tuscl

Why some Reviews are So Short?

Such short and brief reviews don't give us much in info about their experiences or about the clubs. There are some reviews which contain only two to five lines! I feel, a proper review should be at least 10 to 12 lines.

What do all think about the reviews?

13 comments

• Mikeybush
    20 years ago
    It depends on what is waranted by the club. I've written four and five line reviews as needed. I've also written slightly longwinded reviews with anecdotes. I'm kinda proud of my Chez Kimberly in Pittsburgh review.
    What I think is ridiculous is the fact that the guy giving monthly updates of his club's renovations in Rhode Island is being credited for "reviews".
  • DandyDan
    20 years ago
    One other thing I missed but may have been discussed. I have been to 3 clubs where the dancer has given me a handjob. I even got to eat some pussy once. Needless to say, those incidents were against the rules. But if I wrote that into the club review, the club and the local law enforcement would probably begin to crack down on such behavior, assuming they log onto this website. So I guess it is to protect the girls in that instance.

Another thing I've seen on some reviews is some reviewers will go into great detail about stuff like the decor of the club. I'm sorry, but I don't think anyone is there for an interior decorating lesson.
  • Clubber
    20 years ago
    I see no need to repeat, therefore, one can keep it short, yet be through. If ones experience is similar to previous reviews, state such and move on to what is different.
  • FunSeeker
    20 years ago
    baddy, you wrote:
    "Regardless though I would rather have 4 short reviews for a club than no review at all, any info is better than nothing."

I agree! But, reviews with two lines don't give us any info. I have seen many reviews with only two to four lines. Remember, you get four weeks of free membership for every review that you submit. With that in mind, we should make every effort in giving some info about our experiences and about the clubs. I feel, anything less than seven (about 100 words) lines is too short.
  • baddy
    20 years ago
    Well all reviews need to be approved by founder i think, they are not instantly added so I am assuming this is what the deal is -- he has some criteria I'm sure, but you guys might want to voice to him that you think he should be a little more strict. Anyways, I agree some are short but not everyone has great writing skills, I think a lot of people think they are submitting a decent review even though it doesn't tell shit to anyone else. Regardless though I would rather have 4 short reviews for a club than no review at all, any info is better than nothing.
  • DandyDan
    20 years ago
    Sometimes when I write reviews, it's not until several days after I went to the club, so the fine details often get left out. Stuff like how much a lap dance costs doesn't need to be written into a review unless it is different than what the club profile says. I also find it hard to remember names, and besides, they could all be gone next week.
  • SemiCrazy
    20 years ago
    While a big part of the problem with short or incomplete reviews stems from the free month-per-review situation, there are other factors in play as well. If a member goes to a more liberal club where a lot of extras go on and writes a review that names dancers and deeds, it is almost a sure bet that it won't be long until one of several events occurs. A club representative reads the review and either fires, fines, or blackmails the dancer involved. This usually means that what is discussed in the review is now no longer available from that dancer. Another dancer sees the review and decides she should be making the money the reviewed dancer is now pulling in (without providing the extras) and reports her to management (see above) or even LE. If LE or, even worse, the local politicians become aware of the review then the crap may really hit the fan. Even if the politicians don't personally oppose adult businesses, I've never seen one publicly support more liberal laws for them (except of course club owners who run for office on an Adult Entertainment platform). They all put on their "Outraged At What These Greedy Low Lifes Are doing To Our Wholesome Community" posture and the local media, always on the outlook for a sordid story they can "Tsk tsk" at while pretending to be concerned about the moral fiber of the community (knowing sleazy stories will help the Nielsens), begins the feeding frenzy. At best, things at the club are subdued for a few weeks or months. At worst all clubs in not only the local jurisdiction but in whatever area the courts that decide if the new laws are constitutional are somewhat affected or even forced to close or radically modify how they do business. While the argument can be made that in most places LE is already aware of what goes on, there is a world of difference between LE who have bigger problems to deal with knowing and "outraged" politicians, media and citizens raising a stink and demanding "something be done".
  • Clubber
    20 years ago
    Like verfolgung,I agree with Passenger. Perhaps the policy should be ammended to prevent what Passenger suggests. Perhaps one a month or so.
  • verfolgung
    20 years ago
    I agree with Passenger, some people are genuinely trying to help out fellow clubbers, while others seem like they are just trying to maintain a free ride.
  • Passenger
    20 years ago
    Why are some reviews so short? Submitting a review once a month allows a free membership at TUSCL to be maintained. Apparently the quality of the review is not a consideration.
  • MistressDEvil
    20 years ago
    Thanks Shad.

Not sure if I can think like a man--there is a great deal of estrogen there. However, I'll revise what I watch for. That's one reason I wanted to ask--FD was my first ever Stripclub that I went into and after the few months that I've been dealing with it (still helping bouncer get to and from work), I've been learning more of the little things.

Mistress
  • MistressDEvil
    20 years ago
    Critique please.

I've asked before, but no one's helped. I'm slow, I admit--mainly due to funding and childcare, it's that mom thing you know, lol--but I have given one review. Is this review something that is appropriate and gives enough information, or would you guys like me to upgrade my technique a bit and add more information and if so which bits of information are lacking? I admit, I cannot vouch for extras--being female is a downplay there, grins, as well as this particular club is really above board (according to the bouncer friend I have there) and doesn't allow them.

Mistress
  • Clubber
    20 years ago
    The best reviews give an overview of service provided by the staff, cost of the visit, and appearance of the dancers. “Extras” mean little to me, but I am sure they mean a lot to others. In my opinion, which this entire post entails, overall “feel” of the club is most important. IE: “laid back”, “up-scale”, etc…
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion