tuscl

Another weird trend at the SC

Saturday, February 27, 2016 7:45 PM
Recently I have noticed a weird trend in tipping the girls on stage. Younger guys will walk by the stage and throw several bucks on the stage or at the girl. They hardly look at the girl when they are doing this or acknowledge her. Sort of like they are superior to the whole scene. This is different from the guys that make it rain as they hang around the stage throwing money during the whole girls stage performance. At the opposite end of the spectrum are the pervs with only $5 in their pocket for one beer and never tip. My old school perv habit of tipping girls on stage requires the girl to come over and acknowledge me before she gets the tip. Not to mention examining the goodies up close. And the girl needs to be nude too. What has been your experience?

55 comments

• shadowcat
    8 years ago
    VBD - This is not new but it appears to be a black thing. I noticed it a few years ago at Club Blaze.
  • missy.preton
    8 years ago
    completely a black thing
  • motorhead
    8 years ago
    Yup. A black thing that I've seen for a few years. Why? Dunno. Why does Cam dab after a touchdown?
  • maho
    8 years ago
    Have seen what you say - throwing money at the stage and/or girl without even acknowledging the girl. Was actually a bit awkward watching and no one really knew what was going on - the girl on stage dancing included. My sole purpose for tipping on stage is a signal for a girl stop by after they are finished on stage. Unless that person is a real dud of a girl personality wise and a turnoff, then I've already concluded I want to make a visit to VIP with her in which case I'll be seeing her more closely. Watching guys inspect a girl as they are tipping her on stage can sometimes be awkward watching as well.
  • s88
    8 years ago
    Ghetto thing from rap videos. Culture says a man never show interest in a hoe. He has to play hard to get because he is a dealer or athlete and every woman wants to sleep with him. Whether is a dealer or athlete OTC... lol. So you "make it rain" while looking at the floor or at the backwall of stage not her pussy. Business guys always are staring at the ass or tits or pussy when they make it rain. I've seen Willie Dynamites, hat and fur coat come to a SC, make it rain $100s on a couple dancers, and walk out 15 mins later. No drinks. Never sat down. The dancers on stage ignored the pimp and wouldn't interact with him from the stage the way they do with normal make it rain business men. Going a SC, getting a hookah and vodka bottle and nodding out is the typical game plan of urban guys. They never watch stage dancers. It pisses me off when they take up a quarter of front row, and TURNED their front row seats 180 away from the stage. WTF did you come to a SC and not a hookah lounge if you are going to nod out, and ignore the dancers and I have no seat at the front row. It gets more pathetic when they make it rain on a waitress and try to get LDs from waitresses. Some waitresses will sit on their laps but not move for dollars. Sometimes security comes by and tells the waitresses to go back to work.
  • twentyfive
    8 years ago
    "The times they are a changing"
  • JohnSmith69
    8 years ago
    Just be glad that you don't have to tip in a black dive. It was by far the most confusing tipping experience of my life.
  • bubba267
    8 years ago
    Yep..seen it too. New version of "too cool for school". What tickles me is when I see older white guys who try to emulate it....same for making it rain. Funny stuff....
  • 4got2wipe
    8 years ago
    "Just be glad that you don't have to tip in a black dive. It was by far the most confusing tipping experience of my life." Is there a complex equation for the amount? That would be brilliant! I can see the stripper saying stuff like "why are you tipping me so little you were supposed to use a complete gamma function for this calculation!"
  • rickdugan
    8 years ago
    I've been doing this for many years. I just have no interest in standing around at the stage waiting for attention, nor do I need to get all that up close while she is doing her set. When she's done with her set and if she's interested to see what might follow that tip, she knows where to find me.
  • georgmicrodong
    8 years ago
    I've seen that as well. Mostly in the local black dive, but also done by black guys in other clubs. Only occasionally do I see men other than black men doing it.
  • clubdude
    8 years ago
    I believe it to be a young black thing. I've seen brothers my age wait to be acknowledged (as i do). Then again, I've seen young Arabic dudes do the same thing (most recently at Penthouse-Detroit).
  • Estafador
    8 years ago
    The fact that VeryBigDawg saw this happening at a club he normally ventures, I'd hazard a guess and say it's NOT a black thing. You guys are like a group of old men at the park contemplating instead of actually doing some extensive field research.
  • twentyfive
    8 years ago
    To Estafador- You seem to have a problem with old men why so angry ?
  • VeryBigDawg
    8 years ago
    Lots of good points. Most recently saw this with white guy at white club, but he was probably trying to act black.
  • shadowcat
    8 years ago
    VBD - You should do some extensive field research. :)
  • VeryBigDawg
    8 years ago
    Shadow, lol! Should I start a 'go fund me' account?
  • shadowcat
    8 years ago
    VBD - Sure. I'll donate but I can only afford $1 because of my age. :)
  • IHearVoices
    8 years ago
    To twentyfive - I'd venture to guess that Estafador has no more of a problem with old men than the old men do with black people.
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    As others have mentioned; probably something that was made “vogue” by the hip-hop culture where it’s mostly about bragging and “me (the rapper) being the best and being better than you” – and w/ every generation the young’uns will want to emulate popular culture and w/ hip-hop being liked by young people of all races even the white-kids wanna do the “hey look at me I’m a playa” thing. I think it was either TUSCLer “Dolfan” or “IME” that put it succinctly a while back – that the rain-makers do it to be seen rather that to see the dancer – it’s not enough to tip-her; but they gotta make a production out of it to draw attention to themselves such as throw the $$$ like a baseball fast-pitch or do the flipping the deck-of-cards thing – it’s not enough to tip; it’s how you tip so you draw attention from the crowd rather than the dancer. It seems to be pretty-much the hip-hop thing of “hey look at all I got” and I’m going to let everybody know all I got. I’ve seen even worse where there will be a dancer dancing for an AA guy and the guy, even though he’s paying her, is not even acknowledging her nor even looking in her direction while she’s dancing for him right next to him – it comes across as a “I’m too much of a man that I’m not even going to look-at/acknowledge her while she’s dancing for me and I’m even paying her”.
  • DaOnion
    8 years ago
    This is the dumbest shit I've ever heard. It's like going to a fancy restaurant, ordering steak and lobster and not taking a single bite of it. Then, you pay the waitress and tip her $100 on top of the bill, and walk out, leaving the steak and lobster untouched on the plate. Yeah, you'll draw attention, but for the wrong reason. You look like an idiot.
  • flagooner
    8 years ago
    I think it started as an Eskimo thing.
  • twentyfive
    8 years ago
    To ihearvoices I can't speak for any one but myself but I don't have any problems with black people,where did that come from that sounds like a typical dumb ass remark !
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    ^ yeah; probably those damn Eskimo rappers
  • IHearVoices
    8 years ago
    The irony of the last part of that comment, coming from someone who apparently can't spell "anyone"...
  • twentyfive
    8 years ago
    I'm on an iPhone don't be such a jackass. Where is there anything I have posted that might validate your theory,or is that just your way of dismissing any opinion that doesn't agree with yours, call them bigoted and and not deal with the question. BTW so it isn't lost on you why does estafador seem to have an obsession with old men, he sounds angry to me.
  • IHearVoices
    8 years ago
    Let me help you out with this: I never said that anyone had problems with black people. I said that I guess Estafador's problem was equal to that of the others. I didn't say a word about the size of either problem. Your assumption that Estafador has a problem with old men led you to believe that I was saying that the old men had a problem with black people. I don't know anyone on this board well enough to say that anyone has a problem with anyone (outside Papi, whom I've met and know to not have problems with anyone). As such, I wouldn't know Estafador to have an issue with old men. I didn't take his comment as sounding angry. I actually thought it was sarcastic/amusing...'extensive field research' on strippers? How can you take that as being sufficiently angry and serious to call someone out on?
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    It’s a clash of cultures – people are gonna have different POVs depending on their personal experiences.
  • twentyfive
    8 years ago
    It not his first old men comment and I have heard from other old men who have both PMed me and in person instead of white knighting for him let him respond, this is the third thread I have called him on it , I have yet to see a response directly from him regarding my question. In response to you you were the person to throw the black reference into the mix.
  • IHearVoices
    8 years ago
    The majority of the comments up to that point did have that in common, so I wouldn't say that was too far of a reach.
  • twentyfive
    8 years ago
    Not by me.
  • s88
    8 years ago
    @DaOnion Women do that, presumably to stay thin. An spinner ex of mine did that, but atleast she asked for the untouched steak to be put in a take out box for her cat. I have met her overweight cat, so that wasn't BS. After 2 times of this happening, I told her we are splitting 1 entree from now on and she agreed.
  • flagooner
    8 years ago
    (time to stir the pot) So if some comments in a thread comment on black people/culture then it isn't too much of a reach to assume that everyone that posts in that thread has problems with black people?
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    Obviously race is a touchy subject in our society. On the one-hand; one can see AA folks taking exception at perceived negative comments and they taking the comments as if it’s meant to apply to all black people. OTOH – since it’s such a touchy subject; it seems as if often times AAs take exception at negative comments as if any negative comments are based on racism seemingly irrespective if the comments have merit or not.
  • twentyfive
    8 years ago
    flagooner-- What would be your take on this ?
  • flagooner
    8 years ago
    Always willing to give my 2 cents... Three things 1. It seems to me that a lot of people look for reasons to be offended. 2. I wish people would give others the benefit of the doubt, until that presumption is no longer warranted based on concrete evidence. 3. Race discussions seem to be the most volatile (more than politics and religion)
  • DaOnion
    8 years ago
    @s88 Funny. Yeah, no reason to keep buying her cat filet mignon. At least it was her cat that was fat and not her kitty. Sorry for talking about your ex's kitty.
  • twentyfive
    8 years ago
    IHearVoices   5 Hours Ago • "To twentyfive - I'd venture to guess that Estafador has no more of a problem with old men than the old men do with black people." This is what started the bullshit, scrolling up will take you to my earlier threads you will see no reference to race in any of my posts, you will see a quote from Bob Dylan which I assume the subject of my second reply has no knowledge of cause BD is pushing 75 himself. So explain to me the stupid white knighting answer I received to which I called him a jackass cause he is for putting that shit out there and assuming that he can use that false narrative to prove his point but really just shows his ignorance, not mine. I am done with this subject because I don't receive any reasonable answer from either of the two idiots that caused my rant to begin with. Just to be plain spoken, if I used race in any way that was negative go ahead call it, if not you need to man up .
  • skibum609
    8 years ago
    On the other hand watching the arrogance get beat down is hysterical. A dancer at my favorite club, Natalie is the dancer in this story. Sel-important man sits in chair a few feet from stage talking on cell phone. Dancer is looking at him so he gets up and place 6-7 singles on the edge of the stage, goes back to his chair and resumes chatting. Over the next couple of songs Natalie dances, gets tipped by others, and walks by the money and the phone talker without looking at either.....stalemate. Now knowing Natalie I know she wouldn't take money from him like that if her life depended on it and soon Mr. phone also figures it out. He puts the phone away, gets up, sits at the stage next to his money and then when he has sat long enough she comes over to accept the tip. I do not get the making it rain stuff at all.
  • GoVikings
    8 years ago
    i'm a young black guy and i will say that this is definitely something that black men are more likely to do. they aren't the only ones who do it, but in most cases its black guys doing it. i don't do it, but that has more to do with the fact that i'm a quiet, laid-back dude who doesn't like bringing attention to myself while i can't speak for dancers, i doubt most of them care whether customers do this. all i think they care about, most of them, is actually getting tipped. i think the example that skibum609 gave, is definitely more of the exception, rather than the norm
  • IHearVoices
    8 years ago
    To the illiterate moron: I never said you said anything about race, in a negative way or otherwise. Good luck getting me to apologize for something I never said. Also, this will be my last 'public' comment on the matter: my response to your forthcoming inane comment will come via PM (or you can PM me), as I'm sure people are tired of this thread-jacking back-and-forth. If you choose not to answer for whatever reason, then I know you're doing this all for show and not because you feel like you have a real point. You can screenshot the PMs for all I care. I just have no more interest in wasting everyone else's time. To everyone else, I apologize for the part I've already played in this. To the one who can't tell one end from the other because they both produce the same thing: let's see what you do without an audience. By the way, this was typed on a cell phone.
  • rickthelion
    8 years ago
    DaOnion, you're edging toward the wildebeest list. Every word that rickdugan types is a work of genius. You contradict him, so you're a moron. It's axiomatic. Apologize to rickdugan and all will be forgiven. As for me, I don't tip. Hairless ape whores love the BSLC. ROAR!
  • DaOnion
    8 years ago
    Ha ha. I wasn't referring to Rick placing money on the stage and walking away, as much as I was referring to this scenario that Papi described: "the guy, even though he’s paying her, is not even acknowledging her nor even looking in her direction while she’s dancing for him right next to him – it comes across as a “I’m too much of a man that I’m not even going to look-at/acknowledge her while she’s dancing for me and I’m even paying her”.
  • rickdugan
    8 years ago
    DaOnion posted: "This is the dumbest shit I've ever heard. It's like going to a fancy restaurant, ordering steak and lobster and not taking a single bite of it. Then, you pay the waitress and tip her $100 on top of the bill, and walk out, leaving the steak and lobster untouched on the plate." No, it's like going to a restaurant and paying a small amount to sniff and eyeball the food. The only reason I ever bother is if I want a girl's attention and/or if I had trouble keeping my eyes oiff of her. It never ceases to amaze me how many guys will stand there like expectant puppies waiting for their turn, or worse, try to maul a girl onstage without a care in the world. No thanks, my dignity is worth more than a little closer view or a brief handful of her ass. But I do not want to discourage any of you from doing what you do - seriously. I swear it is an abundance of guys like this that leads girls to sit with me for hours. I also wonder how much it has helped me on the OTC front (which is where the real eating begins), since I'm sure that some girls would rather get paid to fuck someone old enough to be their Dad rather than be continuously leered at and mauled by guys old enough to be their Grandpa.
  • rickdugan
    8 years ago
    Oops, looks like we cross posted DaOnion.
  • DaOnion
    8 years ago
    I get that Rick. If I tip at the stage, I just walk up to her, hand her my money or put it in her g-string, and then tell her to stop by later if she's free. It's just a set up to get lap dances later. I don't stand at the stage fawning over her or groping her in front of the whole club. i was referring to people paying for lapdances and then turning their back on the dancer and looking in the opposite direction to "look cool". I think that's idiotic.
  • DaOnion
    8 years ago
    No problem. :)
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    8 years ago
    I've seen this (but not often) in southern New England. Whether white, black, or otherwise, it is typically via guys who are in the street / hip hop scene. I don't pretend to understand it. So... who wants to talk about climate change now? Dear God I'm kidding; please don't talk about climate change.
  • Eagle1191
    8 years ago
    I have only seen this once and the guy looked like a complete fool, none of the dancers gave a crap and practically ignored him other then taking the money and moving back or onto the people paying attention to them or making conversation. I have also seen a person "make it rain" just to be the center of attention and it lasted all of 3 minutes and that was about it. I say "let them do this" as its their money to waste and no dancer really gives a crap that the fools are to "proud" to look at them yet they are in a club tossing away crap loads of money just for an image. I might be a younger guy who is still kinda new to strip clubs but I spend my money wisely most of the time to get the most bang for my buck.
  • VeryBigDawg
    8 years ago
    The guy looked like a fool to me. Getting best bang for buck at SC is a wise choice.
  • Dominic77
    8 years ago
    What a strange trend. Some custies really are odd ones.
  • larryfisherman
    8 years ago
    You guys want to make it a black thing, but Rick Dugan said he's been doing it for many years, and he's pretty sure he's not black. I do this sometimes, and I'm white (well half white). In my experience out here in LA, blacks, whites, Latinos, Asians etc, everybody makes it rain.
  • flagooner
    8 years ago
    Maybe because of the drought?
  • larryfisherman
    8 years ago
    ^^^Lol, clever
  • VeryBigDawg
    8 years ago
    Am hope to do some more research on this topic. :)
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion