tuscl

Pole Dancers Using the #NotAStripper Hashtag Get Well-Deserved Pushback From Str

jackslash
Detroit strip clubs
Pole dancing has become a popular form of exercise, and some women are trying to distance pole dancing from its stripper origins. Personally, I think the pole should be referred to as a "stripper pole" and that pole dancing competitions should require at least partial nudity.

http://www.themarysue.com/yes-a-stripper…

13 comments

• NinaBambina
    9 years ago
    I can't stand those types of women.
  • 4got2wipe
    9 years ago
    #YesAStripper = brilliant!
  • motorhead
    9 years ago
    #NotAStripper
    Trades oral sex for a joint VISA card

#YesAStripper
    Trades oral sex for cash

#Wife
    What's oral sex?
  • rh48hr
    9 years ago
    +1 motor
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    +2 motor...lmfao!!!
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    A leopard can't change his spots
  • Clackport
    9 years ago
    That Elle chick dances in my hometown. I've seen her at a couple different strip clubs. Nice girl, but not my type.
  • 4got2wipe
    9 years ago
    "#NotAStripper
    Trades oral sex for a joint VISA card

#YesAStripper
    Trades oral sex for cash

#Wife
    What's oral sex?"

Brilliant!
  • Cheo_D
    9 years ago
    Love it, @motorhead.

However, yes @Rech, that is too often what you do see at the club (except last fall at Tootsie's where, wonder of wonders, I saw someone REALLY strip AND really DO polework in the same set. So have faith brothers)

And yeah, I agree, it's lame to try and deny where the pole dancing fashion came from.
  • Phoenix133
    9 years ago
    I'm one for pole dance and stripping being two different things. In fact I do both I did pole fitness before I ever did stripping. Coming from the fitness prospective into stripping I learned fast that there is a giant difference. I found out quick that honestly very few guys cared about my pole tricks and that it created a sort of distance and lack of connection. And so despite tricks being cool I learned to pull away from the pole and spend more time doing floor work and using eye contact with my customers and basically trying to act as naughty as possible on stage. It was effective. I do some tricks but nothing ever to crazy cause I never get tipped enough for my efforts and that shit is hard to keep up all night. Especially if you only have a couple girls and a busy night so your litterly either in the back or on the stage 24/7

So to me stripping is way different it's not about the art or dance so much at all. Stripping to me is about being sexy and naughty, and flaunting your sex appeal. The pole if anything is more of a prop in stripping to help you show yourself off. It all comes down to the money in stripping and showing off your body.

In pole fitness the pole is your center. You dance as an art and since of expression. There is no removing of clothes because it's not about your body, it's about your dance and the story your telling with it. I actually plan to eventually compete in pole competition one day. :)
  • Subraman
    9 years ago
    I totally get why the "pole dancing community" (lol) would want to distance themselves from a marginalized group like strippers. On the other hand, fuck them -- their "art" came from stripping, the pol dancing community as a whole should be paying it backwards (as it were), to change views on stripping and strip clubs, de-marginalize strippers and pay homage to some of the true pole dancing artists in the stripper community. Ya, that'll never happen tho.
  • Phoenix133
    9 years ago
    Well from the perspective of both again. A pole dance can't really change the view on stripping till strippers change that view on themselves. They can try by not separating themselves from stripping however as long as strippers are doing extras and so on then society will always frown upon it. :( and men expect extras from strippers at this point it would be a hard line to reverse.

And yes some strippers do some ariel tricks and actually hard pole tricks. But a stripper in society isn't really the same as a pole fitness dancer. By society definition a stripper is a person who removes his or her clothes in a sexually exciting way. A pole fitness dancer doesn't remove clothing at all and in fact it is band in competition. You can have something a little cheeky but that is all.

Also from reading that article truth is pole dance derived from several different origins, yes chinese pole was one of them, and actually there are some pole dance tricks classified as chinese pole work that resembles actual chinese pole (this stuff I doubt you could do in heels it takes bare feet I know from experience. ), it also has roots in india, and like the article mentioned France and so on. America made it into the sex industry, but the art itself wasn't born there. America's sex industry simply brought it to attention.

Since pole fitness did not purely come from America's sex industry I do not feel pole fitness dancers owe strippers anything in fact if you look at most of the tricks they do they were invited by other pole fitness dancers! Everyday lots of pole fitness enthusiasts attempt to come up with a new move. ( I myself have tried getting in advance moves and messed up at one point or another and ended up in a strange but cool move just to later find out it was already invented and called whatever.)

On another note I don't think the #not a stripper was ment to bash on strippers, even though it did, I think it was them trying to get there own respect because face it strippers are not respected for what they do and I doubt they ever will because of all the prostitution that goes on in and outside the strip club. It will probably always be shunned and the pole fitness community just didn't want there artsy more modest version to have the same bad stigma because many people do not see them as too separate things. Again I don't think it was ment out of hate just them trying to keep the bad stigma off themselves. I know before I ever became a stripper I hated when people automatically just assumed I stripped cause I pole danced! It irritated me to no end because I did pole dancing for myself not for anyone else. It was my art, my fitness, my stress relief, my time to express myself. And when I did become a stripper (needed money knew the guy managing the club and I already had pole skill) I didn't dance the same any more. I danced for men (and women) and I danced for money. I danced not in ways to express my feelings and creativity, but I danced in ways that flaunted my sexual skills and my features. I was no longer dancing for my approval and enjoyment, but for the men and women around me instead. I was dancing not for fun any more but as work, I was no longer dancing for me.
  • ReiDetroit
    9 years ago
    I strip and also do pole fitness. I, too, want to compete one day. The argument between polers and strippers is never ending and completely pointless. Guys go to strip clubs to see tits. Women go to strip clubs to see fits, judge the ladie negatively, and do enjoy the pole work more than often. I enjoy stripping and pole dancing, so I try to enjoy both. Even if I don't get tipped what I feel I deserve, I still perform the shit out of my stage shows because I love the tricks.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion