tuscl

RomanticLover: Warning to New Posters, Plee to Old Ones & Petition to Founder

Sunday, June 6, 2004 9:25 PM
Glad to see the Board comming to life again. I've noticed a lot of new names as of late and I look for to sharing thoughts, opinions and experiences with all of you. The purpose of this thread is a poster who many of you know or will come to know - RomanticLover. 1) IF YOU ARE A NEW POSTER: RL has been on this board, and others, for several years. I'm sure you'll soon become familiar with this Houston native's writing style and his/her various opinions. RL has a pattern of re-posting old threads or creating new threads with the same old questions and comments over and over. He/She has been doing it for years. Responding to RL, yelling at RL, or trying to reason with this person is useless. RL seems to enjoy it when you respond because it keeps his/her threads active. However, RL will not enter into a discussion - just continue to post his/her questions and opinions. The best way is just ignore him/her. When ever you see a post from RL, I plee with you to fight the urge to respond and to just ignore it. RL will also flood the board with his posts and re-posts. Skip over RL's threads and continue to respond the other discussion on the board. (Unless of course you actually want to have a ligitmate discussion with this person.) 2) FOR OLD POSTERS: I know this is not a new idea. Others have tried it before, but I ask you also to continue to ignore RL. I know many of you have already started to ignore RL, and I ask that you keep it up. (Lately, instead of getting angry at RL's posts, I kind of find humor in watching RL talk to himself/herself.) I've noticed that past challenges have failed as the threads expires and people forget. I will do my best to keep this thread active unless it starts to get negative feedback. 3) PETITION TO FOUNDER: I know others have asked Founder in the past to ban RL, and that those attempts have failed. Please feel free to respond to this thread, and in a way create a petition to ban RL. If enough posters are in favor of it, hopefully it can be done. The reason for this thread is this: Many people who would otherwise gladly participate in ligitimate discussions on this board have been turned away, disgusted, and disheartned by RL's presence. I recognize that not everyone has the same views, and that there will be posters with both postive and negative messages to share. I just ask that people keep an open mind, be open to discussion, and have fun. RL does none of these things - except for maybe having fun in her/her own little way - so this thread was needed. It was needed for us to have an active board again, and to prevent others from getting sucked into getting angry over RL and eventually turned off from posting here.

43 comments

• Kyle1111
    20 years ago
    Well, RomanticLover is a paying subscriber. Money talks. :) I don't see a problem really. He's like the lovable town drunk on the Andy Griffin show . . . ok poor analogy . . . he's like the Klingons sans power . . . I know Gladice Cravits on Bewitched. :)
  • verfolgung
    20 years ago
    Promise this is the last time I'm going to bump this thread. Founder has spoken. In a recent thread asking if Founder and RL were one and the same Founder replied.... "ok, now this is serious... I am not RL, hehe.... wish I was, I am spending way too much on lapdances." Obviously Founder has no problem with RL's presance on the board, so there really is no longer a need for this thread on the board.
  • verfolgung
    20 years ago
    To be honest guys, I've stopped coming to this site as often as I used to, so I'm thinking of just letting this post lapse and expire. If you would like to keep it going feel free. Thanks to eveyone who tried, but obviously without the support of Founder, this effort to prevent the board from being dominated by one individual is useless. Luckily there are other forums where one can find actual discussion between dancers and customers.
  • verfolgung
    20 years ago
    WOW RL seems to be back from summer break.
  • RealBigRed
    20 years ago
    RL had ruined the discourse on my fave club's chat, but I soon learned to ignore him. He posts anonymously and can be eliminated by clicking "hide unregistered chat" on the sign-in page. Also it seems clear to me that RL found our chat page by using the Recent Chat link, which was eliminated by Founder when the new format went into effect. Now that Recent Chat is activated again, it makes it easier for RL (RealLoser, as I think of him) to put in his zero cent's worth if he keeps up with recent chat. I"ll bet he found it difficult to find new places to harass with his asinine SHOUTED questions when Recent Chat was disabled. Does this give anyone any ideas?
  • verfolgung
    20 years ago
    Just refreshing the thread.
  • verfolgung
    20 years ago
    Have a great holiday weekend
  • verfolgung
    20 years ago
    Just refrehing the thread again.
  • verfolgung
    20 years ago
    I guess RL must be back from summer vacation.
  • casualguy
    20 years ago
    I see. I just couldn't resist having a little bit of fun. I see a sitting duck and it gets hard not to do anything.
  • verfolgung
    20 years ago
    RL's back and at it again!
  • verfolgung
    20 years ago
    Just refreshing the thread, i'm sure this will lead to RL flaming the club boards which I post on. Oh well.
  • casualguy
    20 years ago
    Lol, RL is trying a new strategy now. He is talking to himself by posting continously on his own threads.
  • verfolgung
    20 years ago
    Well it looks as though RL has altered his/her strategy of late. Now that most people have started to ignor RL's posts on the General Discussion board, he/she seems to be sticking with making posts on the boards of individual clubs.
  • verfolgung
    20 years ago
    Just trying to stay ahead of the curve again.
  • verfolgung
    20 years ago
    Alright, now RL is clearly back. He/she is now up to five threads. Just refreshing this one to try to stay ahead of him/her.
  • verfolgung
    20 years ago
    Huge, what are you talking about? (Are you talking about club boards or the general discussion board?) As of the time of this post, I only see that RL has refreshed two old threads, and hasn't started any new ones. Before this thread and the action people have taken to ignore RL, he/she used to dominate this board. RL used to have 5-12 threads running at the same time even before I started this campaign. RL knows no matter how many threads he/she creates it will not knock this off the board. The threads expire by date. All of the threads which have had a post within a certain number of days will show, no matter how many new threads are created. The only way a thread will disappear is if it expires, and even then it's still possible to bring it back (as RL so often does). Listen, if you guys really want me to let this expire, I have no problem with that. Once I see a few people post against this thread I'll just let it die.
  • Hugh_G_Rection
    20 years ago
    People, Bump the thread, PLEASE!!!! RL is spewing a whole new bunch of the same crap in NEW threads to drive this off the board.
  • verfolgung
    20 years ago
    Yes, it was fun for a while. I guess I'm glad we didn't let this thread expire.
  • Hugh_G_Rection
    20 years ago
    I'm all for a ban of Romantic Lover not out of content, but becuase his/her 'shotgun post' technique of trolling has stymied discussion on this forum. I hate to see a muzzle put on anyone- but face it, this individual is not tolerant of a viewpoint other than his own. Founder, if you want to see this Discussion board be a useful asset on your site, please toss the TROLL.
  • WiseGuy
    20 years ago
    Verfolgung, it's back. It was good while it lasted, oh well.
  • casualguy
    20 years ago
    Yes I noticed. ^above Keep your fingers crossed.
  • verfolgung
    20 years ago
    HEY!!!!! Have you guys noticed RL's threads have expired and the board is currently clear his/her posts? Watch, I've probably jynxed it and tomorrow I'll see the board filled with RL inane banter, but it's great to see an RL free board even for one day.
  • MistressDEvil
    20 years ago
    Going to assume that Mr. RL is bored this July 4. Sighs. He talks to himself. It's actualy pitiful. Mistress D
  • casualguy
    20 years ago
    There are many indications that RL is mentally unstable. RL will not respond to any questions except with one simple phrase if at all when there was a response. I believe it is better to not communicate with the mentally unstable and potentially dangerous people.
  • verfolgung
    20 years ago
    Just refreshing the thread before the holiday weekend. Happy fourth of July everyone!
  • verfolgung
    20 years ago
    Absolutely Shadowcat. Hopefully this thread will help spread the word.
  • Gorilla_Balls
    20 years ago
    Hey Verfoldung..............GB is RL
  • PixiePayton
    20 years ago
    Shadowcat--you're killing me :) I actually laughed out loud this time!! You are COMPLETELY right. People don't realize how very similar the emotions of "love" and "hate" are. The biggest insult to someone like RL is complete apathy. Its like dealing with a puppy--screaming in anger has the same effect on the puppy as showering compliments: Attention is the true goal (reward); the TYPE of response is immaterial. when you ignore the naughty behaviour it becomes much less fun and will often go away. Anytime RL posts, resist the urge to rub his nose in his utter ignorance and lack of social skills and step over the "puddle". ;)
  • The Cat's Meow
    20 years ago
    LMFAO- funny stuff WiseGuy ! I think maybe all his posts just need to be dumped into one thread. It could be called BullShit Ramblings of a SC Psychopath. The guy is flat out insane. I sure hope that stuff about the police watching him is true
  • WiseGuy
    20 years ago
    Founder can run this personal website anyway he wants to. "The most stringent protection of free speech would not protect a man in falsely shouting fire in a theater and causing a panic." Since theater's have a right to restrict "speech" during a movie to maintain their services to the other patrons so can Founder. Actually (hehehe), i think Founder is being paid off (or should be) by all the other stripper forum owners by allowing RL to post thereby keeping him fixated here instead of elsewhere. At least, figure out a way of taking advantage of RL's presence here to generate traffic instead of decreasing it! Create a seperate stripper haters forum for those kind of posts, create a stripper lovers forum, create a ladies only forum for registered names, have TUSCL stripper friendship parties and give away "Romanticlover the OxyMoron" T-Shirts, create a TUSCL screen saver to download, whatever... Founder may be able to set up filters banning the use of the women haters top 100 words, word combinations, caps, and word variations to slow them down. Just a thought. I agree with verfolgung, I vote to ban RL since he is not capable of reasonably discussing both sides of various issues and his posts amount to little more than forum hate spam driving away the ladies.
  • verfolgung
    20 years ago
    Looks like RL's back at it again.
  • verfolgung
    20 years ago
    Well, it looks like the petition isn't getting much support. Personally, I feel there are many who have already left to never return, but that may just be my opinion. Anyway, I still feel this post has merit as a warning for new posters, and hopefully people will read it and understand they don't have to be turnsed away by RL. Thanks for all the feedback so far.
  • verfolgung
    20 years ago
    Looks like RL is at it again. BTW - I forgot to warn the new posters, that when you reply you also give RL material to work with. You may be lashing out at him/her, but RL will take some part of your post and re-post it completely out of context as a quote from a dancer. When you read quotes posted by RL, try to remember it was most likey from a post directed at RL.
  • DandyDan
    20 years ago
    I would be in favor of banning RL. I just think he is pathetic. Of course, you could ban him and then he could just get a new id.
  • baddy
    20 years ago
    Personally I find it funny that he brings up the same stuff over and over, but can see how others would find it annoying. I would have to vote no on the ban, it is easy to just not open his threads.
  • verfolgung
    20 years ago
    Hey everyone, thanks for your feedback thus far. In a way, I expected that the 1st Amendment was going to be brought up, but I was hoping this thread would not get turned away from the original intent and into a debate on free speech. Here's my take: Freedom a speech is not absolute, and there are several exceptions. The actual amendment reads, "Congress shall make no laws...abridging feedom of speech..." The intent is to stop the government from enacting certain laws. We are not in a public square, but on a member's only discussion board. If one is not a registered member, then they are not allowed to make a post. This is not censorship. What the petition is calling for is for Founder to consider revoking RL's membership because of the overwhelming voice of the other members of the site. If this petition gets enough support, hopefully Founder will make that consideration. I don't mind if people continue to debate the 1st amendment; however, please try to comment on whether you agree or dissagree with the topic. That way we can see if there is a case for an RL ban or not. Thanks again.
  • ispinu67
    20 years ago
    The First Amendment guarantees protections against government infringements upon speech. A publication (whether electronic or paper) can't be forced or required to publish something just because some idiot said it, wrote it or posted it. It's not censorship, it's freedom of the press.
  • komey1970
    20 years ago
    shadowkat - Freedom of speech does not mean that anyone can say anything. If there are guidlines and rules to particiapting, those rules must be followed or action can and should be taken.
  • The Cat's Meow
    20 years ago
    I would like to add my name to the "Ban RL" petition. It's the only real solution. He adds absolutly nothing of value to this website.
  • SuperDude
    20 years ago
    Thanks for your voice of sanity and reason. Now let's get on with it.
  • casualguy
    20 years ago
    This is the best thread on here I think I've seen in a long time. Thumbs up here.
  • verfolgung
    20 years ago
    Just refreshing the thread. Have a great weekend everyone. Try not to spend too much time indoors!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion