tuscl

Best in class reviews

Papi_Chulo
Miami, FL (or the nearest big-booty club)

With so many shitty reviews written I think it would be helpful for there to be a way to sort reviews in a club by “best reviews” per se – sorta like Amazon lets you rate whether a review was helpful or not – having this and the option to read the “best-rated” reviews first (instead of just the latest-ones) would probably make the review process more effective.

18 comments

• Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    I guess having a “would you recommend this review” option (or similar); would be sorta what I'm thinking.
  • warhawks
    9 years ago

A lot of consumer review websites have a "Did you find this review helpful" option at the end of said review. And the reader can click "yes" or "no" or a "thumbs up" or "thumbs down" icon with numbers associated with each.

That sometimes helps me when I'm researching a product or a hotel or something similar I'm looking for on line.
  • JamesSD
    9 years ago
    Most props would be a useful search function.
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    ^ I thought about # of Props; but Prop comments aren't always positive
  • Estafador
    9 years ago
    I can see why prop would be a problem. There's no other way to comment on the review but prop it giving the review a false sense of self.
  • mjx01
    9 years ago
    We need a comment option in addition to prop and flag. Of course, # props or ratings require users to do such.. Most users don't even bother to update club details.
  • Clubber
    9 years ago
    Papi,

You just want to hog all the headlines! :)
  • knight_errant
    9 years ago
    Papi writes a solid review
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    “… You just want to hog all the headlines …”

“… Papi writes a solid review …”

My recommendations in the OP are not a feeble attempt at getting my reviews bumped-up; as always I’m just trying to make TUSCL the best it can be for the PL community.
  • Clubber
    9 years ago
    You go Papi! Now if I can only get you to review the clubs many of us visit. :)
  • JohnSmith69
    9 years ago
    I think this is a great idea. You should message Emily about it. Tell her I approve. That should get things moving.
  • Dominic77
    9 years ago
    I like this idea, too
  • twentyfive
    9 years ago
    Also if you notice review criticism is usually posted on the prop review rather than the flag review.
  • Dolfan
    9 years ago
    I've proposed similar functionality a few times. I think it would be immensely helpful. There's a ton of ways you could do it, a simple 1-10 score, a "tag cloud" type thing, a set of 1-10 ratings on prescribed categories (similar to club ratings) etc. I think the key is really combining the review age and user rating together to form a single ordering. After 6-8 months I'd find a marginally effective review review of the same club to be more relevant than the superb one that's old. In other words, even the best reviews get old and moldy.

You could take it further and go to a points based moderation system, where users earn points for posting helpful comments/reviews & then assign them (negative or positive) to other comments/reviews. Then you can view by date, but filter out comments/reviews below a certain (user configurable) threshold. That sort of system could give people like Papi too much control though, which I think could kinda change the free for all vibe.

I also think it would be helpful if people stopped propping reviews with negative comments. Isn't that what the flag option is for? I can't find the examples, but there's a few reviews that I've flagged as shills but other people have propped with comments like "Club Ad" or something, and the reviews stay up instead of being pulled.
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    One can have a negative comment about a review w/o necessarily thinking it should be flagged; assuming flagged reviews are flagged b/c they should be removed.

A simple “would you recommend this review” field would probably do well enough while still keeping it PL-simple; IMO.
  • sclvr5005
    9 years ago
    I often see flagged comments for thinfs like shilling sitting for months. Do they ever get pulled?
  • Dolfan
    9 years ago
    I don't think all flagged reviews are removed, or even that flagging a review suggests that it should be reviewed. Maybe I misunderstand, sure as shit wouldn't be the first time, but I think of a prop as a positive comment and a flag as a negative one. Its up to founder or whoever to decide if a flagged review should be removed or not.
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    for w/e reason; as least for me; the flagged comments often don't appear/are-visible; or at least they don't appear right away as Prop comments do.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion