tuscl

Should I get married to have more money for OTC?

I saw SJG's question on marriage and am asking you guys the question in reverse.

Should a guy get married so he can have more money for clubbing? For the sake of this discussion let's say that the guy can't live with his gf due to family issues or some other reason. It's marriage or nothing. Let's also give this guy a normal savings of $300/month but bills of $2,000 per month that he could split with his new wife so he could save $1300/month.

Don't argue the set-up of the question but please answer what you would do with the above criteria!

23 comments

• rh48hr
    9 years ago
    Dude - that makes no sense. When she finds out your stepping out on her she will divorce you and get half your shit. Then you're right back where you started with less money because you're paying spousal support. Dump the gf, enjoy your freedom and what you have and look for a better paying job if you want more money for clubbing. If I have to club that bad, I don't need a gf. If I have a gf, then I don't need to club that bad.
  • Toomuchcover
    9 years ago
    I know it was crazy, but I thought it was funny.

That being said it depends on the situation. Spousal support and half my shit would not be typical for a person who was newly married or married for only a few years.

I'm sure there are married guys on this board who find themselves in my scenario.
  • san_jose_guy
    9 years ago
    Yes, your question is strange. Getting married is a big deal. Your life will never be the same.

The only way there could be an increase in money is that pooling of income and splitting of bills with cohabitation. But you'd be surprised, once married women expect to live much higher on the hog, and they make this expectation known.

Also, income tax is progressive. If you study the tax tables I believe that there is still a kind of a marriage penalty. It is not as much as what is saved by cohabitation, but it is still there.

Anyway if the idea is more ability to do 'clubbing', meaning P4P sex, abandon any ideas of marriage.

If I were to be reincarnated, I would be a divorce lawyer. Either that or a pimp. Either way I would be rich.

SJG
    https://sites.google.com/site/sjgportal/…

Stones, Toronto
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1rhqNWg…
  • Toomuchcover
    9 years ago
    Thanks SJG, it is funny to think about. That being said I don't see much of a difference between pimp and attorney other than pimps are honest about having you screwed for money.
  • san_jose_guy
    9 years ago
    :)

SJG
  • Dancer_
    9 years ago
    Are you a citizen of US? If yes, we should get married - I will gladly split bills with you and I couldn't care less about you banging anyone as long as it's not me.:) And you can show me off to your buddies, if you like. I might even learn to cook for you.<3

Tell me you are down! Pretty please.:'(
  • Dancer_
    9 years ago
    Two years later we'll get divorced and keep fond memories about each other.

Tell me you are down! Pretty please. :'(
  • chukko
    9 years ago
    You obviously do not know how marriage works. I know you have this simply equation calculated, but it just doesn't work that easy. Think medical bills, car repairs, joint accounts, increased insurance, any other mess of factors involved. Not to mention the effort it might take to hide your hobby. Just stay single, work and have fun.
  • Toomuchcover
    9 years ago
    Too true chukko! I shall stay single and have small strip club dreams.

Dancer95: You made me smile! That is the best offer I've had in a long time.
  • jackslash
    9 years ago
    Only a man who has never been married would pose this question. Getting married drains all your money; it doesn't give you more.
  • Estafador
    9 years ago
    more like "should I get a divorce to have more money for OTC". That's the only way you'll have more money in your pocket. Unless you marry a rich chick and she only did it to keep you as a pet. Otherwise, your wife will divorce your ass so fast you're head'll spin.
  • JohnSmith69
    9 years ago
    "I don't see much of a difference between pimp and attorney other than pimps are honest about having you screwed for money."

now its time for somebody to quote Shakespeare out of context. Come on, don't make me do it. "Let's kill ....
  • Toomuchcover
    9 years ago
    King Henry the VI John S.....you are an educated man......
  • Toomuchcover
    9 years ago
    Good points Esta and Jack......Why do men get married then! It ain't for money and it ain't for sex!
  • FullPress
    9 years ago
    Obviously you haven't seen my marriage. haha.
  • mjx01
    9 years ago
    I started to write a smack-down reply.... then I had this though: it all depends on whether or not she's bringing home a decent pay check. Several of my married friends have working wives (who are not bat shit crazy btw) and it works out ok. I have another friend who's wife had a job that didn't pay very week. She wasn't making enough at her job to offset the cost of day care. It was more economical for her to be a full time mom. Of course, now he has to pay for a wife and kids on only his salary.

Of course, you also have to realize in a marriage, you may have some "your money" and some "her money" but most if not all of it is "our money." Good luck using the "our" money for strippers.
  • JohnSmith69
    9 years ago
    "Should I get married ....?

It doesn't matter what comes after the fourth word. The answer to this question is always "no."

• JohnSmith69
    9 years ago
    I hear SJG snorting the gravy that he was drinking cause he's is so excited after reading my above post.
  • JamesSD
    9 years ago
    Nope. Just get a roommate.
  • PhantomGeek
    9 years ago
    A couple of thoughts on getting married: No. And Hell NO!

Most of the married women I've met seem to go by the philosophy, "What's mine is mine, and what's his is mine."

My take on marriage is you have a choice: Marriage or a bullet in the head? A bullet in the head or marriage? They really just amount to the same thing.
  • shadowcat
    9 years ago
    Yes get married. It makes you appreciate strippers more. :)
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    Yes
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion