tuscl

The Mann Act

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
"Mann Act
n. a federal statute making it a crime to transport a woman across state lines for "immoral" purposes. The Mann Act was intended to prevent the movement of prostitutes from one state to another or in and out of the country in the so-called "white slave" trade. However, it also applies to a male taking his under-age girlfriend to a love-nest in a neighboring state, or a female transporting an underage boy across the state line for such purposes. Maximum term is five years in a federal prison."

From what I have read on this board over the last 15-20 years it seems that quite a few of us have committed offenses in violation of this act. How many guys have taken their favorite strippers to Vegas for the weekend, etc. However it doesn't appear to be used much. Are you guilty?

11 comments

• whodey
    9 years ago
    Considering I cross the Ohio River into Kentucky for most of my clubbing, I suppose I violate it each time I bring one of them back to my place for OTC.
  • SuperDude
    9 years ago
    Chuck Berry was hit by the Mann Act. I don't remember if he was convicted.
  • JohnSmith69
    9 years ago
    Transported my DS across state lines many times to have exquisite sexual adventures unlike anything I'd ever done before. not a damn thing Mr Mann can do about it.
  • tumblingdice
    9 years ago
    ^^^Dude,shut the fuck up.
  • motorhead
    9 years ago
    Years ago I watched a documentary on Chuck Berry. I don't know if this is how he always toured, but it was interesting. He took a commercial flight (alone) into a city, a car picked him up and took him to the arena. There was a pick up band there that knew his songs. Chuck walks on stage and starts playing the concert. Pretty different than the touring acts with semi trailers of gear and a luxury motorhome for the star.
  • gawker
    9 years ago
    There was a zoo which had an exhibit of porposes which was very popular, but parents complained that the porpoises were engaging in far too much amorous behavior and they didn't want their children seeing all the sexual activity. After studying the problem, they discovered that if they kept them well fed with seagulls, they'd still frolic, but not have sex. So they hired a young man to keep lugging buckets of fish to the porpoise exhibit. Being somewhat lazy, the young man found if he snuck through the lion exhibit his route was substantially shortened. However he had to ensure that the lions were sleeping before he scurried through their enclosure.
    He was in the process of doing this when he was arrested for violating the Mann Act which makes it illegal to transport gulls across staid lions for immoral porpoises.
  • shadowcat
    9 years ago
    Thanks gawker. I needed that. :)
  • Bavarian
    9 years ago
    Nice one Gawker
  • Tiredtraveler
    9 years ago
    A simple way to avoid that is you are taking a pro on a trip with you or even a girlfriend it is better to have her buy her own ticket even if you give her money for it to pay. Don't leave a paper trail.
  • rockstar666
    9 years ago
    motorhead: That's exactly right about Chuck! When I was in college a close friend was in charge of booking bands for the University (good friend to have huh). and he had to hire a limo to get Chuck from O'Hare, AND hire a local band to back him up. They were really good too! I would have liked to play with Chuck but I'd only been playing a couple years and I couldn't have handled it.

As for the Mann Act...I never crossed state lines with a P4P deal but I did fly to Tampa for a long weekend with a g/f once. That was free though.
  • JamesSD
    9 years ago
    I assume in practice it's rarely applied to adult women. One could also engage on the comical act of dropping her off at the state line, having her walk across, and picking her back up.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion