tuscl

NFL playoffs are here!

Clackport
Washington
Tuesday, January 5, 2016 1:29 PM
This is my favorite time of the year. Who do you got going to the Super Bowl, and who do you got winning it?

I'm going to stick to my preseason prediction. I got the Seahawks coming out of the NFC, and the Patriots coming out of the AFC. So a Super Bowl rematch of last year. I think the Seahawks are on a mission to avenge their heartbreaking loss in last year's Super Bowl. I think they get revenge and beat the Patriots 23-17.

What do you think?

34 comments

• san_jose_guy
    9 years ago
    Super Bowl is just the opening act. Don't get too excited about it.

The real action is me, using that new $1.3 G stadium for feeding Christians to Lions.

SJG
  • Clackport
    9 years ago
    ^^^Lolol
  • Clackport
    9 years ago
    ^^^Detroit vs Tennessee in the toilet bowl!
  • mikeya02
    9 years ago
    SJG, the Romans lost that game a long time ago
  • motorhead
    9 years ago
    Rest assured that Crybaby Tommy won't win another ring.

The AFC is irrelevant this year. IRRELEVANT.

The Seahawks, Panthers and Cardinals from the NFC are all way above any team from the AFC.
  • san_jose_guy
    9 years ago
    Feeding Christians to lions was the greatest thing the Romans ever invented! This is what that stadium was built for.

SJG
  • ww
    9 years ago
    Panthers have to be favored and never bet against Brady & the Pats.
  • mikeya02
    9 years ago
    Have to go with Pittsburgh
  • rh48hr
    9 years ago
    I wish I could say Pittsburgh but I have no faith in that secondary if they face Brady. Offensively they can play with anyone but if DeAngelo Williams isn't healthy it'll be a short stay for my Steelers.
  • GoVikings
    9 years ago
    Lol silly clackport, the Seahawks aren't even gonna win this Sunday, let alone go all the way to the Super Bowl
  • Clackport
    9 years ago
    Lol GoVikings the Seahawks spanked the Vikings in Minnesota a month ago, and they'll do it again this Sunday. I don't think anyone is picking the Vikings to beat the Seahawks. At the beginning of the season you said the Seahawks had no shot at getting to the Super Bowl for the third straight year, and here we are heading to the playoffs with the Seahawks being the most dangerous team in the field.
  • JamesSD
    9 years ago
    Yeah, the vikings should win at home
  • GoVikings
    9 years ago
    Nah, I never said they had no shot. You're putting words in my mouth. I said the Seahawks making 3 straight Super Bowl appearances isn't likely. And I stand by that. It's just like your Super Bowl prediction. The same 2 teams from last year. Possible? Yes. Likely? No. How many times has the same 2 teams made it to back to back Superbowls? It's a good thing you aren't a betting man.
  • clubdude
    9 years ago
    Washington is going to shock the world!!!! Kirk Cousins will be the Superbowl MVP. I am stone cold sober writing this!!
  • jester214
    9 years ago
    Seahawks have to get through two tough games and potentially three if the Panthers win. Can they? Yeah, but I don't think they will.

If the Panthers will play to their potential they'll definitely go to the Superbowl, AFC is a coin toss.
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    Don't count out the Pats; I'm sure they can always find a way to cheat their way to the Super Bowl.
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    I don't follow sports as much as I used to back in the day (for me this was the 1980s).

Back then there was no salary-cap and the good teams could put together and maintain dynasties and well-rounded teams.

With today's salary-cap it seems almost all teams have glaring weaknesses whether it be on offense or defense and most teams are unable to keep many of their good players b/c of salary-cap restrictions.

I have not really followed the NFL much this year; but it seems AZ may be the team w/ the least weaknesses/deficiencies.
  • jackslash
    9 years ago
    Steelers--I want to win.
    Patriots--I think will win.
  • GoVikings
    9 years ago
    I'll be at the strip club watching my Vikings beat up on the Seahawks this Sunday. Naked women, football and beer. What's better than that?
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    It's supposed to be below zero for the Vikings game and I believe they are playing outdoors.
  • GoVikings
    9 years ago
    Chulo---yeah, they're playing outdoors, because we don't start playing in our brand NEW stadium (a dome) until next season.

• Clackport
    9 years ago
    My Texans got spanked. We have a Super Bowl caliber defense, we just need a God damn QB. Hopefully we can get Kaepernick or RG3, they'll be on the trading market.

The Seahawks are my second favorite team, and they're a six point favorite on the road. If I was a betting man I would not take the points, the Seahawks are gonna kill the Vikings.
  • GoVikings
    9 years ago
    i can't wait for tomorrow
  • motorhead
    9 years ago
    The Bengals lost again.

Marvin Lewiis' playoff record is now oh for the History of time.

And this loss is squarely on the shoulders of the head coach. He can't control his players. Stupid plays and penalties lost this game.
  • sflguy123
    9 years ago
    #NoWords

The Steeler vs Cincy game was unlike any game I ever saw(and I've seen a lot).

My Steelers won!!!

Don't know how or if they deserved it.

Ppl on both sides can give valid arguments. For example Ryan Shazier should have had a TD on that fumble he recovered on the helmet to helmet hit on the Cincy RB.

Unfortunately for Pittsburgh I gotta guess Antonio Brown will miss next weeks game against Denver. Ben R will probably play though and RB DeAngelo Williams.

Pittsburgh's fortunate for the win so can't complain.
  • rh48hr
    9 years ago
    Sflguy- I'm a Steelers fan and Shazier's hit should have been a penalty to start, he lowered his head and hit with the crown of his helmet. But they didn't call it and they blew the whistle which makes the play dead and no player can advance.
    Regardless - I'm happy for the win and we have an extra day for everyone to hopefully get as healthy as possible.
  • JamesSD
    9 years ago
    I wish the Vikings weren't playing at 10 AM West Coast time. Seriously, this is the Playoffs.

Not too shocked the Bengals lost. They've been pretty mediocre since Dalton got hurt.
  • Clackport
    9 years ago
    Seahawks!! Yeah baby!
  • Clackport
    9 years ago
    30 minutes later I'm still in shock.
  • rickdugan
    9 years ago
    Edelman is finally coming back, which should open up the Pats offense a lot. I think that with two weeks to prepare and rest injured guys, the Pats are going to be hard to beat in the playoffs. Like someone else said, I see a Pats - Seahawks rematch in the making.
  • Clubber
    9 years ago
    Sorry, Vike!
  • minnow
    9 years ago
    OMG, all 5th/6th seeders advanced to next round, and not a single 3rd/4th seed. I'm not terribly surprised since 2 of the "division leaders" had worse records than the wild cards. I'm not terribly surprised this happened, but one could have expected at least 1 or 2 division leaders to advance.

Moving on to the Super Bowl....... There are 9 potential intriguing matchups in that some teams could play "The Avenge Bowl"- e.g. playing a team that beat them in a prior SB with an opportunity to avenge the loss. Potential matchups follows with loser listed first, then winner, and year of subject Super Bowl. Here goes:

Chiefs vs Packers (1967-Super Bowl I), Steelers vs Packers (2011), Patriots vs Packers (1997), Broncos vs Seahawks (2014), Cardinals vs Steelers (2009), Panthers vs Patriots (2004), Seahawks vs Steelers (2006), Seahawks vs Patriots (2015), Packers vs Broncos (1998).
  • san_jose_guy
    9 years ago
    What exactly is this Super Bowl?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZnhCcj4…

SJG
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion