tuscl

Vocally putting people on ignore?

4got2wipe
In a brilliant place!
Do you usually tell people when you put them on ignore? I'm curious about why!

There are a few people who I find negative and I've put one of them on ignore because he seemed obsessed with me! I can't remember if I said I was putting them on ignore but I have been ignoring him! No not logging in and reading his posts etc.

I think that telling people you have them on ignore just stirs them up if they're in the mood to post jokes!

No disrespect if you've done this! I'm just wondering if you've done it and, if you have, if you're trying to make a point and get the goat of folks you're putting on ignore. Extreme cases of posting your whole ignore list like rickdugan are clearly an attempt to stir up trouble or they are clueless d-baggery. Not sure which!

Brilliant thoughts on the question of "intentional effort to stir up trouble" or "clueless d-baggery" are also welcome!

20 comments

• jackslash
    9 years ago
    I would not bother to tell someone why I've put them on ignore.
  • shailynn
    9 years ago
    I'm putting you on ignore right now because of this thread, and because you have a dirty ass.
  • twentyfive
    9 years ago
    Telling people whom you put on ignore is stupid, just looking for a fight. I don't bother putting people on ignore I just ignore their prattling by scrolling past their posts, but I like to have the posts in case there is a reference to something that I am reading so I can go back and understand what was being said if I need to.
  • MrDeuce
    9 years ago
    I have 16 on my Ignore list, falling mainly into categories of people who:
    * intentionally write like idiots
    * post the same drivel dozens or hundreds of times in a row
    * are racist.
    I tend to announce it when I add someone to my list, not to stir up trouble but merely as information.

Some discussion threads are amazingly shortened as a result. On one thread last night I saw 0 out of 581 posts.
  • Mate27
    9 years ago
    ^^^^^ Sensitive are we? You must be one of the several Rickyboy alias that belongs in the faggitry club.
  • sclvr5005
    9 years ago
    No point in announcing it. Just do it and move on.
  • chessmaster
    9 years ago
    If you announce it I feel like your not serious, just want a reaction.
  • TheeOSU
    9 years ago
    "Some discussion threads are amazingly shortened as a result. On one thread last night I saw 0 out of 581 posts."

^
    Lol, yes some of those guys have way too much time on their hands to post their crap but I don't have anyone on ignore even though I do ignore lots of threads and comments.
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    "Sensitive are we? You must be one of the several Rickyboy alias that belongs in the faggitry club."

Haha...mrduker is a pussy
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    "Sensitive are we? You must be one of the several Rickyboy alias that belongs in the faggitry club."

Haha...mrduker is a pussy
  • Mate27
    9 years ago
    Totally^^^^! I once jokingly stated a germiphobe like mentality in the club was likely to be of Seinfeld like heritage. Ignore! What a pussy. Like being germiphobe and called out for it is racist. Guilty!
  • ilbbaicnl
    9 years ago
    If I thought anything positive could come from telling someone why I was putting them on ignore, I wouldn't be putting them on ignore.
  • MrDeuce
    9 years ago
    Meat72, now that we're bros and all, I just want to point out that your reply to the germophobe who was freaking out about "ear herpes" from having a stripper's tongue in his ear was "Must be Jewish". Also, your "props" to two of my recent reviews said:
    Still doing business in Peoria? Guess you can't retire at your age unless you hang on to every nickel you make, like a good Heeb.
    Nice review. Any sweet smells up the old hook nose?

I don't actually think you're anti-Semitic, but you can see why these three posts would lead me to think so.
  • 4got2wipe
    9 years ago
    "If I thought anything positive could come from telling someone why I was putting them on ignore, I wouldn't be putting them on ignore."

Brilliant!
  • just_the_nuts
    9 years ago
    I just ignored every sumbitch that contributed to this piece of shit thread
  • 4got2wipe
    9 years ago
    "I just ignored every sumbitch that contributed to this piece of shit thread"

Say it isn't so just_the_nuts! ;)
  • just_the_nuts
    9 years ago
    : 0
  • Mate27
    9 years ago
    Like being a germiphobe and Jewish is a bad thing? It's like stating Germans are stubborn. News flash, they are!

It's like the French are good cooks. They are!

It's like blacks are good at sports. They are!

And dogs are barkers! U catch my drift. Most Jewish people are extremely particular about germs to a fault that they overspend time cleaning. Two Jewish friends of mine whenever boarding a plane will always take out a sanitizing wet wipe that they brought from home and wipe down the whole seat before sitting, and they both freak out when seeing someone in bare feet. It's a common stereotype.
  • PhantomGeek
    9 years ago
    I mention that I'm putting someone on Ignore because they can't see me shaking my head and walking away.
  • Mate27
    9 years ago
    Homos use the ignore button.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion