubs.
  • rh48hr
    8 years ago
    Either one for me medium. I love me some steak. :-)
  • jester214
    8 years ago
    Any kind of steak is a win with me. Medium bone-ribeye over a strip though.
  • shadowcat
    8 years ago
    Flank steak ala Carne Asada.
  • JohnSmith69
    8 years ago
    Damn. Now I've got the munchies. Where the fuck am I going to find a steak at this hour when I'm not in a hotel? And the answer is ribeye.
  • shadowcat
    8 years ago
    JS69 - A lot of grocery stores are still open. :)
  • JohnSmith69
    8 years ago
    No fucking way Im gonna drive in this condition. And no Ubers I looked. Cheese its are awesome. But nowhere near as good as a juicy ribeye, lobster tail, and baked potato.
  • NinaBambina
    8 years ago
    I prefer a filet mignon. Medium rare or medium. Side of potatoes and I will be in heaven.
  • pensionking
    8 years ago
    prime rib -- lawry's. otherwise, ribeye.
  • seaboardrr
    8 years ago
    Neither of us have ever understood the fascination people have for ribeyes. I always get us porterhouses at the local meat market but Mrs. Sea prefers just the filet part.
  • ATACdawg
    8 years ago
    I'm with Shadow. Either flank steak or skirt steak, marinated for at least 4 hours in a combination of Mexican spices and grilled about three to four minutes per side. Slicing it thin across the grain is essential to keep it tender. The flavor is terrific due to the fat content and it's usually less expensive than the premium cuts.
  • georgmicrodong
    8 years ago
    Of those two? Ribeye, bone in. In general though, any well cooked, reasonably seasoned steak will be welcome.
  • rickdugan
    8 years ago
    Bone-in ribeye, medium rare, with a loaded baked potato, sauteed mushrooms and creamed spinach (the real stuff).
  • Clubber
    8 years ago
    Not a steak person, but if I have to, a filet, rare.
  • DaOnion
    8 years ago
    Ditto Nina. Filet, medium rare, with potato. Maybe add a side of sauteed spinach with garlic too. Also, a shrimp cocktail to start off with.
  • chessmaster
    8 years ago
    Ribeye well done
  • VeryBigDawg
    8 years ago
    That bone in Rib Eye is mighty fine eating.
  • vincemichaels
    8 years ago
    JohnSmith69, I do deliveries, for you, a TUSCL regular, I'll forego my usual charge.
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    Damn – I’m too getting the munchies. I don’t eat steak regularly – sorta when in the mood and have a good appetite – usually will go w/ the Filet Mignon (it’s fairly flavorful and fairly tender; I don’t like cuts of meat w/ too much fat or stuff in it that makes me feel like I’m biting into ligaments)
  • Clubber
    8 years ago
    Papi, You and me both. The filet has it's fat marbled.
  • twentyfive
    8 years ago
    ^^^To Clubber & Papi if you get a chance to try a Prime grade A Porterhouse steak the fat is very much mixed in the marbling and if it is cooked right over very high heat, over 700 degrees, which is an easy temperature to reach on any quality Bar-B-Q grill the Porterhouse cut steak which is the meat that the Filet & and the Ribeye are carved from by a butcher, the fat will run out during the cooking and cause flare-ups on the grill imparting a great flavor to the meat cooked to your taste, Rare (mostly pink center), Medium (much less pink center) or Well (no pink at all) I guarantee, unless you just don't like beef you will love it as I believe it to be the best of any type of steak.
  • Clubber
    8 years ago
    25, Been there, done that. At " weekly steak night" when I was dating my wife, her mother used to get them for the whole family, Nine counting me. She used to have the market guy grind mine and cook it as a burger. I still prefer the filet. As I said, I'm not much of a steak guy. When I take my wife out for a steak, I almost always get salmon, and if not, a filet.
  • twentyfive
    8 years ago
    Club I'm sure that burger was delicious probably was triple the cost of hamburger meat.
  • flagooner
    8 years ago
    28-day dry aged bone-in ribeye, medium rare. Much more aging than that and it gets a bit too gamey for my tastes.
  • Clubber
    8 years ago
    25, 'twas! :)
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion