tuscl

What's your opinion on this...

Keith Richards said that when he got a phone call that his 2 month son suddenly died, he said he almost went mad. He had a concert to play in 2 hours and said if he didn't play he would kill himself. He would grieve later.What about the mother and his 2 other kids. What kind of father hams it up and pretends to be happy after recieving that news?

13 comments

• NinaBambina
    9 years ago
    Well to be fair, he said if he didn't play he would have killed himself. People grieve differently. I don't have kids yet but I couldn't imagine that happening to me. I'd probably go insane and pop like 10 xanax and whatever else I could get my hands on. I'd probably burn some shit down, too. Idk what I'd do in this situation but maybe he just felt like taking his emotions out via his music.
  • rockstar666
    9 years ago
    Tough case. Everyone is different; I won't judge other people's reactions to personal tragedy.
  • Mate27
    9 years ago
    Same can be said for the wife of Royals pitcher Volquez. She kept the news from him about his father passing away so he could go forth and perform that evening. All turned out in the end and I'm sure he is ok with waiting for the news.
  • tumblingdice
    9 years ago
    You can't always get what you want,but if you try,sometimes you get what you need.
  • rockstar666
    9 years ago
    In the case of the Royals pitcher, it was a major screw up because half the fans in the stands knew it before he did.
  • shailynn
    9 years ago
    Trying to figure out Keith Richards is a challenge to begin with, but if you read his interviews he's on point about a lot of things.

People grieve differently, some drown in the sorrow while others try to ignore it and go along with daily life. Neither way is wrong, but maybe just wrong for you.

I lost someone very close to me a few years ago and on the day of the funeral I actually went to work for a few hours. My family was together the entire 3 preceding days... My brother scolded me but I said I just needed something to occupy my mind for awhile and sitting at home would have made it worse for me.
  • motorhead
    9 years ago
    Brett Favre played a tremendous game the day after his father died. 399 yards and 4 TD passes.

Some were critical he played. But I would have too. Do something to celebrate your dad, not sit at home and mourn his death.
  • 72_os
    9 years ago
    When my dad died I went to the strip club and set a personal best that night $1,000 spent in sex
  • shailynn
    9 years ago
    ^^^^ how much chicken did you eat that night?
  • seaboardrr
    9 years ago
    You can't judge someones reaction when they lose someone close. You have no idea what's going on in their head. Playing on stage can be a party or if you ignore the crowd it can almost be meditation just losing yourself in what you're doing.

I had a similar experience that most people would think was a very strange reaction.
  • TheeOSU
    9 years ago

So if you meet me
    Have some courtesy
    Have some sympathy, and some taste
  • just_the_nuts
    9 years ago
    Shaylin I don't want to say its embarrassing
  • JamesSD
    9 years ago
    When my dad died I emotionally shut down for a day or two. I actually was super productive at work because I wanted to distract myself.

People grieve in different ways. And I imagine by the 300th time you play songs, they're kind of automatic.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion