tuscl

Money from Tattoos (SW discussion)

Subraman
Car key and wallet dating your sister
https://www.stripperweb.com/forum/showth…

Here are some choice quotes, each from a different poster--
------------
"Charge every time someone asks you what your tattoo means. Seriously, anybody that has a tattoo in another language like I do knows how often we're asked (often pestered and personal space is invaded) so let's try it. Got a single character? Charge a dollar. A whole couple sentences? Fuck yeah charge 5 bucks or more"

"I tell them to give me money or fuck off. Simple. At my home club guys know better than to ask about my ink without first offering tribute."

"Typically I say something like, "You can have a much better look at it upstairs" I just literally don't answer any personal questions on the floor."

"That's a personal question and personal questions are $5 or free with a dance"
-------------------------------------------------

I rarely ask about tattoos, because I find them a trashy turnoff, and I'd rather just ignore them. But taking things at face value for a moment ... Have you ever had a girl try to charge you just for asking about a tattoo? Do girls tell you that "personal questions" (although we can argue about how "personal" it is to ask about an openly-displayed tattoo) cost money to answer or are free with a dance? Is this the kind of bullshit you nightshift guys have to deal with, any attempt at conversation yields a "pay more or take me for a dance" response??? Whether it's about tattoos or not, does every -- or ANY -- lightly personal question yield this kind of response?

I ask because I've been SCing longer than many of these women have been alive, and I have NEVER gotten this type of response (pay me or buy a dance) from any stripper, dayshift or nightshift, across many strip clubs in several states. Is this just the typical "SW girls pretending to act a certain way to look good on SW, but don't actually remotely act that way ITC", or are there high-hustle clubs with uber-hustler strippers who pull this off? What's your experience?

19 comments

• JamesSD
    9 years ago
    I think there really are two kinds of tattoos on strippers/women. The ones they love to tell you about, and the ones that are more personal and private and they wish they could hide.

It also falls into the category of "things they hear twenty times a night and get bored of".
  • Subraman
    9 years ago
    Yep, I imagine it's excruciatingly boring to hear that question 20 times a night. But then again, this is a fucking JOB, and they're dealing with CUSTOMERS. Of course he's going to be interested, tattoos are an obvious small-talk starter. I can just imagine our phone support guys in our call center telling us they're "bored" of getting the same questions over and over LOL! Nowhere but in the over-entitled minds of strippers!
  • twentyfive
    9 years ago
    Tell her to go fuck herself cause she's an idiot.
  • rockstar666
    9 years ago
    Why get large tattoos that everyone can see if you don't want to talk about it? It's like driving a Ferrari and complaining when everyone wants to know about the car.
  • Estafador
    9 years ago
    "That's a personal question and personal questions are $5 or free with a dance" A personal question about something that is up for public view. Yeah makes perfect sense (sarcasm)
  • Estafador
    9 years ago
    obviously these girls are a crock of shit. If they really were making bread and working at high maintenance/high-hustle/high quality clubs, they wouldn't bother with online shenanigans like SW.
  • Subraman
    9 years ago
    Estafador---> "A personal question about something that is up for public view. Yeah makes perfect sense (sarcasm)"

Evidently, some guys actually have the temerity to tell her that!

Over-entitled SW girl --->"You're gonna piss guys off otherwise and get the inevitable "well don't get tattoos if you don't want guys to ask what they mean". Fuckers. "
  • rh48hr
    9 years ago
    Unless it's something unique, I don't ask. I'm not a huge fan of tats but they don't bother me like they used to. But in the situations where it has been part of the conversation, I've never experienced that issue.
  • jackslash
    9 years ago
    Charge for asking about tattoos? If a stripper tried that with me, I would never talk to her again.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    9 years ago
    A fair amount of what I see posted there falls into the category of stuff dancers *wish* they could say and do. Not all, but a fair amount. Then again, I think that there's a good portion of hyperbole and keyboard courage here, as well.

I've never asked about a stripper's tattoos, because I assume that I'll get a line of bullshit if it's a personal answer. Also, with only a few exceptions, I've hardly ever see a stripper with good tattoos. Trying to charge me for asking about tattoos would likely end our conversation.
  • Subraman
    9 years ago
    C.M.I. -- I think you're exactly right about "stuff dancers WISH they could say and do", which was at least part of my point. When I first started reading SW, I was amazed how what was being described there, and how strippers behaved, was like no strip club I'd ever been to. Chili Palmer's "I've met a couple dozen SW girls, almost all did extras, and laughed about how they lied about it on SW" post rings true to me ... yes, most of you are doing extras, no, you're not charging guys to ask about your tattoos, no, half of you have NOT broken guys' noses for touching your ass (even if I agree those guys might deserve it), etc.

And yes, there's plenty of hyperbole and keyboard commando'ing here, too, although even trying to be as impartial as I can, I think SW has things at a whole 'nother level. We're pikers at being poseurs, compared to them, and that's saying something.
  • shadowcat
    9 years ago
    I've never asked a stripper anything concerning her tattoos. I'm old school. If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all.
  • Corvus
    9 years ago
    I rarely have ever asked a dancer about her ink, and when I have its been well into our conversation. But I imagine if I did ask and the response was $5 or a dance, I would tell her to get away from me and not come back.

How's that for keyboard courage.
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    It seems to me most people in SCs (custies *and* dancers) prefer to keep convos as generic as possible.

These days the most I'll ask is:

+ what other clubs have you danced at

+ how long you've been dancing

+ where you raised in this area

+ or just general convo about the club
  • Lone_Wolf
    9 years ago
    I can't recall ever asking about a tat. Mostly because I'm not interested and I figure they've been asked about them constantly. If a dancer ever tried to charge me for some BS like that, she would never get another dime out of me. In fact, whenever a dancer mentions money to spend time with me or drink with me, we go our separate ways very quickly.
  • Subraman
    9 years ago
    One month later, a follow-up from that thread:

charlie61--->"I never win any points from hustles like this. I might get the $5, but then I'll lose the dance sale. Guys tend to be turned off by miniature exchanges like that, unless you can really pull off the playful / party / fun vibe. Otherwise they feel like they're being nickel-and-dimed for asking a fairly basic question.

I understand that tattoos are very personal for their owners, and I understand that not every dancer wants to broadcast her tattoos to the world, even if she has to in order to work as a stripper. But this is one of those take-it-in-stride things that just comes with the territory, IMO. We all get asked about moles, scars, any anything else on our bodies that is different or gets their attention. It's part of being a dancer. So I guess my advice would be to come up with a short, cute, stock answer that you use all of the time so that you don't feel emotionally invested in your answer. Lie about the meaning of the tattoo or just say "I thought it was pretty!" *wink*

Defensive hustles don't work for me. More power to you if they work for you! I'd rather answer the stupid question and change topics to close the sale on a dance instead. "-------->

Charlie61 has had some good advice in some of the other SW comedies/tragedies I've been posting, and for me, this advice was right-on also. She used a more dispassionate tone than I would have, but her main points were right on.

1. Learn to take it in stride, it comes with the territory

2. If it bugs you or you consider it personal, come up with some cutesy reply

3. Trying to nickel-and-dime every little thing, as so often espoused on SW, is going to be a huge turn-off for most guys. No way a girl who tries to get $5 from me for asking about her tattoo, is going to get $5, much less the $300 I might have otherwise spent on her.
  • georgmicrodong
    9 years ago
    Apparently I missed this one the first time around.

Any dancer who demanded I pay for an explanation of her tattoos would never have to worry about me talking to her again. Ever.
  • Subraman
    9 years ago
    gmd: of course. Yet aside from charlie61, the other SW girls LOVE the idea. Can you imagine this ever working? Do you think they're purposely trying to encourage other girls' atrocious ideas to reduce the level of competition? Or is it that they've constructed a consensus reality that's so disconnected from actual strip clubs that they really believe what they're saying? Astonishingly, I'm pretty sure it's the latter that's the explanation.
  • georgmicrodong
    9 years ago
    I think there's an element of delusion involved, as you say. I also think there's an element of playing to their audience, as in "How badass can I make everybody here think I am?" On the other hand, it seems likely that SW is no more immune to trolls and pranksters than is TUSCL. :)
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion