tuscl

Ken Griffey Jr. and Mike Piazza make the Hall of Fame

Yay!. Also glad to see Barry (cheater) Bonds not come close again. When he was a MVP in Pittsburgh, in the prime of his youth, his home runs usually barely scraped by the 380 ft mark in left center.

14 comments

• mikeya02
    9 years ago
    Rong, I meant right center
  • azdd
    9 years ago
    Next ballot for Trevor Hoffman. Didn't quite make it this time!
  • JamesSD
    9 years ago
    Two safe picks from a crowded field.

Trevor will get in in the next 2 years.
  • ButterMan
    9 years ago
    I liked griffey jr but I sure wish he could have stayed healthy and brought my reds another world series.
  • motorhead
    9 years ago
    Who were the 3 a-holes that didn't vote for Junior.

Baseball writers can be real pricks and hold a grudge for a lifetime

He should have been unanimous
  • mikeya02
    9 years ago
    Take a look at this list, Motor....baseball writers were real knuckle heads

http://www.baseball-almanac.com/hof/hofm…
  • Clackport
    9 years ago
    He hit 630 home runs, and he was injured A LOT in the second half of his career, that's insane. Just imagine how many HR's he would have hit if he was healthy the whole time.
  • JamesSD
    9 years ago
    Well, there's a certain game theory to HOF voting. If a shoo-in like Griffey doesn't need your vote, it can make sense to vote for your other pet projects instead to hope to help their chances or keep them on the ballot for next year.
  • ATACdawg
    9 years ago
    I understand that there is one particular voter who says that he never votes positively for ANYBODY. Go figure :-|
  • shailynn
    9 years ago
    "Who were the 3 a-holes that didn't vote for Junior."

Probably some faggot that left his ballot blank because Pete Rose isn't on there.
  • Estafador
    9 years ago
    Mike Piazza in the Hall of Fame? Good call, about time too.
  • pensionking
    9 years ago
    +1 JamesSD for your analysis. Due to the limits on the number of times a nominee may remain on the ballot and the requirements to remain on the ballot, your argument makes some sense.

Also, some writers intentionally lowball certain sure-thing nominees becuase they do not want their first-ballot vote totals to exceed certain luminaries from prior generations. I feel that the correct candidates make it eventually, with a very few exceptions.

Of all the major Halls-Of-Fame, I find the Baseball Hall the most interesting because of their exclusivity. Every other hall (including rock and roll hall) lets in too many people.
  • mikeya02
    9 years ago
    Also some writers have the strange idea that a player shouldn't get in his first year, but will vote for him the next year or two, as if the player has to wait to "earn" the votes. Trevor Hoffman for example
  • TheeOSU
    9 years ago
    I'm no longer much of a baseball fan but both of those guys deserve enshrinement.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion