tuscl

OT: Brady exonerated - no surprise there.

rickdugan
Verified and Certifiable Super-Reviewer
Judge Richard M. Berman ruled that Brady’s four-game suspension by the NFL will be vacated. Duh, no surprise here. There was no case whatsoever. Not only did they have zero evidence that Brady was involved, but they couldn't even prove that the fucking balls were deflated at all and, if so, by how much. This whole fiasco was one big witch hunt, no doubt egged on by the owners of other teams. Well, those other owners want to beat Bady, they should man up, get better players and do it on the field.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdo…

159 comments

• crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    Shit
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    Shit
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    Shit
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    Shit
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    Shit
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    Shit
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    Shit
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    Shit
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    Shit
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    Shit
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    Shit
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    Shit
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    Shit
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    Shit
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    Shit
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    Shit
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    Shit
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    Shit
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    Shit
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    Shit
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    Shit
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    Shit
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    Shit
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    Fuck
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    Fuck
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    Fuck
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    Fuck
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    Fuck
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    Fuck
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    Fuck
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    Fuck
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    Fuck
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    Fuck
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    Fuck
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    Fuck
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    Fuck
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    Fuck
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    Fuck
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    Fuck
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    Fuck
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    Fuck
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    Fuck
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    Fuck
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    Fuck
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    Fuck
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    Fuck
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    Fuck
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    Fuck
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    Fuck
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    Fuck
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    Fuck
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    Fuck
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    Fuck
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    Fuck
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    Fuck
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    Fuck
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    Fuck
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    Fuck
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    Fuck
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    Fuck
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    Fuck
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    Fuck
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    Fuck
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    Fuck
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    Bitch
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    Bitch
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    Bitch
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    Bitch
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    Bitch
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    Bitch
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    Bitch
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    Bitch
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    Bitch
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    Bitch
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    Bitch
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    Bitch
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    Bitch
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    Bitch
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    Bitch
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    Bitch
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    Bitch
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    Bitch
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    Bitch
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    Bitch
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    Bitch
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    Bitch
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    Bitch
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    Bitch
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    get out my car and chase her with my dick out
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
  • Meursault
    9 years ago
    I now get all my news from TUSCL.
  • ime
    9 years ago
    Suck on that hater faggots, everyone have a nice day as well.
  • Clackport
    9 years ago
    Crazyjoe sure knows how to take the air out of a topic LMAO.

The league will obviously appeal, so this is just getting started.

• ime
    9 years ago
    They can appeal till they are blue in the face it won't change anything. The league just got embarrassed and they did it to themselves
  • rickdugan
    9 years ago
    ranukam, I have the troll dipshit on ignore, so I didn't see it anyway.

If the NFL appeals, they will just embarrass themselves further. I'm not worried about it and, in the meantime, Brady will just kick ass and take names like he always does.
  • Mr_O
    9 years ago
    First crack in the dam.

Well judge, I only slugged her in the elevator one time. Judge: Oh, OK case dismissed.
  • mikeya02
    9 years ago
    Too soon to celebrate, IME and Rick. Pats have some bad karma
  • rickdugan
    9 years ago
    Mr_O, he's a league Commissioner, not a king. He lost this case because there was no evidence of wrongdoing by Brady and because Brady was never afforded an opportunity to present that reality to an unbiased party.
  • ime
    9 years ago
    Bad Karma like all the winning and superbowls, ha you can keep your eastern philosophy and youre karma.
  • mikeya02
    9 years ago
    Sure, Brady destroyed a perfectly good phone for no reason
  • ime
    9 years ago
    You dont destroy your old phones? Did you actually read anything? He gave phone records and Wells told him they didnt want his phone, then months later when he gets a new one old one is given to his assistant who "destroys" it. You only seem to hear the NFL PR spin no suprise, they changed there story many times over lsst few months. Do some homework.
  • rickdugan
    9 years ago
    I don't see what you are responding to ime, but it sounds like the old ridiculous argument that getting rid of his phone was proof positive of guilt. It is just as likely that he did so to keep others from going through his personal content, but don't try to tell that to a moron who is grasping at straws for anything to use against Brady. After all, grasping at straws is all they have since there was no real evidence to hold onto.
  • mikeya02
    9 years ago
    And you sound like a fanatic. Btw, the judge did not say Brady was innocent. He said the NFL did not follow proper procedures (in his mind). Guilty people get off on that all the time. And what happened to the ball boys?
  • Clackport
    9 years ago
    @Dugan- I'm no Patriots fan, but I didn't want to see Brady suspended. Brady is the face of the league and one of the top 5 NFL players of all time. He deserves more respect than what he's getting.

However, I've always been leery about the Patriots and their ways. Belichick has been known to bend the rules. The interesting thing is as a result of Deflategate, the Patriots will lose a first round pick in 2016, but yet the Patriots won't challenge that. No matter how you Patriots fans spin it, that is at least some admittance of guilt. A first round pick is a huge deal, it can make or break franchises.
  • ime
    9 years ago
    No its kraft being an owner and part of a collective group. I hope he pulls an Al Davis and sues.
  • ime
    9 years ago
    Either way the whole thing was the most overblown nothing in history of sports.
  • ime
    9 years ago
    @randy not really many teams have picked players in first round that dont pan out or flop it doesnt break a franchise, it doesnt help either, but good franchises are built on the middle of their roster and depth.
  • mikeya02
    9 years ago
    Rick and IME sound pretty paranoid to me. If Brady suffers a serious injury this year, they will say Goodall paid a goon to take him out. Anyway, I agree with Ranukam, this is all on Belicheat
  • ime
    9 years ago
    Nope just keep hating i love it.
  • rickdugan
    9 years ago
    ranuk, plenty of first round picks fizzle out. Paying the fine and losing the pick may have been deemed cheaper and less troublesome than fighting a legal battle that could cost far more than the fine itself.

OTOH, Brady isn't paying anything out of pocket - the players' union pursued this case. And the union had every reason to pony up millions to fight this since protecting the players and the CBA is exactly why the union exists. As bad a day as it was for Goodell, it was a great day for the union as they showed every player in the league exactly why they are worth the dues that they are paid.
  • mikeya02
    9 years ago
    Why did the ball boy get fired? Can you answer a simple question? He must have been paid off to keep his mouth shut....
  • mikeya02
    9 years ago
    Notice also that the Pats did not protest their fine or loss of draft picks. What does that tell you? More questions you and Rick can't answer.
  • metaldude
    9 years ago
    Rick, the question of whether or not the league had a case never even came in to play. The ruling was based strictly on the NFL's lack of cooperation with Brady's defense.
  • rickdugan
    9 years ago
    Metal, if you've been following the case, you'd know that the judge hammered them on the factual issues several times in multiple hearings, so much so that the League's attorney was backing away from the podium. The subtext to the ruling was that the punishment may have turned out differently if the process were fair and, yes, if Brady was afforded the opportunity to defend himself with the full facts on hand.
  • ime
    9 years ago
    You cant protest league as an owner its in the league agreement so wrong again.
  • rickdugan
    9 years ago
    Oh, and it was a 40 page ruling that most certain DID reference the factual problems with Goodell's case.
  • ime
    9 years ago
    And league said suspend ball boy. Dud you do anything other than parrot other nit wits, all of its out there
  • rickdugan
    9 years ago
    It's simple dudes. There was never any evidence that Brady did anything wrong. There was also no solid evidence that the balls were even deflated at all, period. Yet Goodell, in the words of the judge, issued "his own brand of industrial justice" anyway. it was not right and the judge clearly recognized that throughout the hearings and in his ruling.

So the owners who pushed Goodell to pull this shit can go fuck themselves. They'll just have to beat Brady on the field instead of using their puppet Commissioner to do their dirty work.
  • mikeya02
    9 years ago
    Good thing the ball boy was punished, uh Rick? He was called the "deflater" because he was trying to lose weight. Lmao! Sure, Brady knew nothing. You see Rick, quibble all you want about how serious or not this case is, people do not like blatant liars
  • Clackport
    9 years ago
    @Rick- As you know, even Patriots fans are wondering why the Patriots didn't challenge the 1 million dollar fine and the first round draft pick being taken away. Money is not the issue, Kraft can pay the legal fees without batting a eye. If I'm a team and I have a perception of cheating around the league, if something comes up where I'm accused of cheating but I know I didn't do it, I'm gonna fight for my name.

In the rulesbook deflating footballs is a $25,000 fine, so I would understand if they were fined that, and they didn't want to fight that. In this instance though they're losing a first round pick, one of the most valued possessions for a NFL team. It's just fishy why they're not challenging the punishment. Shit it hasn't even been found that any of the footballs were deflated besides the Colts game.
  • ime
    9 years ago
    Kraft said he in no way accepts the wells report or its findings, and teams cannot challenge league its in bylaws but as an owner as part of 32 he has no choice but to pay, he has said numerous times he doesn't accept the goodell ruling as correct or fair.
  • Tiredtraveler
    9 years ago
    Kraft and BellaCheat are laughing all the way to the bank.
    The fix is in.
    The Pats will lose in the playoffs this year and a small market team will be "allowed" to go to the Stupid Bowl form the AFC and a big market team will go from the NFC to win.
    Funny thing everyone raves about how good a QB Bratty Brady is but when he was out for the season the Pats went 11-5 including the 2 games Brady lost
  • ime
    9 years ago
    You have to be among the biggest morons. Just so your facts are straight in 2008 when Brady got hurt it was in the first half of 1st game which they won anyway. So keep making stuff up you idiot and your theories are dumber than you.

Great prediction they lose in playoffs dumbass because its real easy to win in the playoffs. Go watch soccer faggot.
  • rickdugan
    9 years ago
    @tired: The Pats won 16 games the season before with the same team. And before you go on to cite the following 10 win season with Brady back at the helm, the team gutted the defense and took away offensive weapons in the offseason.

He has also had several seasons, most recently in 2013, where he carried the team while throwing mostly to guys that nobody ever heard of. More than a few receivers gained fame with the Pats and eventually left for better deals elsewhere just to fizzle out in their new homes. He makes everybody around him better.
  • metaldude
    9 years ago
    No one can argue that the NFL didn't overstep their bounds but to think that Brady wasn't complicit is just inane. To those of you who think the league in anyway promotes the outcome of one team over another - you cannot be fans of the NFL you should watch wrestling instead.
  • Mr_O
    9 years ago
    rickdugan,

What case? "He lost this case because there was no evidence of wrongdoing by Brady and because Brady was never afforded an opportunity to present that reality to an unbiased party."

Brady wasn't arrested, he broke no public law. It was a simple case of work place discipline for breaking a FOOTBALL RULE. Courts should not even be involved. No difference then a team fine for missing a practice, or wearing the jersey not tucked in during a game. BTW, they do have people that watch for uniform infractions during a game.
  • JamesSD
    9 years ago
    Brady and the Pats cheated. It's insane that teams are responsible their own balls. The league rules need to be reformed. I think it's stupid there are special kicker balls. The league and refs should manage the balls.

Brady is and asshole and a cheater, but this was the correct legal ruling from a contract perspective. Even millionaires deserve fair treatment by their employers.
  • Dougster
    9 years ago
    Did I ever mention that RickDugan is gay?
  • motorhead
    9 years ago
    @rickdugan

Tom Brady WAS NOT exonersted. Go back and re-read what Judge Berman ruled on. He did not find Brady innocent of deflating the balls or even obstructing the investigation. He didn't look at the evidence. It didn't matter. He found the "process" to be unfair and the Goodell did not have the authority to suspend Brady.

The question before Judge Berman was not whether Brady did or did not do it, it was whether the NFL could suspend him. Guilty of not didn't matter. Berman concluded the NFL did not have that power.
  • Mr_O
    9 years ago
    motorhead,

Just how stupid is that? A business can't discipline an employee for breaking their rules? I'm going to break some of my employers rules and use that judges decision as precedent. See how quick I get booted!
  • motorhead
    9 years ago

I'm not defending Berman's decision. The NFLPA bargained away the player's rights in the collective bargaining agreement. They gave Goodell the power to protect the integrity of the game as he felt necessary. But Berman felt that Goodell more or less made up the rules as he went along.
  • Mr_O
    9 years ago
    I doubt you could find a sport that doesn't have a "protect the integrity of the game" or something similar clause. NASCAR has their "actions detrimental to stock car racing." They seem to use it whenever a sharp crew chief finds a way to bend, use, manipulate, etc, the rules. No clear cut rule violation is usually broken.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion