tuscl

Early notice, based on today's 3 month US treasuries, a 1/8 interest rate point

Probably no surprise there.

6 comments

• shailynn
    9 years ago
    I figured this, but after the terrorist attacks today in Paris, I wonder what this will do to the global economy.
  • Dougster
    9 years ago
    ^^^ true. Market had an 80% chance going into the week... But:

Oil is collapsing as well. China might be heading back down (I bought CHAD again on Monday at $42) as well.

I think the Fed wants to raise, but will circumstances allow it?
  • Dougster
    9 years ago
    S&P sure sliced through 2050 easily. Next test is around 2000.
  • shailynn
    9 years ago
    I think they should still let it ride. There is not enough momentum yet plus economy is not as good as people think. Spenders are still cautious, onky industry I know of that's a little up is auto industry.
  • rickdugan
    9 years ago
    Actually shailynn auto sales also came in below expectations for October. The Fed should have raised interest rates a year ago, when they had at least some modest GDP growth and higher corporate profits. If they do so now, it will only be to get ahead of further economic weakening so that they have a tool in their arsenal when the next recession comes.
  • Mate27
    9 years ago
    With boomers retiring and wages predicted to go up due to demand, the Fed better take action soon before their hand is forced. The OP's comment on this thread is spot on, a 1/8th point raise is needed at this time to test the waters.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion