tuscl

A few facts about ‘Exotic Dancing’ you likely didn’t know (20 Photos)

jackslash
Detroit strip clubs
I question many of these "facts." However, the story contains some good photos.

http://thechive.com/2015/12/22/a-few-fac…

14 comments

• shadowcat
    9 years ago
    Yeah. Some of those facts are questionable. I know Canada has closed the door to foreign strippers.
  • Phoenix133
    9 years ago
    I could believe them
  • jestrite50
    9 years ago
    I also find most of what I see here to be true according to the girls I know. I have no knowledge of Canadian dancers so have no idea about that but I believe 90% of this to be true according to the girls I know and have talked with.
  • motorhead
    9 years ago
    The article references a study by Leeds University. That's in England. Maybe these "facts" apply to UK dancers, not dancers in the USA.

If 33% of strippers are active, current students, (for real - not just saying they are) I'll quit my hobby.

And saying dancers "easily" make $122,000 per year might be a bit overstated. Yeah, some do. But easily? Not here.
  • Estafador
    9 years ago
    Eww, they do best when they're ovulating? That's disgusting!
  • bang69
    9 years ago
    Being a former strip club employee. so facts are true some are false
  • georgmicrodong
    9 years ago
    How is ovulating disgusting?

The reasons for this one are suspected to be that women are more outgoing and personable when ovulating, and men are reacting to the pheromones that women tend to release during that time frame.

I personally can't see anything at all "disgusting" about that.
  • dallas702
    9 years ago
    Estafador, perhaps you are confusing ovulating with menstruating?
  • Subraman
    9 years ago
    ^^^ for that matter, I've known a few women who are SUPER horny when they're menstruating.
  • former_stripper
    9 years ago
    I haven't met many strippers in all my years of dancing who came from middle class homes. I did (my parents are still married)but I was one of those truly stripping for college (and later to pursue certain careers). Actually, I did know a few stripping for college but the vast majority were from low income families and usually had a kid with a baby daddy not a husband. Most get in it because of the money and when they realize they have to work for that money most quit.
  • WetWilly
    9 years ago
    I sure hope Estafador is very young :-)
  • vincemichaels
    9 years ago
    One of my ATF's was in college for her teaching degree. I ran into her a few years ago at The Penthouse Club
  • vincemichaels
    9 years ago
    By then, she had her degree, so we talked. She was with a guy, wasn't working the club. It was good to see her again.
  • Hugh_G_Rection
    9 years ago
    excuse me if I sneeze....ah...ah...ah...BULLshit!!!!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion