tuscl

Trainwreck scene: great argument against monogamy

Electronman
Too much of a good thing is never enough
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cCPQglG…

Some people found this scene from Trainwreck comedic. I found it compelling and immediately scheduled my next trip to a Detroit strip club.

Any other great arguments against monogamy??

8 comments

• JohnSmith69
    9 years ago
    Phenomenal logic. Can't possibly argue with it.
  • GoVikings
    9 years ago
    lol awesome clip, thanks for sharing
  • georgmicrodong
    9 years ago
    While compelling, sex is a stupid reason to get married and and even stupider one to get divorced.

Monogamy is mostly about property rights anyway; it's only been in the last century or so that it's been even partially about emotions.

If you want a decent treatise on why other types of marriages might be superior in some ways, read Robert A. Heinlein's "The Moon is a Harsh Mistress" or "Friday" books.
  • sclvr5005
    9 years ago
    The best argument against monogamy is marriage. Just take a look around you.
  • mjx01
    9 years ago
    Great clip... makes more sense as advise to boys. The problem with marriage is it destroys you financially if it doesn't work out.
  • lopaw
    9 years ago
    No, mjx01.....little girls need to hear that truth even more. We are brainwashed since birth to want the whole BS that is marriage, monogamy...the whole spiel. It's pure garbage but it's drilled into us from a young age and most women just accept it as the way it's supposed to be. To which I say BULLSHIT!!!!!

That clip should be mandatory viewing for EVERY kid!
  • jackslash
    9 years ago
    Bigamy is having one wife too many. Monogamy is the same thing.--Oscar Wilde
  • Mr_O
    9 years ago
    I like the way it was in my very young days, just crab 'em and doik 'em. Sometimes you had to wack them with a big club then drag them into the cave.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion