tuscl

OT: Winter soups and warm drinks

Since winter is close and winter threads seam to be popular on tuscl it got me thinking what kinds of favorite soups and warm drinks you guys enjoy

18 comments

• 72_os
    9 years ago
    Not a big coffee drinker but i do drink some in winter. Im more a hot tea drinker myself

Soups, my favorite is tomato or a good potato soup
  • Dougster
    9 years ago
    Tomato and cream of broccoli.
  • ATACdawg
    9 years ago
    Bean soup with lots of ham. Cream of tomato with grilled cheese sandwiches.

Hot buttered rum or hot chocolate spiked with creme-de-menthe or peppermint schnapps.

However, none of this makes up for the loss of microskirts, short shorts and crop tops for five months!
  • 72_os
    9 years ago
    Damn this shit making me craving shit...good choices...i love those options as well
  • Longball300
    9 years ago
    WTF did I log onto the Food Network by mistake? Uh, amaretto in hot tea, beef vegetable so loaded up it's like stew and warm pussy juice running down my chin.......
  • 72_os
    9 years ago
    Lol i like this guy ^^
  • Clubber
    9 years ago
    Winter? Nothing changes, except maybe on an evening outside, a cup of coffee with Baileys.
  • JohnSmith69
    9 years ago
    Homemade potatoe soup with sharp cheddar cheese and crumpled bacon.
  • jackslash
    9 years ago
    Soup is gay.
  • gawker
    9 years ago
    I occasionally will make minestrone soup with roasted root vegetables.
  • NinaBambina
    9 years ago
    Bourbon and warm apple cider.
    Coffee or hot chocolate with Bailey's, maybe add some Kahlua too and put whipped cream on top.

• crsm27
    9 years ago
    Drinks....
    Coffee with peppermint (schnapps for after work, peppermint creamer for work)
    Hot buttered rum with butterscotch schnapps
    coffee with baileys
    Tea with a touch of honey

Soups:
    Chicken Wild Rice
    Chicken noodle
    Loaded baked potato soup (bacon, cheese, etc.)
    Clam or a Salmon Chowder.
  • motorhead
    9 years ago
    Never developed a taste for coffee. Never drink it. Occassional hot tea or hot chocolate.

@Soup is gay". +1 for Jack.

I like hearty soups like Chili or Beef Stew
  • shailynn
    9 years ago
    Chicken tortilla
    Lobster bisque (for some strange reason I think crappy red lobsters is the best)

I don't drink coffee, but I like a plain hot chocolate when it's cold. This one convenience store near my house has an awesome caramel and white hot chocolate drink that's awesome, and probably 600 calories!
  • seaboardrr
    9 years ago
    I have to agree that coffee sucks. It's pretty much like beer. Most people drink it just to drink it and it doesn't taste good at all. I only drink coffee black. No cream, no sugar. My fave saying (which I lay claim to since i've never heard anyone else ever say it) is "Why ruin a perfectly bad cup of coffee". The ONLY good coffee I've found is Dunkin Donuts Original blend. Good flavor, smooth finish and no burnt or bitter taste at all.

I have a weakness for espresso and cappuccino. I try not to drink too much cappuccino though because it's always so loaded with sugar. I did find a hidden gem at our house the other day that mrs sea seems to have "forgotten" to tell me about. Apparently we now have Junior Mint hot chocolate K cups and they are to die for.

Love soup but I have to watch my cracker and grill cheese consumption. All the soups mentioned are good except tomato. The Great Depression can keep it's tomato soup. I guess my faves are clam chowder, chicken with wild rice and then trail stew. Made trail stew for years as a boy scout in the woods and I still make it all the time. Ground turkey, veg-all and seasoning. That's all you need and it's great. Soup is just great comfort food.
  • mikeya02
    9 years ago
    Tomato soup with a grilled cheese sandwich

Flavored coffee with Bailey's or Kaluha , with whipped cream
  • 72_os
    9 years ago
    Was going to highlight the things i agree with but im such a fat ass i agree with it all with exception to jacklash lol
  • mikeya02
    9 years ago
    Another favorite is Wor Won Ton soup......shrimp, BBQ pork, chicken dumplings, with a savory broth...

https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2652/38651…
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion