tuscl

Using emotion as ammunition

Tuesday, February 3, 2004 4:55 AM
Using emotion as ammunition Feminism rewards women who run roughshod over men Alessandra Eakin - For the Journal-Constitution Monday, December 30, 2002 It's about time someone said it: Women are idiots. I suspect men have known this for a long time and, in their better interest, have kept quiet about it. However, in the face of overwhelming evidence, as a woman, I must conclude that "sistas" all are indeed sniveling, simpering imps. Feminism, go home. Go back to the bedrooms and kitchens where at least for generations you served a purpose. Only there can you achieve the level of mediocrity not remotely evidenced in boardrooms and cubicles since your forcible entry into the office four decades ago. The Battle of the Sexes has yielded a simmering stalemate, though men concede women have long won the war. The men quit fighting, stopped trying, and no longer care to please their women because they know they can't. Men have lost plenty. They are no longer significant in the estimation of women. Here's an example of what happens today. At my job once, there was a team-building activity companywide. Each person was assigned a task only they could do. As each person performed his or her role, the team accomplished its goal. Each team, when done performing its task, was to integrate its piece with another team. Each team contributed to the building of a whole unit, which represented cooperation among all departments within a company. Instead of achieving corporate nirvana, a shameful quagmire resulted. In an instant, a dozen shrill, power-hungry women converged upon a table and started screaming at subordinates to follow their spontaneous, ill-prepared orders. They hijacked the plan, threw out the rules and imposed a cult of personality where the one who shouted the loudest and the meanest and the most often was the winner. A periphery of impotent employees, mostly men, ringed the dominant table of blond ambition. How did this happen? When did men become trivial? What makes women think they are at all important? Why are the rational-minded marginalized and not celebrated instead? The balance of power has shifted so dramatically that women have developed a delusional sense of self-worth. Feminism promised women they could be anything they wanted to be without offering a constructive way to achieve greatness. Initiative, ambition, education, dedication became pitiful ploys in contrast to the effectiveness of exhibiting emotions. Employing what I call "emotional extortion" offers immediate gratification. Pouting over hurt feelings, throwing temper tantrums and hurling accusations of meanness gets you what you want. Why work hard and try often when a crying jag swiftly gets you what you want? Why risk failure when fearful employers hand you the vestiges of victory? Simply put, women have run amok. Men are losing their ground as they endure blatant abuse by women day after day, decade after decade. Men are wonderful beings, worthy of much praise and appreciation. I am ready for the Man Movement to begin. Somebody please, stop these women before they ruin our lives. I need a man to save me from the wreckage of stupid women. Alessandra Eakin is an Atlanta writer.

7 comments

• TopGunGlen
    20 years ago
    Several years ago, my wife attended a "Women's Empowerment Seminar", since she wanted to go back into the workforce after the kids left for college. There were several female executive speakers there, who were highly placed in different companies. One of the speakers was apparently a frighteningly brazen bitch, who told all the ladies there to "have no truck with men" or some such thing, pounding the podium and yelling. My wife decided not to go after a job after all, because she felt totally out of place. But she also said the other lady speakers were intelligent and made sense, and obviously worked well with men. It seems that one crazy broad scared my wife. I told her to ignore that idiot, but she never went back. Just goes to show you that insane men hating feminists scare off women as much as men...
  • Yoda
    20 years ago
    Mouse. I think you summed it up well. I have no problem with feminism or the concepts of equality for men and women, I was raised by a single parent in a time when it was not the norm. What I do have a problem with is a women who hides behind the feminist manifesto and uses it as an excuse for treating men (and women who they believe are anti-feminist) like shit.
  • Mouse
    20 years ago
    Just like men, women can be smart or stupid, nice or mean, serene or contentious, and everything in between.
  • AspiringDancer
    20 years ago
    This is so upsetting its numbing. I just don't know where to start. The assumptions - that feminism has gotten this woman nowhere (why does she think this column where she gets to write whatever tripe she wants?), that no woman takes advantage of an education and holds her own with men, that men aren't still overwhelmingly in charge of our lives...it fucking blows my mind.
  • weekendfun
    20 years ago
    Looks like women run the newspaper there. All I'm going to say is if someone considers male bashing please substitute the word "men" with someone of a different race or background (in your head not aloud) and see if the phrase is completely inappropiate. Maybe then we can end this senseless bashing. and as a last comment, I heard it would be the end of days when women are in control, lol, maybe all of us violent senseless men will do nothing but kill ourselves off leaving only women left to rule. Then the human race is done.
  • niceass
    20 years ago
    Does Veracious have anything to add?
  • Clubber
    20 years ago
    "Feminism was established so as to allow unattractive women access to the mainstream of society." A quote from a great American, Rush!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion