tuscl

My First ROB

IHearVoices
954 (South Florida)
Tuesday, December 29, 2015 6:35 AM
Not talking about the girl who over-counts the songs by 1 or whatever: I think we've all had that...last night I went to Playhouse in Hallandale and I got four dances from this beautiful - I mean, seriously: if I made my perfect dancer it'd be her - girl. Latin, brown hair, proportionate, a little bit of an accent, good mileage (which I've noticed to be somewhat common among girls there). Everything was great during the dances, and I was all ready for song #5. We agreed on the count and then she said I owed her $200 at that point. What the...I countered and said it was 100. After 15 seconds of back and forth, I literally picked her up off me and ended the dance. We went to the song count guy. He told her a number (I didn't hear). She told me $120. He pulled her back and talked to her again. She finally said $100. I paid it and from that point you could see steam coming from my ears for the rest of the night. Why, though? She could've easily...and I mean easily...gotten the other $100 from me by simply dancing for it. I'd gotten about $200 of dances from a girl in each of my two previous visits (different girl each time) and she was by far the best looking of the three. Her dances were a close second. Sigh...I wouldn't even be mad if she were some basic looking chick. She had CF potential, though; and threw it all away over $100 she ended up not getting. Oh well: shout out to the song count guy for being honest and correct about the count.

18 comments

• twentyfive
    9 years ago
    You should out her, but good for you standing your ground. Best not to be intimidated by these bitches.
  • GoVikings
    9 years ago
    yeah, 200 bucks after 4 songs, would mean 50 bucks a song. There's no way that's right, even if these songs were in VIP This sorta thing has actually never happened to me, mainly because the vast majority of clubs I've been to are pre-pay. I certainly don't prefer pre-pay, but that's just how the clubs around here operate
  • Clubber
    9 years ago
    I wrote in a review, [view link] of the one time it happened to me. Didn't get anyone else involved, and would have paid what she asked for if a bouncer/manager said I had to, my being in an unknown club as a cripple unknown. :) We learn from our encountered problems as we club through life.
  • Subraman
    9 years ago
    IHearVoice---> "Why, though? She could've easily...and I mean easily...gotten the other $100 from me by simply dancing for it." You're thinking like a normal person (well, normal for tuscl, anyway) -- if you can work for your money, why steal it? We have no idea what psychology was at play here, but there are definitely people who get off by ripping other people off... you can certainly imagine someone with low self esteem making themselves feel better by getting over on someone else, plus the thrill of it all. You just can't think like someone with normal psychology.
  • WetWilly
    9 years ago
    Sorry it happened. Visit enough clubs, get enough dances, and it is almost inevitable.
  • Clackport
    9 years ago
    I'm glad you stood your ground.
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    Good job standing your ground. The guy in charge of the dances was probably laughing his ass off
  • IHearVoices
    9 years ago
    That was the funniest thing about it: she tried to ROB me within earshot of him after he corrected her. I did see him laugh, probably because he knew I wasn't having it. People say I have this look on my face when I'm angry, which I probably had last night. If the guy sided with her, I'd have gone straight to a manager and then to the DJ to get the playlist (they play hip hop, so I know the songs). Outside of the money being literally pulled out of my pocket, there was no way I was paying $200. They could've said they were going to ban me if I paid $100 and I wouldn't have cared - why would I, it's South Florida: Tootsie's, Mint, Scarlett's, KOD, The Office, and Cheetah Hallandale are all within 10 minutes. I do let a lot of small stuff go, but that was obviously too much. It's not even the money: it's about her having the ability to tell her girls "I came up off this guy"...can't have that. I owe it to all the PLs. Code.
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    “…Why, though? …” She’s a stripper. That’s why I don’t trust strippers any farther than I can throw-them – it seems w/ many of them the nicer or more generous one is; the more they actually get the urge to take advantage of you – it’s almost like a stripper-gene and they can’t help themselves and often will end-up biting the hand.
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    But kudos to you for standing-up to her; too many green SCers will coward-and-cave and give her the $$$ or come to an agreement which is still higher than the cost of the dances.
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    If it was me and I wanted to bother; I still would have talked to the manager (I’ve done it b/f w.r.t. a ROB and management knew she was a ROB and she was asked to leave the club once I talked to the manager). I may have talked to the manager if not for me but for the next PL who may not have the balls to stand-up to her or to put management on-notice that way next-time she pulls that shit management will know it’s a pattern and probably X her ass.
  • sflguy123
    9 years ago
    "beautiful - I mean, seriously: if I made my perfect dancer it'd be her" I've been to this club, reviewed it, I'm surprised you found a girl you found that highly of as this is a middle to low end club. Maybe she's been fired from the other clubs for pulling this or she knows she's not gonna be there long.
  • Clubber
    9 years ago
    sflguy, We all have our preferences. It's been many many years since I was in the Playhouse and nothing there was I interested in. However, I did find my ATF in what is now Extacy, formally way back, Gator Kicks, south of Cutler Ridge on US1. Likely you know of it. There were also a few other names over the years, but it was pretty much a lower end club. Just left a dancer from there many many years ago. She is a local barmaid in a place I water down.
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    She must have been in the holiday ROBing mood
  • gawker
    9 years ago
    Maybe she has very poor math skills.
  • Estafador
    8 years ago
    I never had a girl over count the songs. I just get women who beg for tips like homeless people on a subway. I must be real lucky or my tall dark and handsome intimidating self must do wonders to keep people in check.
  • carlos_spiceyweiner
    8 years ago
    You did the right thing. Please make sure you pot a review and out her name. It was good to see the club back you.
  • 3LeggedMan
    8 years ago
    I once had a dancer inform me in VIP that I would need to tip her $100 to touch any private area. When I declined her generous offer she made a point of reminding me how much better her dance would be with the tip paid. She won't ever see another dollar of my money.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion