tuscl

Fantasy Football - Cool or Gay?

shailynn
They never tell you what you need to know.
What's your take on fantasy football?

I have played in a casual league for 5 or 6 years and enjoy it, but I don't take it very seriously. If I did, I wouldn't have drafted an injured player and a suspended player the other day! Lol

It seems to be the only thing I have heard men talk about for the past two weeks. Even hear a number of women talk about it now too.

11 comments

• DandyDan
    9 years ago
    I used to take it seriously, but the league we had at work fell apart when various people left and the rest of us couldn't keep it together. Not that I ever did well at it anyway. I did some leagues online, but it's not as fun when you don't know the people in it.
  • gawker
    9 years ago
    During last night's NE Patriot's win there were many ads for on line fantasy football wagering, claiming weekly million dollar winners and up to a billion $ through the season.
    I have no idea how they avoid interstate gambling violations and I've always sucked at playing fantasy sports but these very glossy ads sure make it seem attractive. I'm curious as to whether it's a national phenom or just New England where all 4 major pro sports teams have won championships in the recent past.
  • JamesSD
    9 years ago
    Oddly enough, since it went mainstream I lost interest. Once upon a time you actually had to do real research to make projections. These days everyone and their mom has professional projections.

Because of the nature of football, it ends up being coin flipping to see whose top picks don't get hurt.

I'm not against it, but I'm pretty casual about it and won't put real money on it. Fantasy Baseball is way better, although a very long season.
  • JamesSD
    9 years ago
    @gawker, it's considered a game of skill. Odds are like poker it will be cracked down on.
  • rh48hr
    9 years ago
    I play in a couple different leagues every year with friends. I enjoy it and it gives me a reason to have interest in games I may not normally care about.
  • shailynn
    9 years ago
    ^^^^ I'm the same way, I joined a second league this year one with friends, one with my brothers friends. Minimal entry fee and it's something to just keep my attention on the weekends.
  • motorhead
    9 years ago
    Four years ago I would have said gay. I vowed to played fantasy football. Then a few guys at work started a league and needed players so I joined. And I really have fun. I love it. We're pretty casual. Very low entry fee. It's for fun not money. 4 of the 10 team owners are women who are not hardcore fans. So the ESPN rankings really help them. But I would have liked to played in the early days before all the information was out there telling you who to draft of start.
  • motorhead
    9 years ago
    I vowed to NEVER play I meant to say
  • tumblingdice
    9 years ago
    Fantasy Football?WTF! I have a tough enough time trying to figure out Vegas.
  • Tiredtraveler
    9 years ago
    Waste of time and money. Just like the nfl
  • 72_os
    9 years ago
    I play fantasy sports on draftkings.com and have fun in all their $20-$40 tournaments for millions.

Keeps sports fun to me but nothing serious just a recreational player thats well bank rolled
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion