tuscl

State of the Union

flagooner
Everything written by this member is a fact.
Did anyone else get the sense that that speech was less a state of the union and more of a lecture?

22 comments

• dutchman2000
    9 years ago
    agreed.
  • Clackport
    9 years ago
    I don't know why they have to do these state of the unions at the end of their presidencies. No one cares, everyone is focused on the presidential candidates for 2016. Out with the old, in with the new.
  • shailynn
    9 years ago
    It's kinda like "yeah I can say what I want because I'm retiring to (insert destination here) and all of you can piss off." That goes for every outgoing president, not just the current one.

I was watching WVU smackdown Kansas instead.
  • etsutwigg222
    9 years ago
    Getting told what we need to do by someone that has no expenses and great health care. Boy I needed that.
  • vincemichaels
    9 years ago
    Darn it, I missed it. Oh well. So what did old loser lecture us about this time?
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    Fuck him
  • Clubber
    9 years ago
    etsut,

And likely the best security detail in the world for the rest of his life. What does he care if he lets thousands of possible terrorist into our country?

vm,

Likewise!
  • Timex345
    9 years ago
    He has never worked a day in his life.
    He will never know the struggles that I deal with on a daily basis.
    I think that he is pure evil with no moral compass.
    I am happy that this is his last year of bypassing Congress
    and writing Executive Actions. I never voted for him and he helped
    solidify how much I dislike Liberals in general.
    Big government and I get to support lazy people who don't want to work while I bust my ass every day.
  • twentyfive
    9 years ago
    It may have been a lecture but there are some people that needed to hear that, but as usual those are the ones that don't listen. Remember criticism is easy solutions are a lot more difficult.
  • twentyfive
    9 years ago
    He did and some of it was warranted.
  • Clubber
    9 years ago
    Such a condescending ass, why would I even listen to him?
  • crsm27
    9 years ago
    I agree with the lecture... and many of them who needed to listen were in attendance. Now you will think I am saying Republicans.... yes ... but also Democrats as well. He seemed pretty one sided but forgot that many of his Democrat buddies didn't try to "compromise" either. They all did nothing and have for years. Not just with this president.

All these elected officials forget that they have to make laws for all of the people not just their political party. Remember that both parties Dem and Rep only have about 40% of the masses. So they are already pissing off 60% of the nation if they vote on party lines.

But yes his speech seemed like he was trying to put the blame for everything on the Republicans. He should look in the mirror on some of this stuff and see how his party is doing. Yet they are all fucking blind to what really is going on in the nation.
  • twentyfive
    9 years ago
    The best line of the evening was directed at both parties the one about the only people that will have a long time job are seated in the audience and the need to do the work they are being paid to do.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    9 years ago
    I think that the last State of the Union that wasn't over 90% horseshit was delivered by Abe Lincoln.
  • Clubber
    9 years ago
    crsm,

Young fellow?

Don't remember the clinton Republican budget deal that BALANCED? Welfare was going down, but then obama canceled the the required to work part.
  • crsm27
    9 years ago
    Clubber.... That was over 15 years ago.

But yes... that is how long since they worked together!!! The sad part is they either ram legislation down our throat or block anything that would be good. Instead of compromise and make things work.

Like I stated... they all forget that from the get go they are pissing off 60% of the country
  • san_jose_guy
    9 years ago
    Lots of issues challenging out country, so explaining this is of course going to be a lecture.

SJG
  • MrDeuce
    9 years ago
    I'm 0-for-8 on State of the Union addresses by BHO and probably 0-for-28 since Reagan. I was at my favorite SC getting beaucoup lappers with a succession of young hotties -- time well spent. I did have an interesting political discussion with a strip club buddy and a smarter-than-average stripper about the relative virtues of Hillary, Sanders, Trump, and Cruz.
  • Dancer_
    9 years ago
    Ehhh, didn't even bother to watch, I bet everything he said was nonsense as usual.
  • Clubber
    9 years ago
    crsm,

"...anything that would be good."

See, that IS the problem. Control (the left's holy grail) of the citizens is NOT good!
  • crsm27
    9 years ago
    Clubber agree.... what I mean is that with all bills that are getting introduced there are good points mixed in with many bad. What the founding fathers wanted was that people would haggle and barter the good and bad of these bills to come up with something good for everyone in this country..... But now they are so fucking bull headed and one sided that they won't compromise. This is both sides.

Lets take the ACA (obamacare). I think this bill is fucking horrible and is doing nothing to help lower the costs of insurance one bit. I think the bill should be repealed and scrapped. Now with saying that there are some good things in this bill.....
    *** kids staying on parents policies until they are 26 (or so)....
    *** Some of the cost saving measures they are trying to implement with data sharing.....
    *** The accounting measures they put on insurance companies that they have to show where the money is going and that it isn't going into the CEO's pockets (yes contrary to popular belief they insurance companies are showing every $$ in and how every $$ goes out. it doesn't just go to the CEO's. The reason for record profits is because people don't use their insurance.) I could go on about this but it would be a 5 page paper explaining. But there is this measure which is good.

You see there was no debate in this bill it was rammed down our throat by a democratic congress and a democratic president. They had the control and knew it was time to strike. Especially with the emotions of the passing of Ted Kennedy they knew they would get those "swing" votes from their party based on emotion.

But again... I could go on and on. This isn't a political forum... it is about titties and ass....LOL

But yes I agree 100% with you clubber that the left's holy grail (government control) is not good at all. Look at history where people let the government in complete control don't have the progress that our nation has.
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    I just saw a small part – what struck me was Paul Ryan's face sitting behind Obama – he had a face like “man do I wanna kick this guy's ass” - LOL – I thought at some point Ryan was going-to get-up and punch Obama in the back of the head; LOL.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion