tuscl

Spam the spammers!

ATACdawg
Thank God Trump is FIRED!!! Lock him up!
Is anyone else as sick and tired of these Indian spam moving ads as I am? I'm trying to think of a way to bomb these jerks' emails until they stop it. Unfortunately, the only thing I can think of would choke the TUSCL PM system. Anybody have any ideas?

12 comments

• warhawks
    9 years ago

Ask CrazyJoe. Or Rech. They seem to know how to respond numerous times over and over to a thread.

I think every time someone responds to a thread they started, it sends an email to their inbox.
  • Dominic77
    9 years ago
    Just ignore them.

Other than that . .

+Is there a way to report posts to the founder or a moderator? To delete the posts and ban the poster?
    +Maybe the founder or a site administrator can add a feature to throttle new members under a certain post count. E.g., new users under 5 posts, the posts aren't shown until a moderator can approve the posts, etc.

No one likes to have to approve posts or treat new users like children . . this this is why we can't have nice things(TM). ;-)

I say, screw it, and just ignore them. It's not worth worrying about.
  • ATACdawg
    9 years ago
    That's the problem, warhawks. If this was their direct email, I'd start trying to bring their computer to its knees. As it stands right now, we send them a PM and founder (or his bot) sends them a message. That would choke his computer and make it harder for us to use.

The law of unintended consequences ...:-(
  • georgmicrodong
    9 years ago
    Yeah, my idea to add the ignore button to the main discussion page for phones like it is for desktops is a stupid one, but spamming them is brilliant!
  • shadowcat
    9 years ago
    Sending a message to their email is an automated function that can be stopped just by checking the box on your profile. Isn't every one already doing that?
  • Dominic77
    9 years ago
    ^Yep. Along unchecking the box for the TUSCL newsletter.
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    Shadow is correct. You can turn off thst feature so they will not get an email notification.

Other things to consider...they may never check their messages in their message center. If it not their main account they probably have it atached to an email they dont use.
  • shadowcat
    9 years ago
    Another thing. This isn't the work of a spammer. It is the work of a troll. If it wasn't for the few guys on here that think trolls are funny and feed them, the problem would probably go away.
  • warhawks
    9 years ago

You are so right Shadow. We've been ignoring them and they've gone away haven't they? (sic).

Look, I get it.

The Indians are still butt hurt about us coming in and taking all their land and their women and scalping their men and trading them trinkets for all thier goods. What can I say? We know a good deal when we see it.... Now they want us to all pack up and move everything.

Problem is, nobody will take us...
  • minnow
    9 years ago
    Earlier today, I saw about 3 or 4 of those threads, now they're gone. So, someone notified founder, or else he actually (gasp!!) monitored/scanned the board today.
    I rarely venture into those threads, but it seemed to me that the OP rarely, if ever, responded to posts by members in that thread. This behavior doesn't follow the pattern of the usual trolls/spammers who respond to posts, and/or continually bump their threads. So, a possibility could be that Tuscl is being used by criminals as a coded message board of sorts.

In Ian Flemings "Goldfinger" novel, one method used by the bad guys for a courier to make a pickup would be to place an ad for a certain car in the classified ad section. Certain numbers on car year and mileage would designate the highway and the mile marker where the money, or whatever would be left under a rock.
    So, rather than phone or text people, the posting of the "spam" (Who the hell here wants to go to Bangalore, much less talk about anything to do with Bangalore.) would indicate to the applicable individuals to meet at a pre-arranged spot at 10pm on the day that it was posted. Then again, it could probably be the proverbial nerdy kid in the basement who does this rather than spray paint buildings.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    9 years ago
    Any interaction with a spammer (even negative) just indicates to them that they're "getting through", and they'll double down on posting more.

Ignore or report to founder. Anything else is tilting at windmills.
  • ButterMan
    9 years ago
    I've already added 3 of them to my ignore list. I don't even know what the fuck they are.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion