tuscl

Strip Club Music

EastCoaster
I strongly prefer women of color. Every color.
Wednesday, November 25, 2015 7:36 AM
As a working musician, I'm usually drawn instinctively to any music I hear, but in a strip club I tend not to pay much attention to it (unless it's too loud to allow conversation) because my focus is always on the girls. However, I want to pose a couple of questions to the group here on TUSCL to see if any of you can shed light on a particular kind of music that I hear only in strip clubs. Let me add that in my life outside the clubs, I don't hear much rap or hip-hop, and regardless of the genre, I am usually focused more on the music than on the lyrics. However, there are times when something I hear really stands out in one way or another. What I'm asking about today is the kind of songs where the lyrics are specifically about strippers, lap dances, and VIPs, or they are so sexually graphic that I doubt the songs could be played on the radio. There's one song I've heard where in the auto-tuned chorus the guy sweetly croons "You know I really wanna fuuuuuuuck you..." and another where the girl says "I wanna show you my pussy." There are others, but you get the idea and I'm sure you've heard this type of lyrics before. Yes, I'm aware that in 1975, Barry White recorded "Love Serenade, " which includes the lyrics "I wanna see you the way you came into the world, I don't wanna feel no clothes, I don't wanna see no panties. And take off that brassiere, my dear." But what I'm hearing today seems much more explicit. My questions: Are songs like these played on the radio anywhere? Are they available on services like SiriusXM, Spotify, or Pandora? Are there studios that produce music just for strip clubs? Are there artists who make a living in this genre? Is there a name for this genre? Have I just been living under a rock and this is somehow mainstream now and I missed the launch party? Inquiring minds want to know.

15 comments

• rockstar666
    9 years ago
    Same with me. I play classic rock in a working band, and clubs usually are heavy on dance/stripper music which I never hear outside the club. I've asked dancers about the music and they actually like a wide variety. They also all wish they could pick their own tunes for when they go on stage, but unless they get the DJ to go along, it's random. When the owner is in, you'll never hear classic rock or metal because, in his words, it's "music for heroin addicts". Last week when I was in the club, I walked in to a Disturbed song (The Sickness) and I knew right away the owner was nowhere to be found.
  • JohnSmith69
    9 years ago
    There is a large segment of rap music that focuses in whole or in part upon strip clubs and/or strippers. While I hear this music to some extent in clubs, most of my familiarity with it comes from strippers playing it on dates. I'm often amazed by this cause the rap artists are more disrespectful towards strippers than the worst trolls on TUSCL. In most songs (though there are exceptions) strippers are sung about by the rappers as sexual objects worthy of repeatedly sucking and fucking but nothing else. I call it stripper rap. I have asked strippers why they like music that is so degrading to them but I have never gotten an intelligible response. I think it's just part of the youth culture today, and they just go along with it without thinking about the implications of the lyrics. I now like some of these songs as they remind me of some very special sexual times with some wonderful young sluts. As an aside, if you don't understand the lyrics, you can ask a stripper to translate. It's amazing some of the street jargon that I now understand through rap. If you get high and listen to the music, it will also make a lot more sense. I think much of this music is now mainstream. My son has some of the songs on his phone for example and he's not a strip club regular. I don't think you can play some of this music on the radio without editing but I'd be willing to bet that you can hear it on satellite radio where there are not many rules. It's also freely available on aps like pandora which is how I think most young people get their music these days. I just shazam what I like and download it on iTunes. iTunes has almost all of the raunchiest stuff.
  • .juicebox69
    9 years ago
    Music is for pussies Drink beer and cry your self asleep like a real mang be about
  • .juicebox69
    9 years ago
    The only music i enjoy is the cries of whores needing to suck dick for rent monea moooneeeaaa
  • Subraman
    9 years ago
    ---> "My questions: Are songs like these played on the radio anywhere? Are they available on services like SiriusXM, Spotify, or Pandora?" I occasionally hear "clean" versions of some of these types of songs. I am quite certain there's a wider audience for these types of songs beyond the strip club, but I'm also quite certain that I am not in the target demographic :) Probably not a coincidence, the clubs I go to tend to not play these types of explicit songs -- in fact, two of the clubs have a "Little or No Rap Music" policy in general. I actually dig the music I hear in the alcohol clubs I go to, and in at least one of the nude/extras clubs I go to (the girls generally pick their own music in that club, but the DJ has to approve)... I Shazam or SoundHound a song at least once or twice per trip, I thiink
  • .juicebox69
    9 years ago
    I fucked Pandora's box
  • sharkhunter
    9 years ago
    I never hear some of the more graphic music on the radio that I sometimes hear in a strip club. I don't know the names of the songs but tunes like "let me see your pussy" or however it goes and occasionally some other tunes. I only hear mainstream music on the large radio stations I listen to. Now when I lived in a different location I occasionally listened to the University radio station. They played some off the wall tunes but nothing that graphic. The music does show up on youtube videos.
  • sharkhunter
    9 years ago
    I listen to rock, classic rock, and power rock and/or an Ozzy Osbourne station on my satellite. I like the Ozzy station a lot. Some pop rock.
  • gawker
    9 years ago
    My ATF once burned a CD for me with her favorite music. Most of it I was familiar with - Eminem, Three Days Grace, etc) but when Buckcherry's Crazy Bitch played, I laughed my ass off, cuz that was her - a crazy bitch. The explicit lyrics could make a 109 year old sailor blush, but I actually got used to it and as JS69 pointed out, every time I hear it, I remember it blasting in my car's sound system as she gave exquisite road head. Even most "mainstream" rockers & rappers have explicit lyrics which don't get played on commercial radio.
  • georgmicrodong
    9 years ago
    There's music in clubs?
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    I'm no rap connoisseur; but it seems many rap artists do/create two versions of a song; a “clean” version which can be played on radio; and a “dirty” version which is often the more popular-one and played in places like strip-clubs. Rap/hip-hop came from the streets/hoods; and that is how the streets/hoods talk to a large extent AFAIK.
  • rockstar666
    9 years ago
    My last band used a song I wrote about my then ATF as our demo because it really rocked, but I used her stage name in it which I was afraid of at first, but a month after I sent it to her, all the dancers knew who I was because she shared it with everyone since it had both her name and references to dancing in public. It's a bar friendly, only slightly derivative rock tune; I can send it to anyone who wants it if you message me.
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    W/ most songs; I kinda listen/pay-attention to the beat more than the lyrics; and I do like the beat of many a rap song – and me being into black dancers, I do like the way the black-dancers get into that type of music and the way they move and dance to it.
  • rockstar666
    9 years ago
    If a song doesn't have a compelling rhythm of any kind at all, it probably sucks.
  • seaboardrr
    9 years ago
    ^^^So true. I listen to pretty much anything. I might be singing a Priest song then an Adele song then the Smiths or KMFDM....if It's good i like it no matter what genre it's labeled. I can listen to house music that has no vocals simply because the beat gets me moving. I can listen to a little bit of growling and speed metal because some of the music is just super tight. Usually once the vocals start I have to change the channel though. Unless the vocals are just other worldly I need to hear some amazing music. Whether good or bad, having worked in the music biz in LA; I've always thought I'd make a great A&R guy because I can listen to something for 10 seconds or less and decide if it's really good or not. I have heard some SC music on satellite or online but for the most part I honestly don't remember what they played ITC because it all sounds like the same misogynistic chest thumping drivel to obviously cover up the fact that the "musician" has a premature ejaculating tiny dick. It usually goes in one ear and out the other. There are a handful of SC songs that are actually good and I have a few in our iTunes. We've seen the gang banger sub group, car sub group, i smoke and drink so I'm chill sub group among others and over the last several years the stripper/i make it rain 'cause i can sub group has emerged. Problem I see is each one has to try and outdo the next one. There can't just be happy stripper songs keeping it fun. No, we have to have each new song get more and more derogatory about how we be fucking strippers because they're bitches and ho's. It's the lyrical version of a pissing match or whipping out your dicks and a measuring tape. rockstar, I'd love to hear something you wrote.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion